Author Topic: CV Commanding  (Read 923 times)

Offline BowHTR

• Gold Member
CV Commanding
« on: April 06, 2011, 11:17:14 PM »
I wish for there to be some kind of new way to take command of the CV that doesn't run off of rank. It starts to be a pain when score padders take control of the CV with a ranking of 20 or 30 and just go and hide it, when someone else it trying to put it into play. I can understand if the other country has the port, but 90% pf the time, someone is sending all the CVs to hide in a corner. I understand that ecah and every country can do as they wish with their CVs, but can we have a better way to control who can take command of the CVs?

Here is an example of what im talking about. I tried to put it into play 3 times before they just took command of it and sent it on its way.

There has to be some other way to control who can take control of the CV. Maybe leave it as is, but a certain amount of people can vote you out of command so someone else can take command of it.

Thanks in advanced
AH Supporter Since Tour 35

Offline LLogann

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
      • Candidz.com
Re: CV Commanding
« Reply #1 on: April 06, 2011, 11:22:15 PM »
To be perfectly honest with you...........  If you know how the scoring works, you can be top 50 every tour.

Me?  I'm nobody special but have no problem finishing top 15 in a tour simply by doing all the things the game allows.....

If you want to be top 5, that requires some skill! 
See Rule #4
Now I only pay because of my friends.

Offline BowHTR

• Gold Member
« Reply #2 on: April 06, 2011, 11:25:17 PM »
To be perfectly honest with you...........  If you know how the scoring works, you can be top 50 every tour.

Me?  I'm nobody special but have no problem finishing top 15 in a tour simply by doing all the things the game allows.....

If you want to be top 5, that requires some skill!  

Dont really get to log too many hour a tour now and for me its not such much about score. For me, and im sure others, score is just a number.
« Last Edit: April 06, 2011, 11:29:11 PM by BowHTR »

Offline Flayed

• Copper Member
« Reply #3 on: April 07, 2011, 09:23:57 AM »
 The only problem I have with it is people that constantly send the CV through every PT spawn they can find.  Well actually I guess the biggest problem is those that take control and go AFK while the ship gets bombed......

But it's been this way for many years and I doubt HT will change it any time soon.
Bringing peace to the MA's 1 explody thingy at a time! :)

Pork em Pork em all!!!
  And the best quote EVERRRRR!!!
"All I can say is wow,some people are really stuck on stupid."
HiTech

Offline VonMessa

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #4 on: April 07, 2011, 09:41:56 AM »
You can't fix stupid.

It's asinine, but hey, if one spent all the time to pad their score, I guess they deserve it.

I do, however, like the "vote them out" idea.  Since ALL players spend the same $14.95, seems fair to me.  Especially if some mouth-breather is in charge of the fleet.

When there is a 109-T that is available from a CV, perhaps I'll care enough to make a fuss.

Since that will never happen, it's a good conclusion that I won't ever care too much.
Braümeister und Schmutziger Hund von JG11

We are all here because we are not all there.

Offline DeadStik

• Copper Member
« Reply #5 on: April 07, 2011, 11:55:21 AM »
High score doesn't mean they have good CV judgement skills. Voting them out is the way to go. I've also seen many times the high scoring player takes control, then ups a sortie and ignores it. It's a problem when an idiot with a good rank is in control. Also, some people are super stubborn and won't listen to reason. The exact example given above has been encountered by me many times (the exact map, exact spot). This is one of the reasons I left a certain country... too many self centered, score hording, stubborn @!#es.
Dedstick

Offline AAJagerX

• Gold Member
« Reply #6 on: April 07, 2011, 12:54:00 PM »
Wow, how long have ya been holding on to that screenshot?
AAJagerX - XO - AArchAAngelz

trainers.hitechcreations.com

Offline BowHTR

• Gold Member
« Reply #7 on: April 07, 2011, 02:09:25 PM »

not nearly as long as this one:

Offline AAJagerX

• Gold Member
« Reply #8 on: April 07, 2011, 02:23:30 PM »
HAHA, good one.  

Isn't the first pic from before the update that numbered the bases though?  Or am I missing something?

Offline LLogann

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
      • Candidz.com
« Reply #9 on: April 07, 2011, 02:29:57 PM »
He has the names and alt turned off.... Along with spawns and radar.  And zones.   :D

Right click your map.   :aok

HAHA, good one.  

Isn't the first pic from before the update that numbered the bases though?  Or am I missing something?
See Rule #4
Now I only pay because of my friends.

Offline BowHTR

• Gold Member
« Reply #10 on: April 07, 2011, 02:36:59 PM »

I thought you were being sarcastic, sorry. The picture was taken just shortly before i posted. i tured off everything else so that you couls see what i was talking about. Sorry if there was any confusion.

Offline RTHolmes

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #11 on: April 07, 2011, 03:08:04 PM »
can we have a better way to control who can take command of the CVs?

what do you suggest?
71 (Eagle) Squadron

What most of us want to do is simply shoot stuff and look good doing it - Chilli

Offline EskimoJoe

• Platinum Member
« Reply #12 on: April 07, 2011, 03:57:04 PM »
Instead of posting here whining about somebody taking control of the
CV and hiding it, where you KNOW THEIR NAME...

8- Complaints about a player's behavior online should be emailed to support@hitechcreations.com rather than posted to this board.
Put a +1 on your geekness atribute  :aok

Offline AAJagerX

• Gold Member
« Reply #13 on: April 07, 2011, 05:56:34 PM »
I thought you were being sarcastic, sorry. The picture was taken just shortly before i posted. i tured off everything else so that you couls see what i was talking about. Sorry if there was any confusion.

Nope, I guess I just never turn that stuff off.  Learn something new everyday.

Offline badhorse

• Silver Member
« Reply #14 on: April 07, 2011, 06:22:12 PM »
This can be frustrating. I've seen it where the person in command has just forgotten and gone to fight somewhere else.
How about you can only have command while either on the ship or on an airplane/vehicle launched from that ship.
Always try and be the person your dog thinks you are.