Author Topic: Next version  (Read 2418 times)

Offline icepac

• Platinum Member
Re: Next version
« Reply #45 on: April 14, 2011, 09:10:22 AM »
A zeppellin in WWI would be pretty cool.

Offline R 105

• Silver Member
« Reply #46 on: April 14, 2011, 10:27:42 AM »
 Well I only hope my old computer will run the new version when it comes out. I saw a lot of old timers bail from the game on the last big up date.  Guys who play since Air warrior days left. I hope that will not be the case for me. I love this game but no extra cash for a new computer at this time.
I will keep my fingers crossed.

Offline icepac

• Platinum Member
« Reply #47 on: April 14, 2011, 12:47:22 PM »
I spent 280 bucks to update my old athlon thunderbird 1.2 to a phenom II 555 black edition cpu at 3.2 ghz.

All I changed was cpu, motherboard, memory, and power supply and got a huge performance boost while also removing all expansion cards.

Motherboard with integrated graphics.....Asus M4A785-M.......$79.00
Processor................phen omII 555 black edition...................$89.00
2 gigs of memory......(xp only recognizes 3)..........................$27.99
550 watt power supply....................... ............................. ..$39.00

I did add much larger cpu cooler with quiet fan.......................$29.00

I just used the legacy ide port for the cd and hard drive and, though it reduces disk performance greatly, it runs the game fine.

The graphics is a weak integrated ati HD4200 but it plays the game fine at 60fps.

Of course.....assembling this and making it work could open up a huge can of worms fiddling with drivers and settings as about 50% of builds/upgrades seem to do.

Offline hitech

• Administrator
  • Administrator
      • http://www.hitechcreations.com
« Reply #48 on: April 14, 2011, 12:52:01 PM »
Well I only hope my old computer will run the new version when it comes out. I saw a lot of old timers bail from the game on the last big up date.  Guys who play since Air warrior days left. I hope that will not be the case for me. I love this game but no extra cash for a new computer at this time.

Nothing has changed that should have any effect on frame rates.

HiTech

Offline sunfan1121

• Gold Member
« Reply #49 on: April 14, 2011, 01:54:09 PM »
I bet they hadn't had a upgrade since the AW days. My POS Emachine runs AH just fine on low settings.
A drunk driver will run a stop sign. A stoned driver will stop until it turns green.

Offline Ack-Ack

• Radioactive Member
      • FlameWarriors
« Reply #50 on: April 14, 2011, 05:47:56 PM »
Guys who play since Air warrior days left.

We have?  Heck, I've seen just the last tour about 4 old AW guys that have finally made their way to AH.  I think you're attributing normal attrition for customer dissatisfaction.  Those of us that came from AW have been at this for a long time and its natural that over time our numbers are going to decline as real life and other factors start to draw us away. 

ack-ack
"If Jesus came back as an airplane, he would be a P-38." - WW2 P-38 pilot
Elite Top Aces +1 Mexican Official Squadron Song