Author Topic: PT Boat landing.  (Read 1949 times)

Offline Rolex

• AH Training Corps
  • Gold Member
Re: PT Boat landing.
« Reply #30 on: April 12, 2011, 09:26:26 AM »
I've never gotten a successful landing at a PT spawn point, even by launching and exiting without moving with no enemy in the area.

I'm sticking with the inside the fleet boundary and alongside the pier at a port. :D

Offline crazyivan

• Gold Member
« Reply #31 on: April 12, 2011, 04:15:10 PM »

Note: this was the same night of the epic Jeep expedition masacre. :banana:
« Last Edit: April 12, 2011, 04:33:53 PM by crazyivan »
POTW
"Atleast I have chicken!"- Leroy Jenkins

Offline rpm

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #32 on: April 13, 2011, 02:48:39 AM »
Rolex I've had problems with landing in fleet boundaries. Finding a safe landing in a PT is nearly impossible. A port is the only base other than a CV I've ever landed successfully.

I think what everyone is asking for is an equivalent to what GV's have for a successful landing away from base. Seems reasonable.
My mind is a raging torrent, flooded with rivulets of thought cascading into a waterfall of creative alternatives.
Stay thirsty my friends.

Offline Bruv119

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
      • http://www.thefewsquadron.co.uk
« Reply #33 on: April 13, 2011, 02:52:17 AM »
Only time I landed a PT was by doing a bond style leap of faith onto an airfield's runway that happened to be right next to the shore.

If only you got extra points for style.
The Few ***
F.P.H

Offline Solar10

• Silver Member
« Reply #34 on: April 13, 2011, 11:12:10 AM »
Apart from sliding onto the runway the only other way I have done it is to not move.  That's the only way I can every be sure I am at a dead stop.  Maybe a little tolerance on the the definition of dead stop for PTs may be in order?
~Hells Angels~
Solar10

Offline AAJagerX

• Gold Member
« Reply #35 on: April 13, 2011, 03:57:44 PM »
Rolex I've had problems with landing in fleet boundaries. Finding a safe landing in a PT is nearly impossible. A port is the only base other than a CV I've ever landed successfully.

I think what everyone is asking for is an equivalent to what GV's have for a successful landing away from base. Seems reasonable.

Yeah, that's exactly the point.  It's a real pita to get out ahead of the CV, throw it in reverse, get totally stopped, and tower out before the task group is already past you.  The PT spawn points make it virtually impossible to land them when you spawn a sector or more from a port or airbase (with no CV around).  I love the PT boat, it's one of my favorite "quirk" rides, and I bet alot more would run PT raids if they knew they had a chance at landing.  It'd be fine if it was required to be at a dead stop, just make it so the 6k rule applies to them. 
AAJagerX - XO - AArchAAngelz

trainers.hitechcreations.com

Offline AAJagerX

• Gold Member
« Reply #36 on: April 13, 2011, 03:58:53 PM »
Only time I landed a PT was by doing a bond style leap of faith onto an airfield's runway that happened to be right next to the shore.

If only you got extra points for style.

I would've LMAO if I was sitting on a runway about to take off and a PT boat came sliding past me.

Offline AAIbyteu

• Zinc Member
« Reply #37 on: April 13, 2011, 07:01:28 PM »
OK, so we proved it can be done.  BUT, why is it so dang hard?  Why can't you land it ike a GV?  If you spawn from a point out to somewhere, you are not going to make it back to the starting base unless driving on a beautiful fake lake is what you like to spend you night doing.  GV's don't have to drive back the the start base.  Just my 2 cents worth.   :angel:

Offline Raphael

• Gold Member
« Reply #38 on: April 13, 2011, 08:12:28 PM »
I just got one "you landed sucsessfully" in an ENEMY port ._. what the heck?
Remember 08/08/2012
 Youtube videos - http://www.youtube.com/user/raphael103/featured
Game ID => Raphael
XO of Jg5

Offline Raphael

• Gold Member
« Reply #39 on: April 13, 2011, 08:17:53 PM »
I have the ahfilm here and it shows that i reached the beach on the enemy port but the video ends before the "you have landed sucsessfully" message ): Buy I am not lying, there is no reason to lie about it, I should have taken the in game SS tho ):
Remember 08/08/2012
 Youtube videos - http://www.youtube.com/user/raphael103/featured
Game ID => Raphael
XO of Jg5

Offline BaldEagl

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #40 on: April 14, 2011, 12:20:54 AM »
I get successful PT boat landings all the time.  Here's what you do:

Pull up alongside a friendly CV and drive to the front of it.  Chop throttle, put it in reverse then slam the throttle back open.  Watch behind you for your wake to stop then kill the engine and hit end sortie.  You will get a successful landing just as the stern of the CV passes.  You can come to a full stop within the length of the moving CV.

Nothing else works.
« Last Edit: April 14, 2011, 12:23:46 AM by BaldEagl »
I edit a lot of my posts.  Get used to it.

Offline AAJagerX

• Gold Member
« Reply #41 on: April 14, 2011, 01:13:14 AM »
I have the ahfilm here and it shows that i reached the beach on the enemy port but the video ends before the "you have landed sucsessfully" message ): Buy I am not lying, there is no reason to lie about it, I should have taken the in game SS tho ):

Post it.

Offline AAJagerX

• Gold Member
« Reply #42 on: April 14, 2011, 01:13:59 AM »
I get successful PT boat landings all the time.  Here's what you do:

Pull up alongside a friendly CV and drive to the front of it.  Chop throttle, put it in reverse then slam the throttle back open.  Watch behind you for your wake to stop then kill the engine and hit end sortie.  You will get a successful landing just as the stern of the CV passes.  You can come to a full stop within the length of the moving CV.

Nothing else works.

Doesn't that seem a little bit ridiculous though?

Offline BaldEagl

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #43 on: April 14, 2011, 07:24:01 AM »
Doesn't that seem a little bit ridiculous though?

In terms of the fact it's the only place you can land successfully yes.  In terms of using full reverse to get stopped it's just the same as driving a real boat.
I edit a lot of my posts.  Get used to it.

Offline kilz

• Gold Member
« Reply #44 on: April 14, 2011, 02:52:01 PM »
to land a PT Boat you have to be with in 500 of the ORIGINAL CV or park in the Pier of which the ORIGINAL CV came from. cant be any port.
Former LTARkilz

R.I.P 68KO, TailSpin, Maj1Shot, Prop31st, SWfire, rodders, Vega, easy8, 11Bravo, AWMac, GMC31st, Stoliman, WWhiskey