Author Topic: srry but  (Read 1537 times)

Offline olds442

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
srry but
« on: April 12, 2011, 07:12:04 PM »
is there a way to post sound packs with out having a websight to like "host:" them at

PS: why cant we not just zip then copy and paste?
only a moron would use Dolby positioning in a game.
IGN: cutlass "shovels and rakes and implements of destruction"

Offline Jayhawk

• Gold Member
Re: srry but
« Reply #1 on: April 12, 2011, 07:25:55 PM »
Not that I'm aware of, the information has to be stored somewhere and I don't believe HTC wants to host all the files people would put up.  What's wrong with a file hosting site?
LOOK EVERYBODY!  I GOT MY NAME IN LIGHTS!

Folks, play nice.

Offline olds442

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
« Reply #2 on: April 12, 2011, 07:44:31 PM »
Not that I'm aware of, the information has to be stored somewhere and I don't believe HTC wants to host all the files people would put up.  What's wrong with a file hosting site?
never wants to work

Offline Jayhawk

• Gold Member
« Reply #3 on: April 12, 2011, 07:49:56 PM »
What site are you using?  What's the problem with it?  Have you tried another site?

Folks, play nice.

Offline olds442

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
« Reply #4 on: April 13, 2011, 07:12:53 PM »
ok nm

just is anyone willing to teach me how to post my sound pack

Offline Ack-Ack

• Radioactive Member
      • FlameWarriors
« Reply #5 on: April 13, 2011, 08:03:46 PM »
1. compress the sound pack using a packer like winzip or .winrar
2. find a file hosting service like MediaFire and sign up
3. upload file to the host
4. post link to file in forum post

It's really that easy.

ack-ack
"If Jesus came back as an airplane, he would be a P-38." - WW2 P-38 pilot
Elite Top Aces +1 Mexican Official Squadron Song

Offline olds442

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
« Reply #6 on: April 14, 2011, 07:40:57 AM »
1. compress the sound pack using a packer like winzip or .winrar
2. find a file hosting service like MediaFire and sign up
3. upload file to the host
4. post link to file in forum post

It's really that easy.

ack-ack
I'm stuck at part two.... when i go to log into my meidafire account it says wrong log in

Offline Jayhawk

• Gold Member
« Reply #7 on: April 14, 2011, 12:10:03 PM »
I'm stuck at part two.... when i go to log into my meidafire account it says wrong log in

Not sure there is much AckAck (or anyone else on these boards) can do about that.    That's your issue to solve.

On second though though, I'm not sure you even need an account to host on mediafire.

Folks, play nice.

Offline FLS

• AH Training Corps
  • Plutonium Member
      • Trainer's Website
« Reply #8 on: April 14, 2011, 12:11:54 PM »
It's likely that you can request mediafire send you your login information.

Offline fuzeman

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #9 on: April 14, 2011, 12:35:51 PM »
Well by golly..... use the right log in information.   :confused:
Far too many, if not most, people on this Board post just to say something opposed to posting when they have something to say.

"Masters of the Air" Scenario - JG54

Offline Ack-Ack

• Radioactive Member
      • FlameWarriors
« Reply #10 on: April 14, 2011, 08:22:22 PM »

Seriously?  How are you able to function without a brain? 

One of the wonderous and amazing features you find in most websites with a login function is this fantastic ability to retrieve forgotten login information.  All you have to do is move that little mouse cursor (you might want to ask one of your parents to move the mouse for you as it may be confusing to you why that little arrow is moving around on your desktop) to the link to retrieve your forgotten login information and click on it.  The wonders of the Internets will now commence and will magically take you to another page where you most like need to enter your email address (again, ask your parents what an "email address" is) and enter it.  Now you'll most likely receive an "email" (no, don't go running outside to your mail box, this mail is (BIG WORD ALERT!) "electronic" and goes to your computer) and will contain the information you need to retrieve your lost login information.

Again, very simple...so simple that a cave man can do it but sadly, not you.

ack-ack
"If Jesus came back as an airplane, he would be a P-38." - WW2 P-38 pilot
Elite Top Aces +1 Mexican Official Squadron Song

Offline olds442

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
« Reply #11 on: April 15, 2011, 06:30:33 AM »
Seriously?  How are you able to function without a brain?  

One of the wonderous and amazing features you find in most websites with a login function is this fantastic ability to retrieve forgotten login information.  All you have to do is move that little mouse cursor (you might want to ask one of your parents to move the mouse for you as it may be confusing to you why that little arrow is moving around on your desktop) to the link to retrieve your forgotten login information and click on it.  The wonders of the Internets will now commence and will magically take you to another page where you most like need to enter your email address (again, ask your parents what an "email address" is) and enter it.  Now you'll most likely receive an "email" (no, don't go running outside to your mail box, this mail is (BIG WORD ALERT!) "electronic" and goes to your computer) and will contain the information you need to retrieve your lost login information.

Again, very simple...so simple that a cave man can do it but sadly, not you.

ack-ack
omg stop accusing me i tried that  and nothing just poped up with a diffrent message im redownloading windows to see if it helps and this is the help form not lets go make fun of people form

EDIT: i have the BBS on my favorite list but if i go to anyother site to login it says ether :your browser is not sotring cookies properly" or "invalid login"
« Last Edit: April 15, 2011, 06:33:20 AM by olds442 »

Offline FLS

• AH Training Corps
  • Plutonium Member
      • Trainer's Website
« Reply #12 on: April 15, 2011, 06:38:51 AM »
Did you try creating a new account at Mediafire?

Offline olds442

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
« Reply #13 on: April 15, 2011, 06:42:55 AM »
Did you try creating a new account at Mediafire?
yea same thing...

im playing around with my settings and everytime i enabel cookies they disable after i log in to here or etc so i can login to meidfire but not here or vis virsa

Offline Owlblink

• Nickel Member
« Reply #14 on: April 19, 2011, 10:09:43 AM »
yea same thing...

im playing around with my settings and everytime i enabel cookies they disable after i log in to here or etc so i can login to meidfire but not here or vis virsa
You can try these two ideas and see if either of them work:

under Tools > Internet Options > Privacy tab, check to see what your Internet Zone settings are on (usually they are on Medium by default). If you've tried this already, there's another option: On the same Privacy tab, there's a button that says "Sites," click on this and put in the website for either the Aces High forums and/or for the file hosting website/domain. After you're done using these websites, just go into your options and tell it to dump cookies so you're not being tracked by any additional cookies from the filehost.
One other idea is to check what the settings for your internet security are set to, sometimes there's a conflict between it and your web browser when it comes to particular website and/or programs. You might have to see what your virus protection program things about the filehosting service, they might perceive it as a threat to your system.

One other thing, you don't have to be logged into BOTH sites at the same time. Just log into the hosting site, upload, write down the domain information, then log out of there and come here. It might be that your perticular options do not like you being logged into these two websites at the same time.
« Last Edit: April 19, 2011, 10:12:07 AM by Owlblink »
Kommando Nowotny FSO
80th FS "Headhunters"