Author Topic: Hot Pad vs. Sortie  (Read 1650 times)

Offline icepac

• Platinum Member
Re: Hot Pad vs. Sortie
« Reply #30 on: April 19, 2011, 02:16:10 PM »
Maybe a crewchief yelling at you to watch the manifold pressure.

Offline Babalonian

• Platinum Member
      • Pigs on the Wing
« Reply #31 on: April 19, 2011, 03:19:55 PM »
For those young gun-ho yank pilots sure, but maybe a little Schultz clip for the irons drivers, and something with a little more bravado for the Russian and Italian drivers?   :D  :aok  Maybe something different for those that prefer to let the swabies touch their aircraft?  Oh the possibilities...
-Babalon
"Let's light 'em up and see how they smoke."
POTW IIw Oink! - http://www.PigsOnTheWing.org

Wow, you guys need help.

Offline MaSonZ

• Gold Member
« Reply #32 on: April 19, 2011, 03:40:04 PM »
For those young gun-ho yank pilots sure, but maybe a little Schultz clip for the irons drivers, and something with a little more bravado for the Russian and Italian drivers?   :D  :aok  Maybe something different for those that prefer to let the swabies touch their aircraft?  Oh the possibilities...
+1.
"Only the dead have seen the end of war" - Plato
HogDweeb

Offline GNucks

• Silver Member
      • VF-17 "Jolly Rogers"
« Reply #33 on: April 19, 2011, 04:00:57 PM »

That sounds like something that is better suited for a custom sound pack in my opinion. Say every aircraft could have it's own "hotpad.wav"?

Rebel - Inactive
An amateur trains until he gets it right, a professional until he can't get it wrong.
vf-17.webuda.com

Offline MaSonZ

• Gold Member
« Reply #34 on: April 19, 2011, 04:22:26 PM »
That sounds like something that is better suited for a custom sound pack in my opinion. Say every aircraft could have it's own "hotpad.wav"?
+1
"Only the dead have seen the end of war" - Plato
HogDweeb

Offline BaDkaRmA158Th

• Gold Member
« Reply #35 on: April 19, 2011, 04:34:05 PM »
 :rock

well,someone post it. :P
~383Rd RTC/CH BW/AG~
BaDfaRmA

My signature says "Our commitment to diplomacy will never inhibit our willingness to kick a$s."

Offline STEELE

• Nickel Member
« Reply #36 on: April 20, 2011, 06:01:12 AM »
Maybe a crewchief yelling at you to watch the manifold pressure.
   :rofl
I see those stretched out throttle stops! 
The Kanonenvogel had 6 rounds per pod, this is not even close to being open for debate.

Offline Ping

• Silver Member
« Reply #37 on: April 20, 2011, 07:24:04 AM »
Posted in Wishlist with credit given to BaDkaRmA158Th
I/JG2 Enemy Coast Ahead

Offline LLogann

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
      • Candidz.com
« Reply #38 on: April 20, 2011, 07:53:16 AM »
Yeah that's about right... With full throttle you can get up in the 300 range even with the wheels and skid plate extended, however bringing the throttle down to say 2500 gph, you'll only get ~233 IAS.  And if you want to fly right, you've got to try and climb while not burning more than say 2000 the first 5 minutes.  Crappy way to travel. 

163s will keep their trolley below 200 mph and feet, dont quote me verbatim, the figures are about that, I'm not sure as I haven't done it in years. You can base hop to the front.
 :noid
See Rule #4
Now I only pay because of my friends.

Offline Gaidin

• Silver Member
« Reply #39 on: April 20, 2011, 10:53:04 AM »
Its alot of fun to do.  I have done it once and had a blast.  All you see on 200 is HTH did they get a 163 here!!
Death is but a doorway to life, only those who fear life fear its opening.

Ingame: 68Gaidin

Proud Member of the CM Team
FSO - Admin

Offline Slade

• Silver Member
« Reply #40 on: April 23, 2011, 09:22:16 AM »
It just takes too long. Id rather land, re-up.

After all the responses it seems if one is consumed with score just re-upping quickly will not be adequate.

The 163 method is brilliant.  :aok

I can't drive my plane on the ground so I think I'll simply just re-up after I land.  Someone else can count my score.  I got planes to kill and a squad assist, don't have unlimited time to play this game.  To each his own.

Thanks again for all the comments.  Learned a lot.  :salute
-- Flying as X15 --

Offline BoilerDown

• Silver Member
« Reply #41 on: April 23, 2011, 11:21:00 AM »
If I only have one kill and no damage, I'll use the rearm pad.  One, I get a head start on getting my name in lights, which makes me look like one of the cool kids.  But more importantly, I do it to maintain the skill of taxiing the airplane and getting to the rearm without wrecking, and taking off without auto-takeoff.  Because in scenarios, I need this skill.  Yeah its slower, but for me its something I need to practice doing or I won't be able to when it counts.
Boildown

This is the Captain.  We have a lil' problem with our entry sequence so we may experience some slight turbulence and then... explode.

Boildown is Twitching: http://www.twitch.tv/boildown

Offline 321BAR

• Platinum Member
« Reply #42 on: April 23, 2011, 11:34:05 AM »
In Viet Nam we did hot pad refueling when traveling cross country. No engine shut down just stick the fuel hose in the tank and fill er up. It was considered one sortie as I remember it.                     This was on UH-1N helicopter gun ships in the 20ths S.O.S. (Special Operations Squadron).
:headscratch:
I am in need of a new epic quote
Happy Jack's Go Buggy

Offline grizz441

• Platinum Member
« Reply #43 on: April 23, 2011, 02:06:39 PM »
Using the rearm pad is fun.  For those of us that enjoy the challenge of landing lots of kills and beating personal bests, it lets you "risk" your sortie for the chance of higher success.  It's incredible how it wears on you when you are approaching a record or a personal best.

Offline Slade

• Silver Member
« Reply #44 on: April 23, 2011, 04:37:48 PM »
321bar and griz441.  More power to ya.  :aok

Don't take my comments as being condescending or the like.  Not my intent at all.  

I think diversity in how we play the game makes it better.  It also may be true that the manner in which AH has written this software, to allow such diversity, both attracts new users and retains veteran users.

Rock on!
-- Flying as X15 --