Author Topic: Are there enough players?  (Read 7718 times)

Offline Bruv119

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
      • http://www.thefewsquadron.co.uk
Re: Are there enough players?
« Reply #255 on: April 21, 2011, 04:08:30 PM »
Yeah, probably just like the college kid who filmed his roomate having gay sex and posted it on the Internet only to have the roomate kill himself.  Good work.

And I noticed you said "hopefully" meaning you're leaving the door open to doing the same again to someone else.  I'm not sure how anyone could trust you.  I know I wouldn't. 

to record or not to record that is the question.   :bolt:
The Few ***
F.P.H

Offline Noir

• Platinum Member
« Reply #256 on: April 21, 2011, 04:13:46 PM »
Yeah, probably just like the college kid who filmed his roomate having gay sex and posted it on the Internet only to have the roomate kill himself.  Good work.

Yes this is "just like" it... :bhead
now posting as SirNuke

Offline MickDono

• Gold Member
« Reply #257 on: April 21, 2011, 04:17:50 PM »

Offline Bruv119

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #258 on: April 21, 2011, 04:18:36 PM »
E-Gad!

When is Spek's term as Few Public Relations Officer up?  Hopefully soon for your guys sake.   :lol

will sunbat like to come over for a short term aswell?   He is more than welcome too, hopefully he can train some of the other guys to look cooler on the BBS.   :aok
The Few ***
F.P.H

Offline kilo2

• Gold Member
« Reply #259 on: April 21, 2011, 04:25:17 PM »
recording vent thats outrageous!

just imagine if AH's film recorder also recorded vox, I mean there would be potentially incriminating audio recordings on everyones hard drives! just as well it doesnt eh?

(btw Im hinting that you guys are idiots)

someone remind me what the last couple of pages have to do with overall player numbers and its effect on gameplay? :headscratch:

Yeah but you have to make an effort to record it on vent. On AH it just happens and to use that is lame.
X.O. Kommando Nowotny
FlyKommando.com

"Never abandon the possibility of attack."

Offline Kazaa

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #260 on: April 21, 2011, 04:25:52 PM »
Yeah, probably just like the college kid who filmed his roomate having gay sex and posted it on the Internet only to have the roomate kill himself.  Good work.

And I noticed you said "hopefully" meaning you're leaving the door open to doing the same again to someone else.  I'm not sure how anyone could trust you.  I know I wouldn't.  

Where have I posted anything Bipolar said? I simply stated that if he were to "share", I would simply do the same.

So apparently, according to you - trying to protect a 16 year old boy from the threats of a grown 30 something year old man puts me in the same class as a twisted pervert? OH MY GOD... How does your brain work?
« Last Edit: April 21, 2011, 04:31:45 PM by Kazaa »

"If you learn from defeat, you haven't really lost."

Offline Zoney

• Platinum Member
« Reply #261 on: April 21, 2011, 04:33:59 PM »
This is sure a fun game to play, wouldn't you Gentlemen agree?
Wag more, bark less.

Offline BaldEagl

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #262 on: April 21, 2011, 04:34:33 PM »
Where have I posted anything Bipolar said? I simply stated that if he were to "share", I would simply do the same.

So apparently, according to you - trying to protect a 16 year old boy from the threats of a grown 30 something year old man puts in the same class as a twisted pervert? OH MY GOD...

My point was the kid who posted that probably had his reasons too.  That didn't make it right.

It's pretty clear that BiP had something on you and you contrived a way to entrap him so you could blackmail him to keep whatever he had from becoming public.

I've never had any positive or negative feelings about the Few but you've really put yourself and your entire squad in a bad light.  Whatever BiP had on you this is probably worse.
I edit a lot of my posts.  Get used to it.

Offline 68ZooM

• Platinum Member
« Reply #263 on: April 21, 2011, 04:44:01 PM »
 you guys need to freaking grow up, some people take this game and all its drama to far, and thank god all the players don't read the forum or i think we would have less players than we have now.

Now as far as the Topic of this thread goes, theres always enough players but i feel the playing style is changing from what it used to be, more and more players feel safer in large numbers that's why you see alot of horde vrs horde fights, sure its fun but that grows old fast theres more to the game than just that, it just seems the days of the little battles for airfields and GV bases are gone i used to log in and see them battles all over the map but the fighting style was different then players didn't mind flying around alone or small numbers to fight and defend Fields, it just seems its the total opposite today, overwhelming numbers advance on a single base instead of fighting all over the Map
i guess they just feel safer that way,  just my thoughts
UrSelf...Pigs On The Wing...Retired

Was me, I bumped a power cord. HiTEch

Offline Kazaa

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #264 on: April 21, 2011, 04:47:18 PM »
My point was the kid who posted that probably had his reasons too.  That didn't make it right.

It's pretty clear that BiP had something on you and you contrived a way to entrap him so you could blackmail him to keep whatever he had from becoming public.

I've never had any positive or negative feelings about the Few but you've really put yourself and your entire squad in a bad light.  Whatever BiP had on you this is probably worse.

This is the thing, he has nothing on me. If he does, I give him free rain to share it with the community with no backlash. Everything else you say is complete BS, this is why people like you should learn to keep your nose out.
« Last Edit: April 21, 2011, 05:00:58 PM by Kazaa »

"If you learn from defeat, you haven't really lost."

Offline Ardy123

• Gold Member
« Reply #265 on: April 21, 2011, 04:53:44 PM »
you guys need to freaking grow up, some people take this game and all its drama to far, and thank god all the players don't read the forum or i think we would have less players than we have now.

Now as far as the Topic of this thread goes, theres always enough players but i feel the playing style is changing from what it used to be, more and more players feel safer in large numbers that's why you see alot of horde vrs horde fights, sure its fun but that grows old fast theres more to the game than just that, it just seems the days of the little battles for airfields and GV bases are gone i used to log in and see them battles all over the map but the fighting style was different then players didn't mind flying around alone or small numbers to fight and defend Fields, it just seems its the total opposite today, overwhelming numbers advance on a single base instead of fighting all over the Map
i guess they just feel safer that way,  just my thoughts

I agree with the symptoms described. As stated before I think its just an issue of 'feeling accomplished'. The learning curve is steep and the game rules are very 'loose', as such the natural tendency is to gravitate to the 'easiest' way to achieve the sense that one has 'accomplished' something. Also, keep in mind that the game is a zero sum environment, for me to feel 'accomplished' it has to be at the expense of you feeling like you failed (aka you killed me, or I killed you). As Snailman pointed out, most have a k/d below 1 and thus single fights distributed don't encourage that.

It would be interesting to see an arena where there are more clear objectives, such as one that simulates the 'battle of Britain'. The game script would list available missions, and a player could only up as part of a particular mission. There would be more than one mission per country at one time (maybe 4 or 5 depending on the number of players there). This would be like a team oriented version of a single player combat sim. This would be also be like the scenarios blended with the no-structure env of the MA.

See this is the thing, he has nothing on me. If he does I give him free rain to share it with the community with no backlash. Everything else you say is complete BS, this is why people like you should learn to keep your nose out.

sorry Kazaa, the damage has been done... the judgments have been made, better off trying to get this thread back on track.
« Last Edit: April 21, 2011, 04:55:30 PM by Ardy123 »
Yeah, that's right, you just got your rear handed to you by a fuggly puppet!
==Army of Muppets==
(Bunnies)

Offline LCADolby

• Platinum Member
« Reply #266 on: April 21, 2011, 05:12:09 PM »
I use this quote as 1 of many potential example.

sorry Kazaa, the damage has been done... the judgments have been made, better off trying to get this thread back on track.

Some of you guys are so wrapped in biased evidence, (and I use the word evidence very loosely.)

Believing hear-say and rumour just proves how daft and fickle some of you are. You know there is always more than one side to any disagreement.

Take people (and squads) as ther are and how they act towards you personally.

You Lose, Good Day Sir!  :salute
JG5 "Eismeer"
YouTube-20Dolby10
Twitch - Glendinho

Offline Ardy123

• Gold Member
« Reply #267 on: April 21, 2011, 05:16:36 PM »
I use this quote as 1 of many potential example.Some of you guys are so wrapped in biased evidence, (and I use the word evidence very loosely.)

Believing hear-say and rumour just proves how daft and fickle some of you are. You know there is always more than one side to any disagreement.

Take people (and squads) as ther are and how they act towards you personally.

You Lose, Good Day Sir!  :salute

You clearly misunderstood and trying to drag this out longer....

1)Do you want the whole community focused on your squad?
2)Do you think the topic will rest by posting competitive statements like "You Lose"?
3)Do you want the 'rumours' to perpetuate further by focusing on it?
4)Look how well people responded to recording your members conversations? this is a no win situation for your squad.

I suggest you drop it...
« Last Edit: April 21, 2011, 05:18:51 PM by Ardy123 »
Yeah, that's right, you just got your rear handed to you by a fuggly puppet!
==Army of Muppets==
(Bunnies)

Offline RTHolmes

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #268 on: April 21, 2011, 05:20:07 PM »

Q F T
71 (Eagle) Squadron

What most of us want to do is simply shoot stuff and look good doing it - Chilli

Offline coombz

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
« Reply #269 on: April 21, 2011, 05:27:56 PM »
1)Do you want the whole community focused on your squad?

By the whole community, you do mean 5 or 6 posters who are already obsessed with constantly spitting bile about The Few anyway, right?  :lol

Seems to me like Kazaa is showing consideration for Bipolar by not revealing the reasons for all this shady drama in the past

Did you see my dad on dogfights yet?
I'll be seeing you face to face possibly next month.