Author Topic: 262 whine  (Read 2575 times)

Offline Motherland

• Plutonium Member
Re: 262 whine
« Reply #45 on: April 17, 2011, 05:20:37 PM »

Offline ROX

• Gold Member
« Reply #46 on: April 17, 2011, 05:36:48 PM »
I agree.. the 262 IS bugged.. at the very least I think it needs 4 more 30mms and an extra 100mph top speed.. k, thx.

I don't know about "bugged" but I did have a different sound-pack downloaded.  Every time my 262 either used flaps or got to a higher speed (different sounds) the game would freeze for about 20-30 seconds then crash to desk top.  I'd go back in and find my fighter perkies over 200 or so lighter.

I mentioned it on the forums and was told that some user designed sound packs would do that to a 262.  I immediately deleted the game and re-downloaded it using the old sounds.  It never happened again.

Coincidence, fact, myth, who knows.  I am not qualified to say, that is for sure.

Just sayin.

Offline Razzor 479th

• Zinc Member
« Reply #47 on: April 17, 2011, 06:07:19 PM »
Gotta agree with the posted observations posted here.  I watched the film with the recorded views.  The second spit is mostly blocked from sight by the canopy frame work as it closes on you.  Its icon becomes slightly visible for a couple of seconds before he shoots, but is not visible enough to show his range and therefore no indication he is rapidly closing.  Some folks would say you should have checked the other icon as soon as it became visible.  While this is true if your only goal is to survive, realistically, most of us would have played the odds like you did and saty on your target and shoot.  Just bad luck on the way the two spits were aligned and converged like that, but no bug.

RAZOR - PIGS ON THE WING

Offline TheDudeDVant

• Gold Member
« Reply #48 on: April 17, 2011, 06:38:31 PM »
Ah man just the other day I found this purty jeep to shoot.  I turned around to get to him, and was completely locked in.  Then all of a sudden I got HO'd by some plane I NEVER saw.  I mean cmon what's up with the 262 anyways?  How bugged is it, i mean REALLY?  Well, after watching the film I realized that it was some spit I never saw that killed me but there's still something going on with the server or whatever.

I see the smoke! its bugged fer sure.. had it been 100mph faster that picker/dweeb spit wouldn't have been able to game the game and sneak up on you like that..

fix the bugs plz!
 :bolt:

Offline Silent6

• Copper Member
« Reply #49 on: April 18, 2011, 12:10:37 PM »
I viewed the film...many times.

You got 3 kills. The first early on. The nik at the end and the spit you ho'ed.

As for the ho situation....well that didn't go to well for you. The high spit was easily visible..they were together. Not sure how couldn see him.

First rule in flying a jet is NEVER go ho with any plane...just roll out and come back for an easier shot. Everyone will attempt to ho a jet..that is standard ops in AH.

Anyway here are some screen shots.

First...I just love this shot..its so pretty.
(Image removed from quote.)

The high spit racked you and hit your fuel. The film shows it as a miss but that is just lag...you were close to both and going 400+ ...sometimes you take a hit and a second later take damage.

Then 2 sec later you ho the spit. This shows the moment of explosion...you probably ran into his parts as well. Its hard to say if the high spit scored the hit or if you took damage from the explosion...but one of those two things happend. You get racked then fly through the explosion...due to lag its hard to tell which one killed you but I bet the high spit put rounds into your plane. I am sure the spit was firing at you...he had tracers off..you prob took the hit before he exploded.

If you look you will see that I never hoed anyone... that spit 8 was a six shot.  Anyways like you all said poor sa. The high spit was in a blind spot and he nailed me good. But if you look at the screen my last kill was from the six o'clock.

Offline SlapShot

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #50 on: April 18, 2011, 12:24:41 PM »
If you look you will see that I never hoed anyone... that spit 8 was a six shot.  Anyways like you all said poor sa. The high spit was in a blind spot and he nailed me good. But if you look at the screen my last kill was from the six o'clock.

So ... does this now mean that the 262 is not BUGGED ?
SlapShot - Blue Knights

Guppy: "The only risk we take is the fight, and since no one really dies, the reward is the fight."

Offline grizz441

• Platinum Member
« Reply #51 on: April 18, 2011, 12:32:08 PM »
Silent, I'm sorry for being a butthead, but your original post was just pure whine, no substance or fact, which is why it is not very surprising that there is no bug even after multiple people wasted their time to watch the 20 minute film looking for one.

Offline Agent360

• Nickel Member
      • http://troywardphotography.com
« Reply #52 on: April 19, 2011, 03:11:44 AM »

Your absolutly right. I looked at it again.

That solves it...it was the top spit that got the hit.  :salute