Author Topic: Attention squad COs!  (Read 2230 times)

Offline RTHolmes

• Plutonium Member
Re: Attention squad COs!
« Reply #15 on: April 22, 2011, 01:26:48 PM »
mmmm this was supposed to be more of an open letter than a discussion.

Ive said my piece, so I'll just leave it at that :)
71 (Eagle) Squadron

What most of us want to do is simply shoot stuff and look good doing it - Chilli

Offline VonMessa

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #16 on: April 22, 2011, 01:33:41 PM »
Still open to suggestions...

Open letter or not.

You know that you can't post without folks having an opinion

Braümeister und Schmutziger Hund von JG11

We are all here because we are not all there.

Offline AWwrgwy

• Platinum Member
« Reply #17 on: April 22, 2011, 10:51:33 PM »
Still open to suggestions...

Open letter or not.

You know that you can't post without folks having an opinion

Peer pressure?

Public humiliation?

Disassociation?

How bad do you want a twit to be in your squad?

wrongway
71 (Eagle) Squadron
"THAT"S PAINT!!"

"If nothing else works, a total pig-headed unwillingness to look facts in the face will see us through."
- General Sir Anthony Cecil Hogmanay

Offline The Fugitive

• Plutonium Member
      • Fugi's Aces Help
« Reply #18 on: April 23, 2011, 10:13:03 AM »
The problem is that these are not real "squads"  so there are no "consequences" to be levied other than getting biatched at or booted from the aquad.

By this I mean that there are no privileges to take away, no push-ups to be doing, no weekend pass to revoke, no barracks to G.I.

What do you suggest?

I would suggest exactly what you suggested in your post. If the "offender" really wants to stay in your squad then they will listen and tow the line. If they don't care, then you really don't want them in your squad anyway, at least I wouldn't.

The OP suggested that COs help keep things civil. This will work for the "civil" squads. If you have an "A-hole" squad, then they will continue to be "A-holes" not much you can do about that. Thats Skuzzys area  :D

Offline dhyran

• Persona Non Grata
  • Silver Member
      • ~<<~Loose Deuce~>>~
« Reply #19 on: April 23, 2011, 10:38:28 AM »
I'm getting really sick of seeing almost every forum topic blatantly hijacked recently by players sniping and squeaking at other squads.

Its not everyone, but theres several squads who have players who just cannot help themselves and take any opportunity they can to get a dig in at their "rivals".

A little friendly rivalry and competition between squads is a good thing for the game. I dont think anyone one minds some lighthearted smack talk or banter ingame or on the forums (as long as its not derailing a completely unrelated topic) but very often it goes waaay beyond this.

Player numbers arent growing at the moment and this is not going to encourage more players to sub.

What I'm asking is that squad COs keep an eye on their players and reign them in when they see this stuff happening, and make it clear that its not acceptable. I will be doing the same.

Ok thats my 2d.

Remember this is a game people, not a real war.

:salute
Holmes
CO 71 (Eagle) Sqn

good call Holmes!

i agree 100%, when i found the LD i created a couple of rules, rule 3 is;

Everybody will provide maximum assistance best to his abilities that will mainly apply towards newbies. We will never assault any player neither another Loose Deuce nor a stranger in public. Differences of opinion will be dealt with in private (i.e. by e-mail) never in public. If a member of the Loose Deuce is repeatedly attracting attention by means of inappropriate postings of insulting contents expulsion from the squadron might be a consequence

dhyran  - retired  CO  ~<<~Loose Deuce~>>~        www.loose-deuce.net/

Offline matt

• Silver Member
« Reply #20 on: May 13, 2011, 06:19:36 PM »
    i agree  :aok   :joystick: :airplane:

:salute   flakhapy