Author Topic: Attention squad COs!  (Read 2232 times)

Offline RTHolmes

• Plutonium Member
Attention squad COs!
« on: April 20, 2011, 12:29:25 AM »
I'm getting really sick of seeing almost every forum topic blatantly hijacked recently by players sniping and squeaking at other squads.

Its not everyone, but theres several squads who have players who just cannot help themselves and take any opportunity they can to get a dig in at their "rivals".

A little friendly rivalry and competition between squads is a good thing for the game. I dont think anyone one minds some lighthearted smack talk or banter ingame or on the forums (as long as its not derailing a completely unrelated topic) but very often it goes waaay beyond this.

Player numbers arent growing at the moment and this is not going to encourage more players to sub.

What I'm asking is that squad COs keep an eye on their players and reign them in when they see this stuff happening, and make it clear that its not acceptable. I will be doing the same.

Ok thats my 2d.

Remember this is a game people, not a real war.

:salute
Holmes
CO 71 (Eagle) Sqn
71 (Eagle) Squadron

What most of us want to do is simply shoot stuff and look good doing it - Chilli

Offline Yarbles

• Platinum Member
Re: Attention squad COs!
« Reply #1 on: April 20, 2011, 07:22:16 AM »
DFC/GFC/OAP

"Don't get into arguments with idiots, they drag you down to their level and then win from experience"
"He who can laugh at himself has mastered himself"

Offline B3YT

• Silver Member
« Reply #2 on: April 20, 2011, 08:11:32 AM »
good call I havn't played since dec due to money but i keep track and it all seems a bit childish.  act your age not your shoe size.

P.s holmes is that a hurricane your lying on?
As the cleaners say :"once more unto the bleach"

Offline RTHolmes

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #3 on: April 20, 2011, 08:25:00 AM »
yup 504 Sqn Hurri I, and from the date I think it may well be the one he bailed from - TM-B P2725 :)
71 (Eagle) Squadron

What most of us want to do is simply shoot stuff and look good doing it - Chilli

Offline B3YT

• Silver Member
« Reply #4 on: April 20, 2011, 10:26:54 AM »
THE greatest fighter ever produced in my book . :)  :airplane:    more pilots became aces in the hurricane Mk I than any other RAF fighter
As the cleaners say :"once more unto the bleach"

Offline TOMCAT21

• Silver Member
« Reply #5 on: April 20, 2011, 10:31:44 AM »
RETIRED US Army/ Flying and dying since Tour 80/"We're paratroopers, Lieutenant, we're supposed to be surrounded." - Capt. Richard Winters.  FSO 412th FNVG/MA- REGULATORS

Offline 007Rusty

• Gold Member
« Reply #6 on: April 20, 2011, 11:26:23 AM »
C.O. 444TH AIR MAFIA
 WD40 (FS0)

Offline waystin2

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #7 on: April 20, 2011, 12:49:30 PM »
CO for the Pigs On The Wing
& The nicest guy in Aces High!

Offline Babalonian

• Platinum Member
      • Pigs on the Wing
« Reply #8 on: April 20, 2011, 04:55:02 PM »
Noted.   :salute
-Babalon
"Let's light 'em up and see how they smoke."
POTW IIw Oink! - http://www.PigsOnTheWing.org

Wow, you guys need help.

Offline 321BAR

• Platinum Member
« Reply #9 on: April 20, 2011, 05:27:25 PM »
agreed in full <S> holmes. 71sqdn post like this deserves listening to <S>
I am in need of a new epic quote
Happy Jack's Go Buggy

Offline Shifty

• Plutonium Member
      • 307th FS
« Reply #10 on: April 22, 2011, 10:18:50 AM »
Agreed, I've always thought interfering with a squad's recruiting thread is one of the lowest forms of behavior on this BBS.

JG-11"Black Hearts"...nur die Stolzen, nur die Starken

"Haji may have blown my legs off but I'm still a stud"~ SPC Thomas Vandeventer Delta1/5 1st CAV

Offline syko

• Zinc Member
      • Pigs On The Wing
« Reply #11 on: April 22, 2011, 12:01:52 PM »
What I'm asking is that squad COs keep an eye on their players and reign them in when they see this stuff happening, and make it clear that its not acceptable. I will be doing the same.

I'm not a baby sitter... so no. this has been going on longer than 10 years I quit coming to this forum because of the disrespect. its up to the owners of the forum to police it.. not the CO's. every individul is responible for themselfs.
Pigs On The Wing
PIG COMMANDER
[90% of everything is crap...except for crap, because crap is 100% crap
The Big Rabits

Offline RTHolmes

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #12 on: April 22, 2011, 12:05:37 PM »
I guess you can either ignore the disrespect, or do something about it. thats your choice.

that fact is that whether you like it or not, a players behaviour reflects on their squad as a whole.

« Last Edit: April 22, 2011, 12:07:09 PM by RTHolmes »
71 (Eagle) Squadron

Offline TOMCAT21

• Silver Member
« Reply #13 on: April 22, 2011, 01:03:35 PM »
you could have 20 great guys in a squad out of 21 and that 21st guy if he is a yutz , some will see it as the whole acting that way.
RETIRED US Army/ Flying and dying since Tour 80/"We're paratroopers, Lieutenant, we're supposed to be surrounded." - Capt. Richard Winters.  FSO 412th FNVG/MA- REGULATORS

Offline VonMessa

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #14 on: April 22, 2011, 01:17:15 PM »
I'm getting really sick of seeing almost every forum topic blatantly hijacked recently by players sniping and squeaking at other squads.

Its not everyone, but theres several squads who have players who just cannot help themselves and take any opportunity they can to get a dig in at their "rivals".

A little friendly rivalry and competition between squads is a good thing for the game. I dont think anyone one minds some lighthearted smack talk or banter ingame or on the forums (as long as its not derailing a completely unrelated topic) but very often it goes waaay beyond this.

Player numbers arent growing at the moment and this is not going to encourage more players to sub.

Ok thats my 2d.

Remember this is a game people, not a real war.

Holmes
CO 71 (Eagle) Sqn

The problem is that these are not real "squads"  so there are no "consequences" to be levied other than getting biatched at or booted from the aquad.

By this I mean that there are no privileges to take away, no push-ups to be doing, no weekend pass to revoke, no barracks to G.I.

What do you suggest?
Braümeister und Schmutziger Hund von JG11

We are all here because we are not all there.