Author Topic: Scenario Leaders  (Read 793 times)

Offline ebfd11

• Platinum Member
      • [b]POTW[/b]
Scenario Leaders
« on: April 27, 2011, 03:41:58 PM »
I was talking with a friend last night and he gave me the idea for a scenario that i am going to run by you and see what you think.

Map Bob09

Operation Channel Run

Plane set

English

Spitfire Mk 8
Spitfire Mk 5
Hurricane Mk 2c
Typhoon Mk 1
Mossie
and B25

Germans

FW 190 a5
FW 190 A8
Bf-109 e4
Bf-109 f4

(plane sets can change to suit the needs of the scenario gods)

Now the synopsis is the Germans are so brash that they are running supplies through the English channel and the English are having a tough time trying to figure where the ships are located.

Run 2 carriers through the channel on the Bob09 map and it is the responsibility of the Germans to protect the carrier groups and it is the resposibilityof the English to sink the carriers.

Have the carriers start moving through the channel before the scenario starts and go from there. I can't find anything per real life on this but I thought it would be something different and unique to do.

Also have the ack on the carriers lowered so they dont give themselves away.

Thoughts??

Lawndart
PIGS ON THE WING 3RD WING

InGame id: LawnDart
RIP Skullman Potzie and BentNail

Offline ebfd11

• Platinum Member
      • [b]POTW[/b]
Re: Scenario Leaders
« Reply #1 on: April 27, 2011, 03:45:11 PM »
Oops wrong section.. this should be in the snapshots section, can i get moved there plz

Offline Krusty

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #2 on: April 27, 2011, 09:54:56 PM »
There is no way in any setup you should be running a Bf109E4 against those allied planes. The spit8 is arguably the most capable of the spitfires, as well. Doesn't roll as well as 16, but just as fast, climbs just as fast, and turns better. It's also faster than all of them up to about 20K, with the exception of being caught at sea level by a Fw190A8 (which... frankly... couldn't compete with a Spit8 even if it could catch it). Typhoon outruns all the axis planes up to 20k. Mossie matches or in some cases outruns them all up to 15k or so (with the exception of being run down at sea level by some).

It's very very very very lopsided and stacked against the axis.

EDIT: Main competition for mossies, tempests, spit8s would be 109G6 and maybe some G2s as well. Just for comparison.

Offline fudgums

• Gold Member
« Reply #3 on: April 27, 2011, 11:08:52 PM »
Channel run was 42 right? Spit8 didn't enter till 43?
"Masters of the Air" Scenario - JG27

Offline Krusty

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #4 on: April 28, 2011, 01:17:45 AM »
Doubt they had our typhie in 1942 either. When was the Mossie6 running missions across the channel, as well?

Offline ebfd11

• Platinum Member
      • [b]POTW[/b]
« Reply #5 on: May 04, 2011, 10:51:01 AM »
The planesets can be changed to be historically correct but the synopsis of the Channel Run would be the same. I was just wondering if this would be a good snapshot to do??

Lawndart