Author Topic: Beta Allison Sounds  (Read 2084 times)

Offline TwinBoom

• Gold Member
      • 39th FS "Cobra In The Clouds"
Beta Allison Sounds
« on: April 23, 2011, 10:15:59 AM »
Hey guys here are some BETA sounds for the Allison eng planes
I wasn't qite happy with my current one`s
Please give me some feedback on which of 2 Single Engine Allison you like better
Beta 1
http://www.mediafire.com/file/p0aa73hsh1uaato/eng40mild.wav

Beat 2
http://www.mediafire.com/file/xt1r9w8z2wu9u5f/eng40deep.wav

Secondly here is the new Beta Twin Allison eng sound
http://www.mediafire.com/file/9zdvaucef9kaec7/eng38.wav

And please give some feedback I`m really stuck on the Single Allison sound
1 has more of an internal sound blended in
and 2 has more of an external sound blended in

Thank You in advance..................TB :salute
TBs Sounds 
39th FS "Cobra In The Clouds"NOSEART

Offline The Fugitive

• Plutonium Member
      • Fugi's Aces Help
Re: Beta Allison Sounds
« Reply #1 on: April 23, 2011, 10:38:09 AM »
I like Beta2 better. To me the 1st one sounds too "tinny" and you can't really hear the "wind" sound that I can hear in the second one.

The Twin one sounds pretty nice too.  :D

Offline TwinBoom

• Gold Member
« Reply #2 on: April 23, 2011, 10:46:36 AM »
ty Joe
heres the vid i was trying to emulate
im liking 2 better as well
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EJQThtB1YTI&feature=channel_video_title
TBs Sounds 

Offline EskimoJoe

• Platinum Member
« Reply #3 on: April 23, 2011, 06:38:11 PM »
My main dislike about the second engine sound is I can hear a definitive loop.
Heck, that's really my only 'beef' with it.

The third  sound feels like I'm sitting in front of a C-130 on the ramp.

I definitely do like the first one, but it does feel a little weak.
Put a +1 on your geekness atribute  :aok

Offline TwinBoom

• Gold Member
« Reply #4 on: April 23, 2011, 07:41:42 PM »
third is for the 38 ty for feedback
TBs Sounds 

Offline hlbly

• Persona Non Grata
  • Silver Member
« Reply #5 on: April 23, 2011, 08:58:53 PM »
Twin I like the 2nd one best . I listened to it with all DSP off and the way I have DSP set in game . It sounded  the best and most accurate IMHO . I have a question about the 38 sound . I have only heard a 38 live 3 times in my life all were of J model . They had a high pitch whine to them that just really clicked with me . I noticed the one time I saw a Warhawk it lacked it . It was one armed with 6 .50's I think it was a K but I don't remember exactly  . I know it wasn't the L because that was the one I was hoping to see . It did not have the whine . I assumed it was the turbos making the difference . Anyway I did not hear it in your 38 beta sound  . Do you hear the whine I am talking about ? Do you plan on adding it ? Love your work bro . I have been running it since I found out about sound packs . I tried ll of them I prefer yours . I only make one change . Moot has a sound for the German Mk. 108 that matches R.O.F. The 38 sound is really good though I can clearly hear that it is two different engines going now , very nice attention to detail .
Here is a link that you can hear it in . It is subtle but there .

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pHpTApH7Uuk
« Last Edit: April 23, 2011, 09:11:25 PM by hlbly »

Offline TwinBoom

• Gold Member
« Reply #6 on: April 24, 2011, 07:20:53 PM »
Twin I like the 2nd one best . I listened to it with all DSP off and the way I have DSP set in game . It sounded  the best and most accurate IMHO . I have a question about the 38 sound . I have only heard a 38 live 3 times in my life all were of J model . They had a high pitch whine to them that just really clicked with me . I noticed the one time I saw a Warhawk it lacked it . It was one armed with 6 .50's I think it was a K but I don't remember exactly  . I know it wasn't the L because that was the one I was hoping to see . It did not have the whine . I assumed it was the turbos making the difference . Anyway I did not hear it in your 38 beta sound  . Do you hear the whine I am talking about ? Do you plan on adding it ? Love your work bro . I have been running it since I found out about sound packs . I tried ll of them I prefer yours . I only make one change . Moot has a sound for the German Mk. 108 that matches R.O.F. The 38 sound is really good though I can clearly hear that it is two different engines going now , very nice attention to detail .
Here is a link that you can hear it in . It is subtle but there .

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pHpTApH7Uuk

Its there I turned it down some
here it is with more turbo
http://www.mediafire.com/file/4gpjsgws9nas5le/38extraturbo.wav
« Last Edit: April 24, 2011, 07:28:30 PM by TwinBoom »
TBs Sounds 

Offline olds442

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
« Reply #7 on: April 25, 2011, 10:11:10 AM »
i like all the eng sounds, but i was hoping that this was diffrent start up and shut down sounds not to be mean but they don't sound right to me <S>
only a moron would use Dolby positioning in a game.
IGN: cutlass "shovels and rakes and implements of destruction"

Offline 321BAR

• Platinum Member
« Reply #8 on: April 26, 2011, 07:16:52 AM »
sounding good twin! <S> :aok
I am in need of a new epic quote
Happy Jack's Go Buggy

Offline TwinBoom

• Gold Member
« Reply #9 on: April 26, 2011, 05:48:47 PM »
TBs Sounds 

Offline hlbly

• Persona Non Grata
  • Silver Member
« Reply #10 on: April 30, 2011, 06:36:04 PM »
Its there I turned it down some
here it is with more turbo
http://www.mediafire.com/file/4gpjsgws9nas5le/38extraturbo.wav
Oh yeah that's the one . Very Sweet . Very much looking forward to your next pack . Man thanks for all the hard work you do . It isn't enough but it is heartfelt .

Offline hlbly

• Persona Non Grata
  • Silver Member
« Reply #11 on: April 30, 2011, 06:38:38 PM »
i like all the eng sounds, but i was hoping that this was diffrent start up and shut down sounds not to be mean but they don't sound right to me <S>
Got to disagree . Only thing I see is not perfect , is that the engines start, and shut down at same time . I think I will figure out how to do them individually before I swear to that too .

Offline clerick

• Silver Member
« Reply #12 on: May 02, 2011, 03:51:31 AM »
I like the second P40 sound better than the first and I prefer the 38 sound with LESS whine after listening to the cockpit noise in Jeff Ethell's video (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JGulFQRdFbE).

Tweaks I would suggest and why:

Your 2nd P40 is a great start but I suspect that the video you cited as a reference has poor quality audio, either due to compression for youtube or a mediocre mic, and is artificially accentuating the highs while filtering out the lows.  I would be interested in a file that dulls the higher pitches just a bit while bringing in the very low end more.  It's like music, you go to a symphony and there is bass present that you almost feel more than hear.  I know that we have limited audio capability here but, it would be fun to experiment with it and see if it's possible to recreate or at least emulate somehow.

The 38 sound is good too, the one with less turbo-whine.  I might even go a bit less.  I think that the amount of whine that you would hear in the cockpit would be far less then what you might hear standing outside as an observer. There is a point in that video i posted where you can hear the wind noise really well but when it's gone there is only the faintest hint of a turbo whine, you could even argue that it isn't really perceptible unless you are listening for it.  Also, just like with the P40, I would like to hear more low frequencies. Not loud in either case because I think there just need to be a hint.  I don't think that you could go too low either, unless you have already reached the limits of the audio processing.

Please keep it up!

Offline SmokinLoon

• Platinum Member
« Reply #13 on: May 06, 2011, 09:55:43 PM »
all I can say is....

:aok
Proud grandson of the late Lt. Col. Darrell M. "Bud" Gray, USAF (ret.), B24D pilot, 5th BG/72nd BS. 28 combat missions within the "slot", PTO.

Offline Drano

• Platinum Member
« Reply #14 on: May 07, 2011, 12:49:16 PM »
Have swapped your less turbo 38 sound for what I had. Really like this one best of all I've tried. Thanks for taking the time.

"Drano"
80th FS "Headhunters"

S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning In A Bottle)

FSO flying with the 412th Friday Night Volunteer Group