Author Topic: New Version  (Read 7672 times)

Offline jay

• Silver Member
Re: New Version
« Reply #180 on: April 26, 2011, 06:19:46 AM »
i like the new update and all but i was very upset at the new gv'ing interface,its aimed towards the more gv crippled people and plus its damn retarded only thing im good at in AH and they ruin it  :bhead
 :bhead
"He who makes a beast of himself Gets rid of the pain of being a man." Dr.Johnson

Offline TUK

• Silver Member
      • 13MPG
« Reply #181 on: April 26, 2011, 06:22:27 AM »
Well the issue is the arena cap prevents friends from playing and we do switch arenas to play together.  So moot point on your part.

Now to other problems....played at 7 CST now at 10CST get on and all controllers have lost their x,y,z axis.  Go to reset and only allows Radio1.  Logged off and back on was able to set the throttle, but then to joystick and now back to only radio1.  Opps, now look throttle has lost its mapping as well....so i guess we were meant to play with keyboard and mouse then?  Again lost of issues with this update....not many good.

Respectfully
Turk
I'm having the exact same problems as this guy... :bhead
CO WD40 (FSO)
Death From Above (DFA) - Main Arena

Offline capera

• Copper Member
« Reply #182 on: April 26, 2011, 06:23:50 AM »

Offline capera

• Copper Member
« Reply #183 on: April 26, 2011, 06:29:35 AM »

I don't get it....where is the beta arena and the loyal game testers who provide feedback.  I appreciate the work that went into it but don't you think it wise to have people try it first to get a feedback for possible game play issues before making all your paying customers change everything they know?  

Well said Turk...

Offline jolly22

• Silver Member
« Reply #184 on: April 26, 2011, 06:44:26 AM »
2 minor issues:

1. MJSmoke jumped into a field gun last night and couldnt get out. Everyone else could though...not sure what happened there, but e had to redownload the whole game.
2. I miss the zoom in the tank gun, I would really like that have that back please.

3./JG 53 cheerleader - Battle Over The Winter Line - FLY AXIS - JRjolly

Offline RTHolmes

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #185 on: April 26, 2011, 06:52:17 AM »
2. I miss the zoom in the tank gun, I would really like that have that back please.

-1 that was really gamey, the new sights are an excellent historically accurate addition, and cleary illustrate why some tanks were more feared than others IRL. In the same way as correctly modelled ballistics and traverse rates for the different guns and rounds are. :aok
71 (Eagle) Squadron

What most of us want to do is simply shoot stuff and look good doing it - Chilli

Offline 321BAR

• Platinum Member
« Reply #186 on: April 26, 2011, 07:03:04 AM »
I wonder how long before ghi calls it quits after this update?  :rofl

ack-ack
i was thinking the same :lol

HTC. great update. now just gimme my M-18 :(
I am in need of a new epic quote
Happy Jack's Go Buggy

Offline Vinkman

• Gold Member
« Reply #187 on: April 26, 2011, 08:40:57 AM »
I'll revise my statement quite a bit.  I do understand that they work hard to deliver a quality product.  I do understand that they try their best and have a vision that most of us do not know.  But, this is a HUGE change.  Despite what the change notes said, I had to re-do most of the key mappings I had, I had to recalibrate everything, using guns now is going to take a LOT of re-learning both from stationary and GV guns, I have not been able to figure out, or perhaps it's not possible, to drive a GV like I used to using my joystick.

I still think this is the greatest Air combat game around, but this last patch, really had me scratching my head.

Set one hat switch as Accelerate, decelerate, turn left and turn right. This lets me drive the vehicle with my left thum on one of the hat switches on my throttle. I then work the gun with teh Flight stick.

So easy
Who is John Galt?

Offline Vinkman

• Gold Member
« Reply #188 on: April 26, 2011, 09:06:12 AM »
The changes to teh GVs worked just fine for me. I had no problem operting anything and it looked great.

I thought the view system was different from the gun system. I was in a t-34 last night to check it out, and when in the commander position, my Track IR didn't work. To look around I had to use the joystick and the gun followed. Am I suposed to be able to look around without the gun turning? Pyro implied you were suposed to be able to look around without the gun following. Did I miss-understand?

:salute

Thanks.
Who is John Galt?

Offline moot

• Plutonium Member
      • http://www.dasmuppets.com
« Reply #189 on: April 26, 2011, 09:19:14 AM »
Use pintle gun position to look around w/out moving turret.
Hello ant
running very fast
I squish you

Offline RTHolmes

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #190 on: April 26, 2011, 09:19:59 AM »
... or the hatswitch views as usual :)
71 (Eagle) Squadron

What most of us want to do is simply shoot stuff and look good doing it - Chilli

Offline JUGgler

• Persona Non Grata
  • Silver Member
« Reply #191 on: April 26, 2011, 09:47:23 AM »
You'd be surprised what a few people in this game can do in a JU88.

:aok  You are correct, F3 view is what makes it possible!

Hell remove F3 from any plane with "fixed FWD firing guns"   :aok   simple fix

JUGgler
Army of Muppets

Offline Yeager

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #192 on: April 26, 2011, 09:57:15 AM »
Remove F3 entirely from MA game play. 
"If someone flips you the bird and you don't know it, does it still count?" - SLIMpkns

Offline MajWoody

• Gold Member
« Reply #193 on: April 26, 2011, 10:34:00 AM »
Still no film viewer fix?   ---> :bhead
Lets keep the stupid to a minimum.
Old Age and Treachery, will overcome youth and skill EVERYTIME

Offline Bino

• Platinum Member
« Reply #194 on: April 26, 2011, 11:17:35 AM »
Thanks for the update, HTC.   I really like the new Ground Vehicle changes.  :aok

Let us know if we can help you to iron out the bugs.   :salute

"The plural of 'anecdote' is not 'data'." - Randy Pausch

PC Specs