Author Topic: New Version  (Read 7892 times)

Offline PFactorDave

• Platinum Member
Re: New Version
« Reply #135 on: April 25, 2011, 08:06:04 PM »
JU-88?

You'd be surprised what a few people in this game can do in a JU88.

1st Lieutenant
FSO Liaison Officer
Rolling Thunder

Offline MarineUS

• Gold Member
      • Imperial Legion
« Reply #136 on: April 25, 2011, 08:08:36 PM »
:D

Thank you HiTech Creations! (The whole group).

You guys are doing awesome :)

:salute
Like, ya know, when that thing that makes you move, it has pistons and things, When your thingamajigy is providing power, you do not hear other peoples thingamajig when they are providing power.

HiTech

Offline MachFly

• Platinum Member
« Reply #137 on: April 25, 2011, 08:09:15 PM »
What does this mean in the updates?

Added an optional new voice compressor that can be selected on the host for trials.
"Now, if I had to make the choice of one fighter aircraft above all the others...it would be, without any doubt, the world's greatest propeller driven flying machine - the magnificent and immortal Spitfire."
Lt. Col. William R. Dunn
flew Spitfires, Hurricanes, P-51s, P-47s, and F-4s

Offline trwagner1

• Zinc Member
« Reply #138 on: April 25, 2011, 08:11:42 PM »
I won't hold back... the new version bites... sorry, bites big time.  All new controls to learn, several bugs with aircraft, including the new A6 and the stupid smoke trails on the lancs.... put it back the way it was please.
Retired from flying for now

Offline kvuo75

• Gold Member
« Reply #139 on: April 25, 2011, 08:13:20 PM »
All new controls to learn

oh the humanity!
kvuo75

Kill the manned ack.

Offline trwagner1

• Zinc Member
« Reply #140 on: April 25, 2011, 08:20:52 PM »
I won't hold back... the new version bites... sorry, bites big time.  All new controls to learn, several bugs with aircraft, including the new A6 and the stupid smoke trails on the lancs.... put it back the way it was please.

I'll revise my statement quite a bit.  I do understand that they work hard to deliver a quality product.  I do understand that they try their best and have a vision that most of us do not know.  But, this is a HUGE change.  Despite what the change notes said, I had to re-do most of the key mappings I had, I had to recalibrate everything, using guns now is going to take a LOT of re-learning both from stationary and GV guns, I have not been able to figure out, or perhaps it's not possible, to drive a GV like I used to using my joystick.

I still think this is the greatest Air combat game around, but this last patch, really had me scratching my head.
Retired from flying for now

Offline surfinn

• Nickel Member
« Reply #141 on: April 25, 2011, 08:36:23 PM »
From a customer point of view. If its not broke don't fix it applies here. Give the customer the chance to at least vote on major changes like this. I really cant stand the new gv system. Very few gvers in the game that I've spoken to like the changes, we would have rather had the tank flipped by a bush problem fixed than this major change. Not happy about uber tiger guys getting an even bigger leg up now either.  So many probs with this new system I wont waste time pointing them out everyone who plays should know them already.

Ps. uber tiger guys: sitting on concrete at base shooting incoming tanks from d5000 or greater.

Offline StokesAk

• Gold Member
« Reply #142 on: April 25, 2011, 08:39:04 PM »
Quote from: surfinn
Ps. uber tiger guys: sitting on concrete at base shooting incoming tanks from d5000 or greater.

That is because it is historically accurate. The spit16 has an amazing climb rate and kills me every other sortie, but it is historically accurate.

That is why the tiger is perked.
Strokes

Offline Turk

• Zinc Member
« Reply #143 on: April 25, 2011, 08:42:30 PM »
Ok first off one of the fun things about AH was the fact that it was realistic.....now need to get an M1A1 abrams manual to understand the HUD for a tank.  LVT gun site goes no further than 850 yds will not zoom with c,v keys.  LVT quit moving for no reason while i had set the shift W key it just stopped with no key or control input.  new tank options with fixed site no zoom make it almost impossible to site in, so do we shoot from the top where the hud is and search for a target there then jump in site and hope we can see it?

I don't get it....where is the beta arena and the loyal game testers who provide feedback.  I appreciate the work that went into it but don't you think it wise to have people try it first to get a feedback for possible game play issues before making all your paying customers change everything they know?  Having played games since chuck yeagers flight sims i have seen them get more complicated than they are worth playing.

Respectfully
Turk

Offline ghi

• Gold Member
« Reply #144 on: April 25, 2011, 08:52:36 PM »

Offline Forker

• Copper Member
« Reply #145 on: April 25, 2011, 08:53:42 PM »
It downloaded for me in 8 min 31 sec.........

What about this QUOTE: "The Il-2 has been switched to an attack plane only.  You can no longer use external view in it or log bomber sorties." ghi aint' gona like this....LOL

<S> Forker
Lord, help me to be the kind of man my dog thinks I am.

Offline Dichotomy

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #146 on: April 25, 2011, 08:55:51 PM »
Stuff happens guys.  At least they're trying to improve the game instead of sticking with the SOS.  

For the record (gmail sent update below)

Having to right click and start as an admin in W7 is a bit of a PITA but I'll live.

Went into ava tonight and my sight wouldn't center (it stuck about 15 degrees down) TIR left, right, up, down, etc inputs were accepted.  Logged off and back on and got that sorted.  Offline skins are working, in game they're not, new zeke doesn't respond to roll input, and I don't do the whole GV thing so I can't comment on it.  

My thoughts are let them know what you guys are seeing and let em fix it.  I have plenty of faith in the folks at HTC to sort out the stuff that isn't working.  It may take a day or two but that's nothing in my book.

I'm going to try a C47 online in a minute.  If I have problems I'll update
JG11 - Dicho37Only The Proud Only The Strong AH Players who've passed on :salute

Offline Plazus

• Gold Member
« Reply #147 on: April 25, 2011, 08:56:38 PM »
Plazus
80th FS "Headhunters"

Axis vs Allies

Offline Dichotomy

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #148 on: April 25, 2011, 08:57:10 PM »
  .. i want my F3 mode Il2! :mad: :cry :mad:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xeS4BCI6SBg&feature=related :mad: :mad: :bhead  :mad:
:rofl :rofl

hope I'm laughing with you and not at you sir :)
JG11 - Dicho37Only The Proud Only The Strong AH Players who've passed on :salute

Offline MachFly

• Platinum Member
« Reply #149 on: April 25, 2011, 08:58:16 PM »
 .. i want my F3 mode Il2! :mad: :cry :mad:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xeS4BCI6SBg&feature=related :mad: :mad: :bhead  :mad:

Hitech --->  :devil

:rofl

Question for you, did you ever shoot down HiTech in your Il-2? If so that explains it.
"Now, if I had to make the choice of one fighter aircraft above all the others...it would be, without any doubt, the world's greatest propeller driven flying machine - the magnificent and immortal Spitfire."
Lt. Col. William R. Dunn
flew Spitfires, Hurricanes, P-51s, P-47s, and F-4s