Author Topic: New Version  (Read 7688 times)

Offline RTHolmes

• Plutonium Member
Re: New Version
« Reply #150 on: April 25, 2011, 08:58:59 PM »
 :rofl
71 (Eagle) Squadron

What most of us want to do is simply shoot stuff and look good doing it - Chilli

Offline Reaper90

• Gold Member
« Reply #151 on: April 25, 2011, 09:02:17 PM »
:rofl :rofl

hope I'm laughing with you and not at you sir :)

Best change to this game EVAR!!! Doing away with the XBOX arcade game CRAP F3 mode BS... you wanna game and not fly from the cockpit, the DA is waiting.... BUH BYE!!!!!

:aok :aok :aok HiTech!!
Floyd
'Murican dude in a Brit Squad flying Russian birds, drinking Canadian whiskey

Offline RTHolmes

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #152 on: April 25, 2011, 09:05:32 PM »
and after I finally managed to work out how to defeat the neg-ghi maneuver too :rolleyes:
71 (Eagle) Squadron

What most of us want to do is simply shoot stuff and look good doing it - Chilli

Offline harpermc

• Zinc Member
« Reply #153 on: April 25, 2011, 09:11:30 PM »
Dear Sir,

I enjoy this Sim very much and i understand there are problems with new patches etc.... but wtf. The game has come a long way.
I'm with Turk on this one, why am i paying to be a test monkey?! Yes that's my own fault for playing for 6 years. i would be happy and I'm sure many others that play this game would enjoy and welcome the option to have the old controls and the new controls; basically let the people who pay you have a choice on something like this. what's the point of having a joystick and rudders if you can only use it half the time?

I like everyone else from time to time have a gripe, but this is out of control. I've never had a problem with support and welcome new ideas and changes from Hi Tech creation. But I don't think you'll be getting my $15 a month to be a test monkey much longer. at least try testing on a small scale before a full release?

also the eny thing works about 2% of the time but it's total crap. log on in an evening and look at the two arenas. all bish and knit in one arena rooks in the other, and each arena is being "horded" like it was years ago. i don't like paying to fly c205's everyday because of eny. i can see it if the cap eny would be 10, but 25 almost everyday?! Before one wise guy says "switch arenas";I pay to play with my friends and have a good time and if my friends are in one arena that's where I'll be.

I'm sure there will be a solution as there always is, and i will give it time. but i don't think i am going to give it much more time.

Respectfully     -Harp

Offline kvuo75

• Gold Member
« Reply #154 on: April 25, 2011, 09:16:04 PM »
cool. cap/eny whine for good measure!

btw turk.. realistic? every tank had the same gun sight. That was realistic?
kvuo75

Kill the manned ack.

Offline The Fugitive

• Plutonium Member
      • Fugi's Aces Help
« Reply #155 on: April 25, 2011, 09:19:50 PM »
Dear Sir,

I enjoy this Sim very much and i understand there are problems with new patches etc.... but wtf. The game has come a long way.
I'm with Turk on this one, why am i paying to be a test monkey?! Yes that's my own fault for playing for 6 years. i would be happy and I'm sure many others that play this game would enjoy and welcome the option to have the old controls and the new controls; basically let the people who pay you have a choice on something like this. what's the point of having a joystick and rudders if you can only use it half the time?

I like everyone else from time to time have a gripe, but this is out of control. I've never had a problem with support and welcome new ideas and changes from Hi Tech creation. But I don't think you'll be getting my $15 a month to be a test monkey much longer. at least try testing on a small scale before a full release?

also the eny thing works about 2% of the time but it's total crap. log on in an evening and look at the two arenas. all bish and knit in one arena rooks in the other, and each arena is being "horded" like it was years ago. i don't like paying to fly c205's everyday because of eny. i can see it if the cap eny would be 10, but 25 almost everyday?! Before one wise guy says "switch arenas";I pay to play with my friends and have a good time and if my friends are in one arena that's where I'll be.

I'm sure there will be a solution as there always is, and i will give it time. but i don't think i am going to give it much more time.

Respectfully     -Harp

See Ya !

holy cow what a bunch of cry  babies !

Offline Dichotomy

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #156 on: April 25, 2011, 09:27:59 PM »
Goon flies okay but now TIR won't recenter. 

Ahhh well.. $16.03 it's pretty much fixed by the time I get off work tomorrow. 
JG11 - Dicho37Only The Proud Only The Strong AH Players who've passed on :salute

Offline RTHolmes

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #157 on: April 25, 2011, 09:28:12 PM »
well if you throw a completely new (and fairly unresolved) control system as well as a bunch of other bugs at users all at the same time what do you expect ...

waaay too much stuff in this update to test thoroughly before release imo.
71 (Eagle) Squadron

Offline trwagner1

• Zinc Member
« Reply #158 on: April 25, 2011, 09:30:20 PM »
Stuff happens guys.  At least they're trying to improve the game instead of sticking with the SOS.  

For the record (gmail sent update below)

Having to right click and start as an admin in W7 is a bit of a PITA but I'll live.

Went into ava tonight and my sight wouldn't center (it stuck about 15 degrees down) TIR left, right, up, down, etc inputs were accepted.  Logged off and back on and got that sorted.  Offline skins are working, in game they're not, new zeke doesn't respond to roll input, and I don't do the whole GV thing so I can't comment on it.  

My thoughts are let them know what you guys are seeing and let em fix it.  I have plenty of faith in the folks at HTC to sort out the stuff that isn't working.  It may take a day or two but that's nothing in my book.

I'm going to try a C47 online in a minute.  If I have problems I'll update

Sorry my friend, it was just fine the way it was... it wasn't a matter of fixing "SOS".  Make improvements, fix breaks, etc... Ok, I'm all for it......

but don't change the controls!  I've wasted 2 hours trying to figure out how to fix my controls... I can't in a GV, the guns are next to impossible to shoot...... I'm a freakin noob now.  
Retired from flying for now

Offline trwagner1

• Zinc Member
« Reply #159 on: April 25, 2011, 09:32:17 PM »
Dear Sir,

I'm with Turk on this one, why am i paying to be a test monkey?!

I guess you said it well..  $15 a month or not, why am I paying to be a test monkey?  Wouldn't have put it that way, but fits.
Retired from flying for now

Offline The Fugitive

• Plutonium Member
      • Fugi's Aces Help
« Reply #160 on: April 25, 2011, 09:34:40 PM »
I'm sure they tested in house before the release, as well as having a number of players doing some testing for them, but even so there must be THOUSANDS of computer combination out there. How can anyone be ready for ALL of them? Everyone just needs to take a step back and give them a couple of days to get the bugs worked out.

Sorry my friend, it was just fine the way it was... it wasn't a matter of fixing "SOS".  Make improvements, fix breaks, etc... Ok, I'm all for it......

but don't change the controls!  I've wasted 2 hours trying to figure out how to fix my controls... I can't in a GV, the guns are next to impossible to shoot...... I'm a freakin noob now.  

OHHH MY GOD!!!! You have to learn something new???? Might as well go out and shoot yourself now!

I guess you said it well..  $15 a month or not, why am I paying to be a test monkey?  Wouldn't have put it that way, but fits.

Well take your $15 and go have a pizza. Eat slow so it last the whole month.  LOL!!!!

There has GOT to be a cartoon in all this!

Offline SirLoin

• Platinum Member
« Reply #161 on: April 25, 2011, 09:36:38 PM »
I wonder how long before ghi calls it quits after this update?  :rofl

ack-ack

He just wont get to see him nail yer arse in external ..
**JOKER'S JOKERS**

Offline gyrene81

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #162 on: April 25, 2011, 09:37:38 PM »
Dear Sir,

ever buy a computer game from any of the big game developers that was perfect out of the box? nope...and the patches usually take several months to get out...you're a "test monkey even" with the operating system you're running on that computer you're using...didn't think about that did you?

in 60 days the changes will be a memory and everyone will be having fun whining about other things...give it time.

Respectfully     -Harp
if you're so called friends aren't willing to switch with you...then they aren't very good friends are they? and it's not a matter of they shouldn't have to, it's a matter of they will if they feel the same way you do.

in the mean time have one of these and relax
http://aimfundraising.com/candy/images/lollipops/lollipop-fundraiser.jpg
jarhed  
Build a man a fire and he'll be warm for a day...
Set a man on fire and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. - Terry Pratchett

Offline kvuo75

• Gold Member
« Reply #163 on: April 25, 2011, 09:39:23 PM »
I'm a freakin noob now.  

if knowing the controls was all it took, you were always a noob.
kvuo75

Kill the manned ack.

Offline SHawk

• Silver Member
« Reply #164 on: April 25, 2011, 09:42:02 PM »

I don't get it....where is the beta arena and the loyal game testers who provide feedback.  I appreciate the work that went into it but don't you think it wise to have people try it first to get a feedback for possible game play issues before making all your paying customers change everything they know?

Spot On!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gXLZeL59gfc&NR=1&feature=fvwp <<--My Favorite Band

If it takes full power to taxi to the hanger, your gear is probably up.