Author Topic: A6M3 aileron lockup?  (Read 257 times)

Offline Krusty

• Radioactive Member
A6M3 aileron lockup?
« on: April 25, 2011, 07:27:39 PM »
Offline been testing out the Model 22. Noticed something really odd... With and without combat trim, you can roll pretty well either way until you pull up in a sudden burst. Maybe it's a cross control problem or maybe it's some funky G-meter spike bug, but the end result is you are unable to roll ailerons for about 2 seconds after you do this. It feels like you're doing 500mph and are locked up due to compression. However my tests were below 150mph.

I tested it getting up a bit of speed as well, 250 or so and got the same thing. Haul back on the stick just a tad, not even enough to change direction, then let go and you can't roll either way. Looking left at my aileron it wasn't deflecting at all. Then as it came back the aileron slowly moved into the upward deflected range. Then like a scaling curve rapidly returned to normal.

Repeatable every time.

EDIT: For clarification, I wasn't blacking out, I wasn't stressing, no creaking sounds or fuselage moans. Note, however, it did look like the G-meter was spiking pretty high (about 7Gs) for almost no movement or inputs. Tests done at 50% fuel.

Offline Pyro

• Administrator
  • Administrator
      • http://www.hitechcreations.com
Re: A6M3 aileron lockup?
« Reply #1 on: April 25, 2011, 07:36:29 PM »
It's not taking aileron inputs below 180.  The binary builder misinterpreted some data.  We'll have it fixed tomorrow.

Offline badhorse

• Silver Member
Re: A6M3 aileron lockup?
« Reply #2 on: April 25, 2011, 08:22:03 PM »
Thanks Pryo. You just saved me writing up a bug. I must have recalibrated my joystick 5 times trying to get that new Zeke to turn.
 :joystick:
Always try and be the person your dog thinks you are.