Author Topic: Any Other Ideas???  (Read 924 times)

Offline StrtDoc

• Zinc Member
Any Other Ideas???
« on: April 25, 2011, 10:04:34 PM »
I would like to start by saying that I am glad most people are able to get on and play this game. I would also like to say that I am not one of them. The following is from my post in another topic.....

Okay, I had started another post for this, but I will continue on this one.
I tried "run as administrator"....didn't work for me.
I tried reinstalling entire game....didn't work for me.
I tried renaming ahlogo.....didn't work for me.
[EDIT] I have also tried downloading and installing the ahlogo patch and nothing, same logo screen and clipboard come up, then when I click any of the options, crash to desktop!!!
Can't get into online OR offline arena...getting seriously PO'ed right now.
I am running Windows Vista Home Premium - 64bit.

So, since I seem to be one of the last people NOT able to get on with any of the above suggestions, I figured I would start a new post to see if anyone has any new ideas.

Offline lyric1

• Skinner Team
  • Plutonium Member
Re: Any Other Ideas???
« Reply #1 on: April 25, 2011, 10:07:22 PM »

Offline StrtDoc

• Zinc Member
« Reply #2 on: April 25, 2011, 10:12:44 PM »
NOT for me it didn't...That is why I have started this topic!!! READ the post!!!
Quote from: StrtDoc
I would like to start by saying that I am glad most people are able to get on and play this game. I would also like to say that I am not one of them.

Offline Plazus

• Gold Member
« Reply #3 on: April 25, 2011, 10:14:10 PM »
Delete the AH logo in the Hitech Creations file directory on your computer. Worked right off the bat for me.
Plazus
80th FS "Headhunters"

Axis vs Allies

Offline StrtDoc

• Zinc Member
« Reply #4 on: April 25, 2011, 10:15:52 PM »
I appreciate the quick responses, I really do....

but as I have said, I have tried all the "fixes" posted today for the last 7 hours and they haven't worked for me. I am looking for NEW ideas.

:salute
[EDIT] Here is a picture of what I am getting when I load.

« Last Edit: April 25, 2011, 10:24:33 PM by StrtDoc »

Offline gyrene81

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #5 on: April 25, 2011, 10:23:11 PM »
did you install the game to c:\hitech creations\aces high  or somewhere else?

[EDIT] I have also tried downloading and installing the ahlogo patch and nothing, same logo screen and clipboard come up, then when I click any of the options, crash to desktop!!!
you appear to be having a different problem than the game not starting at all now...since it is opening to the start screen.

when you uninstalled, did you manually delete the old directory before reinstalling?

when you reinstalled, did you double check your firewall to make sure ah was allowed as an exception? has to be re done when you uninstall/reinstall

when you reinstalled, did you try starting the game with nothing but the ahlogo file replaced? (everything else full default)

there is another file that can cause a crash to desktop but i can't remember what it is or where in the aces high directory it's located.
jarhed  
Build a man a fire and he'll be warm for a day...
Set a man on fire and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. - Terry Pratchett

Offline StrtDoc

• Zinc Member
« Reply #6 on: April 25, 2011, 10:26:20 PM »
Yes Gyrene, the game is installed at C:\hitech creations\aces high\aceshigh.exe

Offline Bubbajj

• Copper Member
« Reply #7 on: April 26, 2011, 03:05:19 AM »
looks like im having the same problem.

Offline StrtDoc

• Zinc Member
« Reply #8 on: April 26, 2011, 11:38:28 AM »
Well, I would like to recommend restoring the previous version until this update is fixed.  :pray  That would at least give a chance for bugs to be worked out.  I, personally, don't mind waiting for new GV controls or planes if it means that they will work.   :lol

Offline Scca

• Gold Member
« Reply #9 on: April 26, 2011, 01:51:48 PM »
Well, I would like to recommend restoring the previous version until this update is fixed.  :pray  That would at least give a chance for bugs to be worked out.  I, personally, don't mind waiting for new GV controls or planes if it means that they will work.   :lol

Won't work.  When a new version/patch comes out, you are forced to "upgrade" to the latest version...
Flying as AkMeathd - CO Arabian Knights
Working on my bbs cred one post at a time

http://www.arabian-knights.org

Offline Skuzzy

• Support Member
  • Administrator
      • HiTech Creations Home Page
« Reply #10 on: April 26, 2011, 02:02:05 PM »
A re-install of the game may not fix the problem.  If any corruption of a config file in the games "settings" folder occurs, then the only way to fix it is to either rename the "settings" folder, or manually delete the "settings" folder.

Also note, the problem could be firewall related, and/or anti-xxx related (Norton users beware!).
Roy "Skuzzy" Neese
support@hitechcreations.com

Offline pigface

• Nickel Member
      • Home Systems Integration
« Reply #11 on: April 26, 2011, 11:41:02 PM »
I am running Windows Vista Home Premium - 64bit.

yeesh... Id start there. Get Win7
People who like this sort of thing, find this the sort of thig they like.

Offline StrtDoc

• Zinc Member
« Reply #12 on: April 27, 2011, 12:08:14 AM »
Would love to, but unless someone wants to take up a collection, it's not in the cards right now.

Offline Bubbajj

• Copper Member
« Reply #13 on: April 27, 2011, 02:38:04 AM »
Both of my machines are win 7. Got it to work just fine on my AMD machine and I had to fight and beg to get it to work on my Intel machine. Haven't had time to mess with it so I'm not able to tell how the control settings are working.

Offline pigface

• Nickel Member
      • Home Systems Integration
« Reply #14 on: April 27, 2011, 03:16:35 AM »
Would love to, but unless someone wants to take up a collection, it's not in the cards right now.

Would love to help there.. you can DL and install a trial version and see if you like it. After that you can just keep hitting the "Please activate now" till you can get it paid for. You may also be able to get an upgrade.... but thats not your problem now... I just seen so much pain from Vista.
People who like this sort of thing, find this the sort of thig they like.