Author Topic: Kanonenvogel, please...  (Read 407 times)

Offline Zuum

• Gold Member
Kanonenvogel, please...
« on: April 26, 2011, 05:04:49 AM »
Dear HTC,
Would You, please, give us a good addition to battlefield:
Ju-87G
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Junkers_Ju_87#Ju_87_G
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ccOXrfBZoLE
Thas should not be an impossible thing...we have the model already. That would be just another version with other armament.
 :aok
« Last Edit: April 26, 2011, 05:12:08 AM by Zuum »
-Yuri Gagarin was a fool. He travelled three times around the world  and returned to CCCP-

Offline DemonFox

• Copper Member
Re: Kanonenvogel, please...
« Reply #1 on: April 26, 2011, 07:27:26 AM »
I agree that it would be a nice addition and I say +1 it would be nice to have something like the IL-2. BUT the idea that we have the airframe is false because the Stukas modeling is old and they would have to update it before they could modify it to the G model. I still say in place of redoing a plane that we HAVE we should add a new one.
PBY maybe even  :noid

Offline AWwrgwy

• Platinum Member
« Reply #2 on: April 26, 2011, 02:21:40 PM »
Should I say "Search"?

Naaaaaaaaa.

:banana:

wrongway
71 (Eagle) Squadron
"THAT"S PAINT!!"

"If nothing else works, a total pig-headed unwillingness to look facts in the face will see us through."
- General Sir Anthony Cecil Hogmanay

Offline Ack-Ack

• Radioactive Member
      • FlameWarriors
« Reply #3 on: April 26, 2011, 02:37:28 PM »
BUT the idea that we have the airframe is false because the Stukas modeling is old and they would have to update it before they could modify it to the G model.

No, the idea isn't false. Regardless if the Ju 87D-3 model we have needs to be updated to AH2 standards, the airframe is still the same and isn't going to change when it gets eventually updated to AH2 graphic standards.  All that is needed for us to get the G-1 in the game is to allow the ordnance option of selecting the 37mm cannon pods and the D-3 turns into a G-1.

ack-ack
"If Jesus came back as an airplane, he would be a P-38." - WW2 P-38 pilot
Elite Top Aces +1 Mexican Official Squadron Song

Offline Krusty

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #4 on: April 26, 2011, 02:57:28 PM »
I believe it had longer wingtips, ailerons, etc, as well. It would have some differences, probably as many as exist between the A6M2 and the A6M3 (not many, but some to at least make note of)

Offline gyrene81

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #5 on: April 26, 2011, 03:02:01 PM »
I believe it had longer wingtips, ailerons, etc, as well. It would have some differences, probably as many as exist between the A6M2 and the A6M3 (not many, but some to at least make note of)
wasn't that the d-5/g-2 version that had the structural changes?
jarhed  
Build a man a fire and he'll be warm for a day...
Set a man on fire and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. - Terry Pratchett

Offline Krusty

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #6 on: April 26, 2011, 03:17:36 PM »
wasn't that the d-5/g-2 version that had the structural changes?

I wouldn't say "structural" -- because the R-2 had "structural" changes to reinforce it allowing it to pull more Gs, but it looked the same. I would say "external" -- and yes you are right. That would be the most likely candidate, if this bird were added to the game, no? The handful of converted D-3 models were not the most common. The G-2 was most common, if I recall, with 200-300 made. I think (could be wrong) only a couple dozen were converted D models.

Offline Ack-Ack

• Radioactive Member
      • FlameWarriors
« Reply #7 on: April 26, 2011, 07:32:12 PM »
I wouldn't say "structural" -- because the R-2 had "structural" changes to reinforce it allowing it to pull more Gs, but it looked the same. I would say "external" -- and yes you are right. That would be the most likely candidate, if this bird were added to the game, no? The handful of converted D-3 models were not the most common. The G-2 was most common, if I recall, with 200-300 made. I think (could be wrong) only a couple dozen were converted D models.

The handful of converted D-3s to G-2 weren't common or are you saying it was the converted D-3 to G-1s that weren't common?

I agree with the D-3s converted to G-2s as there were only 22 D-3s converted to that type, however, the G-1 was produced in more numbers than the G-5 and all G-1s were converted D-3s.  That's why it would be far easier to get the G-1 added to AH as it literally only requires the addition of the 37mm cannon gun package whereas the G-2 would require modeling a new Stuka model.

ack-ack
"If Jesus came back as an airplane, he would be a P-38." - WW2 P-38 pilot
Elite Top Aces +1 Mexican Official Squadron Song