Author Topic: New Version  (Read 7517 times)

Offline Babalonian

• Platinum Member
      • Pigs on the Wing
Re: New Version
« Reply #195 on: April 26, 2011, 01:32:26 PM »
Thanks for the update and hard work HTC, I know you're all working hard to get the bugs worked out right this moment.

That said, the way some of you ladies are acting, it's like you found a bug in your soup.
-Babalon
"Let's light 'em up and see how they smoke."
POTW IIw Oink! - http://www.PigsOnTheWing.org

Wow, you guys need help.

Offline MarineUS

• Gold Member
      • Imperial Legion
« Reply #196 on: April 26, 2011, 02:17:29 PM »
HTC. great update. now just gimme my M-18 :(
They're holding out, out of spite  :devil

Just to see you keep asking :D
Like, ya know, when that thing that makes you move, it has pistons and things, When your thingamajigy is providing power, you do not hear other peoples thingamajig when they are providing power.

HiTech

Offline jay

• Silver Member
« Reply #197 on: April 26, 2011, 03:20:54 PM »
they messed up the T34 ?!?!?!?
"He who makes a beast of himself Gets rid of the pain of being a man." Dr.Johnson

Offline Babalonian

• Platinum Member
      • Pigs on the Wing
« Reply #198 on: April 26, 2011, 03:41:03 PM »
they messed up the T34 ?!?!?!?

Garson to table #14.
-Babalon
"Let's light 'em up and see how they smoke."
POTW IIw Oink! - http://www.PigsOnTheWing.org

Wow, you guys need help.

Offline Saxman

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #199 on: April 26, 2011, 06:09:10 PM »
Just a curious question: Wouldn't having steering in GVs tied to the A and D keys rather than an analog axis mean your steering is either all or nothing?
Ron White says you can't fix stupid. I beg to differ. Stupid will usually sort itself out, it's just a matter of making sure you're not close enough to become collateral damage.

Offline moot

• Plutonium Member
      • http://www.dasmuppets.com
« Reply #200 on: April 26, 2011, 06:14:33 PM »
What was it like historically?
Hello ant
running very fast
I squish you

Offline RTHolmes

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #201 on: April 26, 2011, 06:30:17 PM »
« Last Edit: April 26, 2011, 06:34:04 PM by RTHolmes »
71 (Eagle) Squadron

What most of us want to do is simply shoot stuff and look good doing it - Chilli

Offline moot

• Plutonium Member
      • http://www.dasmuppets.com
« Reply #202 on: April 26, 2011, 06:32:04 PM »
That's for all tanks?  So at the very least, "analogue" throttle and I/O track brakes?  Or did all of our tanks have "analogue" brakes too?
Hello ant
running very fast
I squish you

Offline RTHolmes

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #203 on: April 26, 2011, 06:35:26 PM »
some like tiger had a wheel, others just an accelerator and differential brakes. all analogue :)
71 (Eagle) Squadron

What most of us want to do is simply shoot stuff and look good doing it - Chilli

Offline SmokinLoon

• Platinum Member
« Reply #204 on: April 26, 2011, 06:39:26 PM »
I guess you said it well..  $15 a month or not, why am I paying to be a test monkey?  Wouldn't have put it that way, but fits.

Wow.  Do you guys have nothing else to worry about in your lives???  HTC is not using us for test beds, lighten up a wee bit.  Hopefully you now know HTC is obviously watching and is fixing things as needed.  Relax a bit.  Unbelievable!    :bhead

Proud grandson of the late Lt. Col. Darrell M. "Bud" Gray, USAF (ret.), B24D pilot, 5th BG/72nd BS. 28 combat missions within the "slot", PTO.

Offline Crash Orange

• Silver Member
« Reply #205 on: April 27, 2011, 01:45:00 AM »
That's for all tanks?  So at the very least, "analogue" throttle and I/O track brakes?  Or did all of our tanks have "analogue" brakes too?

Didn't they?

Offline Crash Orange

• Silver Member
« Reply #206 on: April 27, 2011, 01:59:10 AM »
Set one hat switch as Accelerate, decelerate, turn left and turn right. This lets me drive the vehicle with my left thum on one of the hat switches on my throttle. I then work the gun with teh Flight stick.

If you do that, and press, say, up and to the right, will AH recognize both inputs at the same time - i.e., will it accelerate and turn right? IIRC it recognizes extra hat switches as 4-way rather than 8-way, but will it recognize the diagonal directions as multiple inputs?

All-in-all I like the new system for GVs, there are just some bugs to work out.

Offline BillyD

• Silver Member
      • Das Army of Muppets
« Reply #207 on: April 27, 2011, 02:08:59 AM »
I feel I have the right to say this is the worst patch ever, because since the patch, I haven't been able to get the game to load AT ALL!!  :bhead :furious

I have tried all the so called "fixes", but to no avail. In my 6 years of playing this game, I have never had this problem before. So, this IS officially the worst patch EVER!!  lol

*ARMY OF MUPPETS
*K$
*Hot Soup Mafia
*@#$@#  YO COUCH CREW

Offline Vinkman

• Gold Member
« Reply #208 on: April 27, 2011, 09:21:17 AM »
If you do that, and press, say, up and to the right, will AH recognize both inputs at the same time - i.e., will it accelerate and turn right? IIRC it recognizes extra hat switches as 4-way rather than 8-way, but will it recognize the diagonal directions as multiple inputs?

All-in-all I like the new system for GVs, there are just some bugs to work out.

Yes it will accelerate and turn left if you pull move the hat swtch diagonally. Also for what ever reason, maybe Patch 1, but my TrackIR worked from teh Commander position again. So I could look around without hte gun moving and then move the gun with the joystick. System is fine. I too would prefered if they ADDED steering and acceleration and braking to the pedals as an option, but driving the tank with one hat switch is easy peasy.  :salute

Got in the Panther yesterday and love the new site and how it worked. I don't know if the c,v funtion (elevation change) is assignable through the game interface, but I can map it because I have a programable hat switch, so that was also a piece of cake.

I like it. Great job.  :salute
Who is John Galt?