Author Topic: the farce has lasted long enough...  (Read 6711 times)

Offline B3YT

• Silver Member
Re: the farce has lasted long enough...
« Reply #120 on: May 02, 2011, 04:14:12 PM »
The over the nose is the same as the spit IX and VIII  but it is poor when you compare it to the P38 , hurricane,  P40 , La family  , brewster , 205 , AM6 , niki , so on and so forth . Again small fuel load compared to other fighters .  Any way all those add up to non perkieness , after all some asked for bad points about the spit IXLFe . The gun package is small compared to the P47  or some of the FW190's  and Bf 109's . it wasn't meant as a comparison just to other spitfires , but I did point out where it wasn't as good as other spits  where it did perform better than most aircraft  but fell below other models .

I wanted to show that there were quite a  short falls to it  that means it's not perk worthy .

Personally i prefer the 4 .303 but then i tend to fire when I'm at 200 yards or less .

*psst guppy perking the XII for every one bar yourself  you don't want anyone else flying it surely?*
« Last Edit: May 02, 2011, 04:26:08 PM by B3YT »
As the cleaners say :"once more unto the bleach"

Offline Guppy35

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #121 on: May 02, 2011, 04:35:13 PM »
Well with only 100 Spit XIIs built, can you imagine how fast I'd go through them? :)
Dan/CorkyJr
8th FS "Headhunters

Offline Delirium

• Platinum Member
« Reply #122 on: May 02, 2011, 04:45:10 PM »
I think the biggest reason the Spit16 isn't perked is that we are actually policing ourselves.

How many experienced sticks in AH do you see that fly the Spit16 fulltime? Compare this to the CHog prior to it being perked a long time ago, if the use of the Spit16 becomes a problem like the CHog was, I'm sure HTC will perk it.
Delirium
80th "Headhunters"
Retired AH Trainer (but still teach the P38 selectively)

I found an air leak in my inflatable sheep and plugged the hole! Honest!

Offline B3YT

• Silver Member
« Reply #123 on: May 03, 2011, 09:53:17 AM »
the spit IXLFe isn't a problem at all .  if you can beat a spit IX you can beat the XVI .
As the cleaners say :"once more unto the bleach"

Offline Krusty

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #124 on: May 03, 2011, 10:37:01 AM »
the spit IXLFe isn't a problem at all .  if you can beat a spit IX you can beat the XVI .

I haven't been following this thread, but I popped in to see the last comment. That's as close to a lie as you can get B3yt...

Might as well say "If you can beat a 109E4 you can beat a 109K4"...

http://www.gonzoville.com/ahcharts/index.php?p1=spit16&p2=spit9

Yeah... just like beating a spitIX... only the XVI is 25mph fast... it climbes 1000fpm better, it TURNS TIGHTER... it accelerates better.

So, yeah, except that the XVI is a class or two above in every performance category, it's just like killing a spitIX... sure.

Offline guncrasher

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #125 on: May 03, 2011, 02:37:58 PM »
I haven't been following this thread, but I popped in to see the last comment. That's as close to a lie as you can get B3yt...

Might as well say "If you can beat a 109E4 you can beat a 109K4"...

http://www.gonzoville.com/ahcharts/index.php?p1=spit16&p2=spit9

Yeah... just like beating a spitIX... only the XVI is 25mph fast... it climbes 1000fpm better, it TURNS TIGHTER... it accelerates better.

So, yeah, except that the XVI is a class or two above in every performance category, it's just like killing a spitIX... sure.

if the plane was flying itself, it could probably outperform most other planes, but it doesnt.  it requires a pilot and most spit16 pilots are not that good.

semp
you dont want me to ho, dont point your plane at me.

Offline Noir

• Platinum Member
« Reply #126 on: May 03, 2011, 02:48:14 PM »
if the plane was flying itself, it could probably outperform most other planes, but it doesnt.  it requires a pilot and most spit16 pilots are not that good.

semp

makes my point really
now posting as SirNuke

Offline guncrasher

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #127 on: May 03, 2011, 03:07:57 PM »
makes my point really

then perk the a20's.  since everybody here can fly it like cobia's does.

semp

Offline Noir

• Platinum Member
« Reply #128 on: May 03, 2011, 03:31:48 PM »
then perk the a20's.  since everybody here can fly it like cobia's does.

semp

yes, but A20's would be worthless if they flew itself  :D.

As a sidenote the A20's limit is easily found and I'm not sure cobia ever shot me...but I'm sure I did shot him...long time I didn't see him.
now posting as SirNuke

Offline Guppy35

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #129 on: May 03, 2011, 05:46:29 PM »
makes my point really

You want to perk good pilots in Spit 16s? :)
Dan/CorkyJr
8th FS "Headhunters

Offline Noir

• Platinum Member
« Reply #130 on: May 04, 2011, 02:05:16 AM »
You want to perk good pilots in Spit 16s? :)

Well someone said that planes should be unperked for noobs, wich is an interresting idea.
In case someone someone forgot i want to perk it for 1 (one) perk! That's seems fair for a plane that turns half of the planeset into death traps (read LW planes).
now posting as SirNuke

Offline guncrasher

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #131 on: May 04, 2011, 04:38:12 AM »
Well someone said that planes should be unperked for noobs, wich is an interresting idea.
In case someone someone forgot i want to perk it for 1 (one) perk! That's seems fair for a plane that turns half of the planeset into death traps (read LW planes).

back to square one.  1 perk is a joke.  let's perk the 109-k4  bunnies makes it turn better than the spit16.  let's perk the a20, cobias gets some easy kills in it.  let's perk the yak, it does some really fast turns, good speed and all you need is 1 hit.  let's perk the c205, it will out turn anything at high speed, lots of ammo.  let's perk the spit8  it out turns most of the plane set and has a longer flying time than the spit16.  hell, let's perk the zero's and hurricanes too, they can out turn all the plane set.  wait doesnt the la7 have a similar characteristics as the spit16?  but with more cannon and it's faster?  heck perk it too.  and dont forget the p47-d40 with its zillion rounds of ammo. :bolt:

semp

Offline BnZs

• Platinum Member
« Reply #132 on: May 04, 2011, 05:12:00 AM »
As a 38G driver I know the 51 guys hold all the cards unless they make a mistake.  So be it.  I could argue that the P51 should be perked for your same reasons.  My options then are to fly a better bird, like a 51 or just shoot 51s that make mistakes.

The 38G turns better. Average pilot in the Lightning will force average pilot in the Pony to run or die pretty easily. 38s are a special case as well, because the torquelessness gives them certain advantages over all single engine jobs. So this is just plain (plane) wrong.

And the J and L sustain a better turn rate, AND climb/accell better.

« Last Edit: May 04, 2011, 05:22:09 AM by BnZs »
"Crikey, sir. I'm looking forward to today. Up diddly up, down diddly down, whoops, poop, twiddly dee - decent scrap with the fiendish Red Baron - bit of a jolly old crash landing behind enemy lines - capture, torture, escape, and then back home in time for tea and medals."

Offline BnZs

• Platinum Member
« Reply #133 on: May 04, 2011, 05:15:13 AM »
translation: i cant fight them so perk them.

semp

I'm guessing mg K/D against spits is positive this tour, as it usually is. You look, I can't be bothered.

I KNOW I've out-flown many spit drivers in lesser rides...but this is a matter of utter lack of pilot skill, usually throttle control, on their parts, not plane performance, and is thus unimportant.
"Crikey, sir. I'm looking forward to today. Up diddly up, down diddly down, whoops, poop, twiddly dee - decent scrap with the fiendish Red Baron - bit of a jolly old crash landing behind enemy lines - capture, torture, escape, and then back home in time for tea and medals."

Offline BnZs

• Platinum Member
« Reply #134 on: May 04, 2011, 05:20:51 AM »
  let's perk the c205, it will out turn anything at high speed
semp

Off-topic, but these continual mistaken references to some planes turning better at "high speeds" ignore the basic physics of turn performance. If a C-205 driver and a Spit Driver are pulling blackout at 300mph IAS, their turn radii and rates are exactly the same. Same for a C-205 driver and a Pony, or 109, or a Yak, or whatever. Same G loading, same speed=same rate and radius, and at "high speeds" (above corner speed for both aircraft) the blackout is the limiting factor, a factor which does not vary from plane type to plane type.