Author Topic: the farce has lasted long enough...  (Read 6535 times)

Offline Noir

• Platinum Member
Re: the farce has lasted long enough...
« Reply #15 on: April 27, 2011, 04:39:44 PM »
Joachim and Stormdog (during a furball  :bolt:) in a la7 and p40 respectively kicked my donut !    :eek:

With all respects you are not an equal pilot  :D
now posting as SirNuke

Offline Ack-Ack

• Radioactive Member
      • FlameWarriors
« Reply #16 on: April 27, 2011, 04:40:56 PM »

I fight the planes with their weaknesses, but this one doesn't have any as it is modeled now.

the Spit XIV has many weaknesses, you just have to be skilled enough to take advantage of them.  

Your comment, "as it is modeled now" indicates you feel the flight model is incorrect in some fashion, care to show any data that the flight model is incorrect?

ack-ack
"If Jesus came back as an airplane, he would be a P-38." - WW2 P-38 pilot
Elite Top Aces +1 Mexican Official Squadron Song

Offline B3YT

• Silver Member
« Reply #17 on: April 27, 2011, 04:52:22 PM »
the spit IX Lfe model is perfectly fine.   I  quite enjoyed beating them in a hurricane MkIa when i was online.   It's only slightly faster than the MkIX HF we have and  slower than the MKVIII .   
As the cleaners say :"once more unto the bleach"

Offline jolly22

• Silver Member
« Reply #18 on: April 27, 2011, 04:52:36 PM »
no perk. There wings are wood, rip off sooo easily

3./JG 53 cheerleader - Battle Over The Winter Line - FLY AXIS - JRjolly

Offline Noir

• Platinum Member
« Reply #19 on: April 27, 2011, 05:00:39 PM »
the Spit XIV has many weaknesses, you just have to be skilled enough to take advantage of them.  

Your comment, "as it is modeled now" indicates you feel the flight model is incorrect in some fashion, care to show any data that the flight model is incorrect?

ack-ack

for starters Im talking about the spitXVI

I have doubts that the cliped wings would change the plane THAT much, but with my limited aerodynamics knowledge I have no means to quantify these changes. The answer lies in the airflow coading of the local god. The A6m3 makes an interresting case study.

As a sidenote I believe you're making assumptions about my skills levels, you can test them out anytime.

I'll answer the rest tomorrow, time to sleep!
« Last Edit: April 27, 2011, 05:07:35 PM by Noir »
now posting as SirNuke

Offline MaSonZ

• Gold Member
« Reply #20 on: April 27, 2011, 05:18:52 PM »
Back in my prime i could take a spit 16 most any day, Co-E and alt in an f4u. ive got more rust then the titanic now though, so its different...but the spit 16 is not as "uber" as it appears to be. Any plane can be beaten, exploit its weaknesses and your golden.
"Only the dead have seen the end of war" - Plato
HogDweeb

Offline guncrasher

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #21 on: April 27, 2011, 05:24:26 PM »
I'm a spitdweeb,  nobody here is any dweeber than me.  I'm more cautious flying against the 8 than the 16.  most players think the 16 it's a yak and fly it like that. 

semp
you dont want me to ho, dont point your plane at me.

Offline 5PointOh

• Gold Member
« Reply #22 on: April 27, 2011, 05:25:52 PM »
I have no problem with the 16 costing a perk, as long as anything ENY 9 and down cost a perk or more.
Coprhead
Wings of Terror
Mossie Student Driver

Offline Ack-Ack

• Radioactive Member
      • FlameWarriors
« Reply #23 on: April 27, 2011, 05:49:59 PM »
for starters Im talking about the spitXVI

was a typo on my part, meant the XVI.

I have doubts that the cliped wings would change the plane THAT much, but with my limited aerodynamics knowledge I have no means to quantify these changes. The answer lies in the airflow coading of the local god. The A6m3 makes an interresting case study.

So, you have no proof other than an unqualified assumption on your part because you think it shouldn't fly the way it does.  I understand now.

As a sidenote I believe you're making assumptions about my skills levels, you can test them out anytime.

:rofl Did someone's ego take a little ding? 

ack-ack
« Last Edit: April 27, 2011, 05:57:07 PM by Ack-Ack »

Offline BnZs

• Platinum Member
« Reply #24 on: April 27, 2011, 09:24:52 PM »
I beg to differ...give me an even skilled pilot in a spit 16 and I will fight in my F4U or Fm2...

Neither plane is superior to the Spit16. The F4U-1A has a significantly better top speed and turn radius with flaps, but is not superior in sustained turn rate (usually the important factor), and is vastly inferior in climb, accel, roll rate, to say nothing of gun lethality.

The FM2's situation is even worse. Its advantage is instantaneous turn and turn radius...thats about it. Think about it...a well flown 109 will usually dance on an FM2's head all day long...what do you think the easier to fly, better turning faster rolling, much more heavily armed Spixteen will do?

Spit16 pilots who have the vaguest idea of how to stay in a nose-to-tail chase, avoid scissors, and use their E-building capacities should usually be able to rape both blue planes Co-e. The fact that they often do not is more a testament to the noobs flying the Spixteen than any shortcomings of the plane itself.
"Crikey, sir. I'm looking forward to today. Up diddly up, down diddly down, whoops, poop, twiddly dee - decent scrap with the fiendish Red Baron - bit of a jolly old crash landing behind enemy lines - capture, torture, escape, and then back home in time for tea and medals."

Offline BnZs

• Platinum Member
« Reply #25 on: April 27, 2011, 09:30:22 PM »
Oh, for full disclosure, everyone reading this thread should know that Ack-Ack has previously stated he does not believe any planes should be perked except for the Me-262 and Me-163. IOW, he believes 4-Hogs, C-Hogs, and Tempests should all be free in the Mains. Thus it is useless to argue with him that the SpitXVI should be perked on the basis of performance. Since he does not believe in perking *any* prop fighter, his stance on perk status for the SpitXVI is logically consistent, albeit also quite possibly devoid of common sense.
« Last Edit: April 27, 2011, 09:33:12 PM by BnZs »
"Crikey, sir. I'm looking forward to today. Up diddly up, down diddly down, whoops, poop, twiddly dee - decent scrap with the fiendish Red Baron - bit of a jolly old crash landing behind enemy lines - capture, torture, escape, and then back home in time for tea and medals."

Offline Karnak

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #26 on: April 27, 2011, 10:15:06 PM »
The Spitfire's roll rates, clipped and unclipped, are taken directly from the NACA chart.

If you want the Spitfire Mk XVI perked, surely you want the vastly more common and more successful P-51D perked, right?  If not, why not?
Petals floating by,
      Drift through my woman's hand,
             As she remembers me-

Offline Ack-Ack

• Radioactive Member
      • FlameWarriors
« Reply #27 on: April 27, 2011, 10:26:20 PM »
Oh, for full disclosure, everyone reading this thread should know that Ack-Ack has previously stated he does not believe any planes should be perked except for the Me-262 and Me-163. IOW, he believes 4-Hogs, C-Hogs, and Tempests should all be free in the Mains. Thus it is useless to argue with him that the SpitXVI should be perked on the basis of performance. Since he does not believe in perking *any* prop fighter, his stance on perk status for the SpitXVI is logically consistent, albeit also quite possibly devoid of common sense.

I believe in perking the planes and vehicles that would otherwise unbalance the game play if unperked.  The Spitfire XVI, unperked does not unbalance the game play in the arena and those claiming that it does have been unable to show or prove how it does unbalance the game.

Please, explain how the Spitfire XVI has been an unbalancing factor in the game play.  I know I've asked you this question many times in the past and you've been unable to show at all how the Spitfire XVI unbalances the game play if left unperked.

I'm in favor of removing the perks form the C-Hog because I believe that it would no longer unbalance the game play like it did prior to it being perked.  Calling for the Spitfire XVI to be perked is just as silly as the past cries to perk the La-7.

ack-ack

Offline Guppy35

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #28 on: April 27, 2011, 10:35:37 PM »
1 perk is psychological, everyone will think twice before taking one up. And hopefully you will see less of them.

I fight the planes with their weaknesses, but this one doesn't have any as it is modeled now.

LOL that's just silly.  16s aren't invincible, in fact this 38G driver likes to see em cause they think they are, and tend to stick around and try and fight.
Dan/CorkyJr
8th FS "Headhunters

Offline SmokinLoon

• Platinum Member
« Reply #29 on: April 27, 2011, 10:36:43 PM »
Why perk the M4 76 at 1 perk?
It deserves to be more anyway.

Not anymore.  The reload rate is now 5 seconds or more.  The old reload rate of 3.6 seconds gave it perk worthy-ness, even if it were only 1.

EDIT: Im not sold on perking the Spit16, La7, or P51D.  I am in favor of lowering their ENY to 2.  Same goes for the 262.  The 163 can stay where it is.
« Last Edit: April 27, 2011, 10:41:05 PM by SmokinLoon »
Proud grandson of the late Lt. Col. Darrell M. "Bud" Gray, USAF (ret.), B24D pilot, 5th BG/72nd BS. 28 combat missions within the "slot", PTO.