Author Topic: Working on it.  (Read 536 times)

Offline Stampf

• Plutonium Member
Working on it.
« on: April 27, 2011, 03:31:04 PM »
Tried everything.

Game won't even load for me.

Nothing.  White screen and that's as far as it goes.
« Last Edit: April 27, 2011, 05:17:40 PM by Stampf »
- Der Wander Zirkus -
- La Fabrica de Exitos -

Offline Skuzzy

• Support Member
  • Administrator
      • HiTech Creations Home Page
Re: Guess I'm done.
« Reply #1 on: April 27, 2011, 03:33:22 PM »
What version?  2.40 Patch 0 or Patch 1?  What operating system?

For 2.40 Patch 0, install 2.40 Patch 1 (http://downloads.hitechcreations.com/AH2241.EXE) over the top of your current instllation and that should get you going.

The problem with that version was caused by Windows 7 and UAC.  UAC is always a potential problem for us.  There is no way for us to know when it will trigger on any given system.

You guys think you guys are frustrated by this?  You should be around here when it decides to jump up and bite us in the tush.  All we can do is react to it.  Horrible position to be in, for anyone.
« Last Edit: April 27, 2011, 03:35:18 PM by Skuzzy »
Roy "Skuzzy" Neese
support@hitechcreations.com

Offline morfiend

• AH Training Corps
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #2 on: April 27, 2011, 04:35:38 PM »
 Wont starting game in admin mode help this issue?

I use vista64 and always start in admin mode and I didnt have any issue starting the game.

Hope this issue is fixed soon,wouldnt want your job Skuzzy.......... :devil

:salute

Offline Stampf

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #3 on: April 27, 2011, 04:39:24 PM »

Vista Home Premium.

Wont starting game in admin mode help this issue?

I use vista64 and always start in admin mode and I didnt have any issue starting the game.

Hope this issue is fixed soon,wouldnt want your job Skuzzy.......... :devil

:salute

No, it doesn't help.

Will keep trying.
- Der Wander Zirkus -
- La Fabrica de Exitos -

Offline Tigger29

• Gold Member
« Reply #4 on: April 27, 2011, 04:44:05 PM »
I have had UAC disabled ever since I installed Win7 64bit for exactly those reasons.  It's been almost 18 months now and I have yet to run into any issues as a result of having it disabled!

Patch 0 installed and ran without a hitch on my system.. didn't lose any settings, no errors... everything just worked.  I haven't run Patch 1 yet, but I'm sure it'll work just fine as well.

It might have also helped that I have Aces High installed on a different partition as well (D:\aceshigh).

Offline Dichotomy

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #5 on: April 27, 2011, 04:46:34 PM »
Question then.  What are the inherent risks / rewards for disabling UAC? 
JG11 - Dicho37Only The Proud Only The Strong AH Players who've passed on :salute

Offline Stampf

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #6 on: April 27, 2011, 04:47:00 PM »
What version?  2.40 Patch 0 or Patch 1?  What operating system?

For 2.40 Patch 0, install 2.40 Patch 1 (http://downloads.hitechcreations.com/AH2241.EXE) over the top of your current instllation and that should get you going.

The problem with that version was caused by Windows 7 and UAC.  UAC is always a potential problem for us.  There is no way for us to know when it will trigger on any given system.

You guys think you guys are frustrated by this?  You should be around here when it decides to jump up and bite us in the tush.  All we can do is react to it.  Horrible position to be in, for anyone.

No Joy Skuzzy.

Same result.  Game won't even load up.

At a loss here.
- Der Wander Zirkus -
- La Fabrica de Exitos -

Offline Skuzzy

• Support Member
  • Administrator
      • HiTech Creations Home Page
« Reply #7 on: April 27, 2011, 04:58:41 PM »
Okay Stampf, I need more information.  What happens when you try to go offline?

Also, are you running any type of anti-xxxx software.  I already know Norton WILL corrupt this current version, particularly when running under Vista, but also Windows 7 (depending on the OS configuration and patch state of the OS).

Please be very detailed when describing what happens when you try to go offline.

I am going to need a DXDIAG output as well.  I have found, at least one instance, where the new version would not run due to it seeming to require more resources than the last version and it pushed that system over the top.
Roy "Skuzzy" Neese
support@hitechcreations.com

Offline Stampf

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #8 on: April 27, 2011, 05:15:19 PM »
Thanks Skuzzy.

And I know you guys are working hard, and I am not the type to go crying on the bbs about updates, changes, etc...  As you know, I love AH and fully support all you guys at HTC.

I can not even go offline.  When clicking into AH, I get a white screen, and everything freezes.  Never get to sign in screen or anything.  Just a White box, like the game is trying to load.  Ill get you the DXDIag, though I have run it and looks all ok here.  I may have a hardware issue here, though seems funny the timing of it.  Let me screw around some more sir.

As always, your efforts are appreciated.

Will advise.

- Der Wander Zirkus -
- La Fabrica de Exitos -

Offline TwinBoom

• Gold Member
      • 39th FS "Cobra In The Clouds"
Re: Working on it.
« Reply #9 on: April 27, 2011, 05:55:33 PM »
sounds like a video card ram issue when mine went out ah did the same thing white screen hard system freeze
but i still had basic monitor functions
TBs Sounds 
39th FS "Cobra In The Clouds"NOSEART

Offline Stampf

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #10 on: April 27, 2011, 05:56:26 PM »
sounds like a video card ram issue when mine went out ah did the same thing white screen hard system freeze
but i still had basic monitor functions

That's what it looks like TB.  Thanks.  Working a fix now.
- Der Wander Zirkus -
- La Fabrica de Exitos -

Offline TOMCAT21

• Silver Member
« Reply #11 on: April 29, 2011, 06:17:41 PM »
Well for me, I downloaded it onto my other laptop which runs Vista( it is not a gaming computer ) and the game does not fair all that well on it. I have tried everything that has been suggested so far with my other laptop that has issues with the game opening( it runs Windows 7 32-bit). I sent in DXDIAG to Skuzzy and I am waiting to hear what he has to say.
RETIRED US Army/ Flying and dying since Tour 80/"We're paratroopers, Lieutenant, we're supposed to be surrounded." - Capt. Richard Winters.  FSO 412th FNVG/MA- REGULATORS