Author Topic: ditto, joystick no longer recognizes previous settings for gv's  (Read 583 times)

Offline spoonseven

• Zinc Member
I have win 7, 64 bit. set up game to run as admin.
i have ch pedals & logictech extreme 3d joystick.

going fwd/right/left in gv no longer is recognized. only when i setup buttons did turn left/right/ etc.

seems when i try to map controller for x/y axis. only analog box opens with limited choices. as well as pedals no longer can steer as b4.

never had a problem with update like this b4.

htc help!

Offline Tigger29

• Gold Member
Re: ditto, joystick no longer recognizes previous settings for gv's
« Reply #1 on: April 25, 2011, 11:06:36 PM »
I have win 7, 64 bit. set up game to run as admin.
i have ch pedals & logictech extreme 3d joystick.

going fwd/right/left in gv no longer is recognized. only when i setup buttons did turn left/right/ etc.

seems when i try to map controller for x/y axis. only analog box opens with limited choices. as well as pedals no longer can steer as b4.

never had a problem with update like this b4.

htc help!

This is a 'feature' and not a problem.  You have to drive using W for forward, S for stop/back, A for left, and D for right.  Alternatively you can map those four commands to buttons on your joystick.  You can no longer use the stick or rudder pedals to drive a gv.

Offline fuzeman

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #2 on: April 25, 2011, 11:22:56 PM »
Nevermind, I'm a day late and a dollar short.
« Last Edit: April 25, 2011, 11:49:16 PM by fuzeman »
Far too many, if not most, people on this Board post just to say something opposed to posting when they have something to say.

"Masters of the Air" Scenario - JG54

Offline ImADot

• Platinum Member
« Reply #3 on: April 25, 2011, 11:31:53 PM »
It's not that bad.  WASD keys mapped to the castle switch on my throttle works great.  Joystick still works to sling the turret around and shoot the gun.  I do wish I could still steer with my rudder pedals...oh well.
My Current Rig:
GigaByte GA-X99-UD4 Mobo w/ 16Gb RAM
Intel i7 5820k, Win7 64-bit
NVidia GTX 970 4Gb ACX 2.0
Track IR, CH Fighterstick, CH Pro Throttle, CH Pro Pedals

Offline badhorse

• Silver Member
« Reply #4 on: April 26, 2011, 09:05:01 AM »
This is a 'feature' and not a problem.  You have to drive using W for forward, S for stop/back, A for left, and D for right.  Alternatively you can map those four commands to buttons on your joystick.  You can no longer use the stick or rudder pedals to drive a gv.

If true, that's unfortunate. I bought a high end Joystick, throttle and rudder pedals so that I wouldn't have to keep going to the keyboard for controls. Call it the immersion factor if you want. The more controls I map to the joystick or throttle units the quicker and easier I can operate them.
I will get use to not having a driver position and the new sights but having to use A, S, D,W, etc., seems like a big step backwards. That's how games were in the 80's and 90's.
Always try and be the person your dog thinks you are.

Offline ImADot

• Platinum Member
« Reply #5 on: April 26, 2011, 09:29:01 AM »
I will get use to not having a driver position and the new sights but having to use A, S, D,W, etc., seems like a big step backwards. That's how games were in the 80's and 90's.

Did you try this:
It's not that bad.  WASD keys mapped to the castle switch on my throttle works great.  Joystick still works to sling the turret around and shoot the gun.  I do wish I could still steer with my rudder pedals...oh well.
My Current Rig:
GigaByte GA-X99-UD4 Mobo w/ 16Gb RAM
Intel i7 5820k, Win7 64-bit
NVidia GTX 970 4Gb ACX 2.0
Track IR, CH Fighterstick, CH Pro Throttle, CH Pro Pedals

Offline Skuzzy

• Support Member
  • Administrator
      • HiTech Creations Home Page
« Reply #6 on: April 26, 2011, 09:57:58 AM »
The disappearing stick mappings have to do with a device being plugged into the USB bus, which is not a stick/input device (example, a USB headset).  This problem will be addressed in a patch, soon.
Roy "Skuzzy" Neese
support@hitechcreations.com

Offline pembquist

• Silver Member
« Reply #7 on: April 26, 2011, 04:12:52 PM »
I don't know if this will help but:

Ive got 1 usb hub with pedals, mouse, and a joystick. I have another joystick and the keyboard plugged in directly. I have control map alzheimers now and wanted to let you know as unless the hub is a non input device I don't have any non input devices on the usb bus.

I have always (since november 2010) had a quirk where my pedals are not recognized by AH on startup, if I unplug replug they would work fine.

Keep up the good work

P.S. Its a Vista basic machine, I can't at this time justify buying either win7 or a new machine so there you go.  I like the fact that I can run AH on it unlike a lot of sims.
Pies not kicks.

Offline Skuzzy

• Support Member
  • Administrator
      • HiTech Creations Home Page
« Reply #8 on: April 26, 2011, 04:53:19 PM »
The patch relased today should fix the problem.
Roy "Skuzzy" Neese
support@hitechcreations.com

Offline MunKySR

• Zinc Member
« Reply #9 on: April 28, 2011, 09:07:01 PM »
HTC
1) how do you map the ADSW to joystick?
2) theres something different in the new version command, machine gun view from the old version view from machine gun on panzer etc. Every time Im driving now I get motion sickness, and that hasnt happened in more than 5 years of playing with these tanks..suggestions? :ahand :bhead

Offline flatiron1

• Silver Member
« Reply #10 on: April 29, 2011, 09:16:59 PM »
The patch relased today should fix the problem.

patch did not help me, still losing stick settings mode 1 and 2, getting tired of fooling with it.
« Last Edit: April 29, 2011, 09:21:07 PM by flatiron1 »