Author Topic: Early and Mid War  (Read 2598 times)

Offline Yarbles

• Platinum Member
Early and Mid War
« on: April 30, 2011, 04:32:28 AM »
Why do we persist with Early and Mid war given such small numbers use them. Is there anything to be said for amalgamating them into Mid war and having another off/on peak late war MA for people who want to have a very low cap arena for those not flying in squads who want to make an individual difference. Just an idea and there may be objections to this equating to score padding/Milk Running etc.

My view is  :headscratch: on this one but a friend and long time player seems to have become seriously disenchanted with the more busy off peak game and the resultant feeling of hordeing when he is playing on his own outside his squad.  

Choice is often a good thing though I realise not allways  ;)

Anyone have any thoughts?
« Last Edit: April 30, 2011, 05:44:15 AM by Yarbles »
DFC/GFC/OAP

"Don't get into arguments with idiots, they drag you down to their level and then win from experience"
"He who can laugh at himself has mastered himself"

Offline SlapShot

• Plutonium Member
Re: Early and Mid War
« Reply #1 on: April 30, 2011, 07:22:13 AM »
Yeah ... leave it the way it is ... for those who like them. No need to get rid of them and spoil it for other people so some can have yet another LW arena.

It would be no sweat off HTCs butt to simply create another LW arena for what you want ... without disturbing the EW and MW arenas.
SlapShot - Blue Knights

Guppy: "The only risk we take is the fight, and since no one really dies, the reward is the fight."

Offline CAP1

• Radioactive Member
      • The Axis Vs Allies Arena
« Reply #2 on: April 30, 2011, 09:30:54 AM »
do you fly either the nidwar or early war arenas?

i find it amazing how many people don't flyy there, but insist on criticizing it.
ingame 1LTCAP
80th FS "Headhunters"
S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning in a Bottle)

Offline Oldman731

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #3 on: April 30, 2011, 09:46:28 AM »
Yeah ... leave it the way it is ... for those who like them. No need to get rid of them and spoil it for other people so some can have yet another LW arena.

It would be no sweat off HTCs butt to simply create another LW arena for what you want ... without disturbing the EW and MW arenas.

This.  There is nothing to be gained by closing any arena.

- oldman

Offline Yeager

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #4 on: April 30, 2011, 10:53:24 AM »
Not that I matter, but if MW was shut down and I would be out of a game.  MW is why I play.
"If someone flips you the bird and you don't know it, does it still count?" - SLIMpkns

Offline shermanjr

• Copper Member
« Reply #5 on: April 30, 2011, 12:42:33 PM »
ealry war and mid war are fun for ppl who dont like to have a good dogtight and some spitxeen or 262 jerk come in
475th fg dgs
404th fighter group Winter SKy Deth ground
361 st fg
1st pursuit squadron avg
+flyingfury+ main arena
in game name pattonjr

Offline Raphael

• Gold Member
« Reply #6 on: April 30, 2011, 12:46:26 PM »
i have more fun in midwar and ealry war then in the other arenas.
Remember 08/08/2012
 Youtube videos - http://www.youtube.com/user/raphael103/featured
Game ID => Raphael
XO of Jg5

Offline CAP1

• Radioactive Member
      • The Axis Vs Allies Arena
« Reply #7 on: April 30, 2011, 12:48:29 PM »
i haven't been in early war in a loooooooooooooong timer.......but in midwar.........the fights are great.
ingame 1LTCAP
80th FS "Headhunters"
S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning in a Bottle)

Offline MarineUS

• Gold Member
      • Imperial Legion
« Reply #8 on: April 30, 2011, 09:48:33 PM »
I love flying in both when off-hours comes on. ick.
Like, ya know, when that thing that makes you move, it has pistons and things, When your thingamajigy is providing power, you do not hear other peoples thingamajig when they are providing power.

HiTech

Offline The Fugitive

• Plutonium Member
      • Fugi's Aces Help
« Reply #9 on: April 30, 2011, 09:53:59 PM »
Why do we persist with Early and Mid war given such small numbers use them. Is there anything to be said for amalgamating them into Mid war and having another off/on peak late war MA for people who want to have a very low cap arena for those not flying in squads who want to make an individual difference. Just an idea and there may be objections to this equating to score padding/Milk Running etc.

My view is  :headscratch: on this one but a friend and long time player seems to have become seriously disenchanted with the more busy off peak game and the resultant feeling of hordeing when he is playing on his own outside his squad.  

Choice is often a good thing though I realise not allways  ;)

Anyone have any thoughts?

.....and why do people insist on trying to close them? They have nothing to do with any of the other arenas so how would it help anything?

Offline MarineUS

• Gold Member
      • Imperial Legion
« Reply #10 on: April 30, 2011, 10:01:27 PM »
If THEY don't use it - they see it as pointless.

Just closed minded fools.
Like, ya know, when that thing that makes you move, it has pistons and things, When your thingamajigy is providing power, you do not hear other peoples thingamajig when they are providing power.

HiTech

Offline icepac

• Platinum Member
« Reply #11 on: May 01, 2011, 01:51:14 AM »
Was kind of hoping "early war" would be a little earlier.

Offline Karnak

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #12 on: May 01, 2011, 01:58:04 AM »
Was kind of hoping "early war" would be a little earlier.
How early did you hope for? 1939-mid 1942 is fairly early.
Petals floating by,
      Drift through my woman's hand,
             As she remembers me-

Offline theNewB

• Copper Member
      • http://www.greatergermany.net
« Reply #13 on: May 01, 2011, 02:34:09 AM »
I just fly early and mid war birds in LW cause I'm insane.... Hell how many people see an I16/Spit1/109E and just think "no problem" to only find out it is a problem. I do, sometimes, take a look at MW arena from time to time but when I'm actually on, LW off hours has 60 people and MW has less then 10. Aslong as I have access to early and midwar planes I'll fly them.

Offline Yarbles

• Platinum Member
« Reply #14 on: May 01, 2011, 05:49:53 AM »

.....and why do people insist on trying to close them? They have nothing to do with any of the other arenas so how would it help anything?

If THEY don't use it - they see it as pointless.

Just closed minded fools.

Hang on a minute before anyone steams in with both feet. I assume then there is not an issue of scarce resourses in which case just make another arena with a low cap please, maybe before we start telling anyone they are a fool FFS.  Take it easy chaps  :salute
« Last Edit: May 01, 2011, 05:53:09 AM by Yarbles »
DFC/GFC/OAP

"Don't get into arguments with idiots, they drag you down to their level and then win from experience"
"He who can laugh at himself has mastered himself"