Author Topic: GV hell on earth. Listen up HTC.  (Read 4541 times)

Offline AWwrgwy

• Platinum Member
Re: GV hell on earth. Listen up HTC.
« Reply #75 on: May 03, 2011, 10:45:56 PM »

Rite now i keep the clip board up but that takes space.
I've tried to disable it = does not .

make the clip board as small as you can.

The text buffer, the one you type in, will also get rid of mouse look.

wrongway
71 (Eagle) Squadron
"THAT"S PAINT!!"

"If nothing else works, a total pig-headed unwillingness to look facts in the face will see us through."
- General Sir Anthony Cecil Hogmanay

Offline kvuo75

• Gold Member
« Reply #76 on: May 04, 2011, 08:19:35 AM »
After all, you have only two (for auto trans) "buttons" governing the stop and go functions in your car, right? I mean, do you ever find yourself wanting to do something silly and useless like anything *other* than mashing the gas pedal to the floor, or mashing the brake pedal to the floor? Does a range of two possible inputs  - ON or OFF, STOP or GO - cover all your braking and accelerating needs? Or do you maybe once in a while find yourself wanting to apply a *little* brake or a *little* gas rather than locking the wheels or taking off like a bat out of hell?

wait a sec, wasn't the old method all or nothing anyway? the only choices at different speeds were picking a different gear. the throttle itself was either open or closed. with the w and s you can select any speed in between.
kvuo75

Kill the manned ack.

Offline ImADot

• Platinum Member
« Reply #77 on: May 04, 2011, 08:52:55 AM »

wait a sec, wasn't the old method all or nothing anyway? the only choices at different speeds were picking a different gear. the throttle itself was either open or closed. with the w and s you can select any speed in between.

Precisely.  :aok

If you chose 3rd gear, you'd accelerate to the top speed in that gear.  If you wanted to slow down, you'd have to drop into 2nd and then you'd be travelling at the top speed for that gear.  Now, you can stop accelerating anywhere between gears and drive whatever speed you want.  Much more realistic and better.
My Current Rig:
GigaByte GA-X99-UD4 Mobo w/ 16Gb RAM
Intel i7 5820k, Win7 64-bit
NVidia GTX 970 4Gb ACX 2.0
Track IR, CH Fighterstick, CH Pro Throttle, CH Pro Pedals

Offline R 105

• Silver Member
« Reply #78 on: May 04, 2011, 10:00:59 AM »
 I been working on using the new controls in the off line arena. I found that in the German tanks you can use neutral steer to turn the hole tank toward your target about as fast as you can turn your turret. (just like a real tank) This keeps your thickest armor toward you enemy and for me it is faster. I am starting to like the new system.

Offline Crash Orange

• Silver Member
« Reply #79 on: May 04, 2011, 04:56:12 PM »
If you chose 3rd gear, you'd accelerate to the top speed in that gear.  If you wanted to slow down, you'd have to drop into 2nd and then you'd be travelling at the top speed for that gear.  Now, you can stop accelerating anywhere between gears and drive whatever speed you want.  Much more realistic and better.

Nonsense. You didn't have to shift gears to slow down, you just pulled back on the stick a little (or a lot, if you wanted to stop faster). You could downshift or not depending on your intentions.

You're talking about setting a cruise speed, which is something different.

Also, you're still focused on debating whether the new system or the old system is better, which is not the point. Just because the new system is better overall doesn't mean every single aspect of it is necessarily better, or that it couldn't be made a little *more* better (is there a grammatically correct way to say that?) with a few minor changes. So "the new system is better" addresses nothing, aside from the small minority who've been demanding that it be changed back (which was never going to happen anyway).

However, I'll wait and see what the new-new system looks like before making further judgments in that regard.

Offline Chalenge

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #80 on: May 04, 2011, 07:22:44 PM »
One thing I liked about the older system was the ability to drop to a specific gear where the gun was more stable than at full speed. You can still do that but it is a little more difficult not actually being able to see that it is in 2nd gear for instance. I would say the benefits of the new system outweigh the fact that it is up to the user to adjust to changes... by a long shot.

When and if HTC puts rudder pedal control from the cupola I will be satisfied altogether.
If you like the Sick Puppy Custom Sound Pack the please consider contributing for future updates by sending a months dues to Hitech Creations for account "Chalenge." Every little bit helps.

Offline ImADot

• Platinum Member
« Reply #81 on: May 04, 2011, 07:26:05 PM »
Nonsense. You didn't have to shift gears to slow down, you just pulled back on the stick a little (or a lot, if you wanted to stop faster). You could downshift or not depending on your intentions.

You're talking about setting a cruise speed, which is something different.

Yep, you're riight; I mis-spoke.  Teaches me to surf on my Droid during boring staff meetings.
My Current Rig:
GigaByte GA-X99-UD4 Mobo w/ 16Gb RAM
Intel i7 5820k, Win7 64-bit
NVidia GTX 970 4Gb ACX 2.0
Track IR, CH Fighterstick, CH Pro Throttle, CH Pro Pedals

Offline Yeager

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #82 on: May 04, 2011, 09:24:56 PM »
Teaches me to surf on my Droid during boring staff meetings.
But this is where you should really SHINE  :t
"If someone flips you the bird and you don't know it, does it still count?" - SLIMpkns