Author Topic: Anyone with a Dodge truck experience?  (Read 2557 times)

Offline CAP1

• Radioactive Member
      • The Axis Vs Allies Arena
Re: Anyone with a Dodge truck experience?
« Reply #105 on: May 03, 2011, 09:11:02 PM »
your right, its the vapors. forgot about that. thew actual liquid ewould put a fire out.

dam!! you came back too fast!! i wanted to see how many would play "dog pile on da wabbit" over that one.  :neener:
ingame 1LTCAP
80th FS "Headhunters"
S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning in a Bottle)

Offline MaSonZ

• Gold Member
« Reply #106 on: May 03, 2011, 09:16:36 PM »
dam!! you came back too fast!! i wanted to see how many would play "dog pile on da wabbit" over that one.  :neener:
haha. found that last year. one of my friends works on a farm..them farm boys know it all it seems  :rock
"Only the dead have seen the end of war" - Plato
HogDweeb

Offline CAP1

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #107 on: May 03, 2011, 09:20:28 PM »
haha. found that last year. one of my friends works on a farm..them farm boys know it all it seems  :rock

they have to.......truck breaks down, they lose too much time bringing it to the shop....they need to know how to fix it then and there.

did you know diesels were originally made for farmers, and not originally intended to be road going vehicles?
ingame 1LTCAP
80th FS "Headhunters"

Offline FiLtH

• Platinum Member
« Reply #108 on: May 03, 2011, 10:26:34 PM »
 I owed an 88 Dodge Dakota once. POS lost its transmission the first 500 miles. Dealer I bought it from replaced it and had the balls to charge me $100 deductable. Last rig I bought there.

~AoM~

Offline SFRT - Frenchy

• Platinum Member
      • http://home.CFL.rr.com/rauns/menu.htm
« Reply #109 on: May 03, 2011, 10:36:20 PM »
Good info thx u all for contributing. :salute

I want a 2003_05 only because I love the body style. I had a Silverado 20xx where the vortech ebgine took a crap within the first 1000 miles, they replaced it amd ran great ever since. This thing will run stay as a rock fully loaded with gravel, not like my F250 that feels like driving on sand with same load. The Silverado is awfully bouncy when empty. My f250 diesel still runs great, the electrical is what is falling appart.
Dat jugs bro.

Terror flieger since 1941.
------------------------

Offline Shuffler

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #110 on: May 04, 2011, 09:29:38 AM »

oooo....ima gonna make heads explode now.  :devil :bhead

did you know that gasoline is not a flammable liquid?  :uhoh

I have placed a bit of gas in a coffee can (back when they were steel) and half burried it in ground then lit it. This was done to light a wood fire in camp. You half burry the can so it will not tip over. The fuel burns a long controlled burn. If you knock it over it explodes. :D

By mentioning trash and water..... it does not take much at all.
80th FS "Headhunters"

S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning In A Bottle)

Offline MaSonZ

• Gold Member
« Reply #111 on: May 04, 2011, 02:37:12 PM »
they have to.......truck breaks down, they lose too much time bringing it to the shop....they need to know how to fix it then and there. not only that..how many farmers have enough money to bring their stuff to a shop?

did you know diesels were originally made for farmers, and not originally intended to be road going vehicles?makes sense. They're made for work.

HogDweeb

Offline mbailey

• Platinum Member
« Reply #112 on: May 04, 2011, 02:47:12 PM »
Good info thx u all for contributing. :salute

I want a 2003_05 only because I love the body style. I had a Silverado 20xx where the vortech ebgine took a crap within the first 1000 miles, they replaced it amd ran great ever since. This thing will run stay as a rock fully loaded with gravel, not like my F250 that feels like driving on sand with same load. The Silverado is awfully bouncy when empty. My f250 diesel still runs great, the electrical is what is falling appart.

Good luck finding one sir  :salute
Mbailey
80th FS "Headhunters"

Ichi Go Ichi E
Character is like a tree and reputation like its shadow. The shadow is what we think of it; the tree is the real thing.

When the game is over, the Kings and Pawns all go into the same box.

Offline Babalonian

• Platinum Member
      • Pigs on the Wing
« Reply #113 on: May 04, 2011, 04:13:14 PM »
i'd have to go look and see where it's mounted. you mentioned yours was an 86. it could be carbonated, or injected. i think there were something like 3 filters on the carbonated models, while the injected models only had one.
 generally on injected models, you'll find the pump somewhere near the center of the tank, and there are generally "bath tubs" surrounding them to prevent fuel sloshing from starving the pump(another FAST way to kill those older pumps)
 in tank pumps are generally not able to move either.

almost all fuel pumps have a filter screen on the intake end of them, to help keep the nasty poop out of them.

She was injected, albeit if I recall correctly one of the first "fuel injection" systems Honda developed and produced, so just take it for what it was (which was an "interesting" first-gen design).
-Babalon
"Let's light 'em up and see how they smoke."
POTW IIw Oink! - http://www.PigsOnTheWing.org

Wow, you guys need help.

Offline Babalonian

• Platinum Member
      • Pigs on the Wing
« Reply #114 on: May 04, 2011, 04:16:37 PM »

oooo....ima gonna make heads explode now.  :devil :bhead

did you know that gasoline is not a flammable liquid?  :uhoh

Believe it or not, yes.  Have I gotten tired of explaining/arguing with everyone as to why, yes.

Liquid gasoline is not flamable.  Fumes (or airated) gasoline on the other hand, is.  But I still don't think you'll get places like the State of Californication to understand and let the mechanics start smoking in the bays again.
-Babalon
"Let's light 'em up and see how they smoke."
POTW IIw Oink! - http://www.PigsOnTheWing.org

Wow, you guys need help.

Offline CAP1

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #115 on: May 04, 2011, 04:20:22 PM »
Believe it or not, yes.  Have I gotten tired of explaining/arguing with everyone as to why, yes.

Liquid gasoline is not flamable.  Fumes (or airated) gasoline on the other hand, is.  But I still don't think you'll get places like the State of Californication to understand and let the mechanics start smoking in the bays again.

when i have my part time helper here....he's a smoker....i don't let him smoke in the shop. it's got nothing to do with anything, except that that is one of my rules. i don't like the smell of it, and i'm not gonna have a customer complain about it.  :aok
ingame 1LTCAP
80th FS "Headhunters"

Offline MaSonZ

• Gold Member
« Reply #116 on: May 04, 2011, 04:33:17 PM »
when i have my part time helper here....he's a smoker....i don't let him smoke in the shop. it's got nothing to do with anything, except that that is one of my rules. i don't like the smell of it, and i'm not gonna have a customer complain about it.  :aok
if i help you, can i dip then and spit in a bottle / trash can  :D
HogDweeb

Offline JOACH1M

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #117 on: May 04, 2011, 04:38:00 PM »
interesting. hard to believe thayt gas keeps something cool considering its so flammable  :headscratch:
Did you know the higher the octane the cooler the engine runs?
FEW ~ BK's ~ AoM
Focke Wulf Me / Last Of The GOATS 🐐
ToC 2013 & 2017 Champ
R.I.P My Brothers <3

Offline CAP1

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #118 on: May 04, 2011, 04:43:54 PM »
Something else just hit me abuot some of the dodge 4x4's.

i'm not sure if they still do this or not.......but i've had a few axle replacements on them. front axle, normally the passengers side axle. the front diff ends short of the hub assembly, and there's an axle splined into the diff housing, much like a front wheel drive axle. they tend to strip those splines.
 in the 2 years i worked at the last shop before i got my place, i think i did at least 3 of them.
ingame 1LTCAP
80th FS "Headhunters"

Offline MaSonZ

• Gold Member
« Reply #119 on: May 04, 2011, 04:49:57 PM »
Did you know the higher the octane the cooler the engine runs?
interesting. not doubting you, but could CAP verify this?

HogDweeb