Author Topic: True Colours?  (Read 4667 times)

Offline mechanic

• Plutonium Member
True Colours?
« on: May 03, 2011, 03:28:55 PM »
 Why is it that so many good, friendly, fun-fight kind of guys join a certain type of group and instantly turn into arrogant and abrasive egotists?
It's almost like these people were only friendly because they thought they wouldn't stand a chance being their true self on their own.
Then they become assimilated into a group of players who regard themself so highly that they no longer need to be polite, friendly or respectful.
They then show their true colours.

Now I'm not talking about anyone specific, before anyone get's their panties in a twist. This is not an attempt to incite riot. So please dun't ban me.
I am just curious as to what causes people who start with their own individual personalities to become an army of clones, spouting the same smack, using the same tactics, aiming for the same goals, keeping the same friends and enemies as each other. Essentialy losing all sense of identity and just becoming another gimp in an army of gimps.

No personality. No individualism. No difference at all from one clone to the next. No fun to be around for anyone else but other clones.

Am I the only one who notices this human trend in all walks of life?

And I don't know much, but I do know this. With a golden heart comes a rebel fist.

Offline Digr1

• Copper Member
Re: True Colours?
« Reply #1 on: May 03, 2011, 03:31:15 PM »
Why is it that so many good, friendly, fun-fight kind of guys join a certain type of group and instantly turn into arrogant and abrasive egotists?
It's almost like these people were only friendly because they thought they wouldn't stand a chance being their true self on their own.
Then they become assimilated into a group of players who regard themself so highly that they no longer need to be polite, friendly or respectful.

Now I'm not talking about anyone specific, before anyone get's their panties in a twist. This is not an attempt to incite riot. So please dun't ban me.
I am just curious as to what causes people who start with their own individual personalities to become an army of clones, spouting the same smack, using the same tactics, aiming for the same goals, keeping the same friends and enemies as each other. Essentialy losing all sense of identity and just becoming another gimp in an army of gimps.

No personality. No individualism. No difference at all from one clone to the next. No fun to be around for anyone else but other clones.

in a nutshell most cases its AGE

Offline infowars

• Nickel Member
« Reply #2 on: May 03, 2011, 03:38:57 PM »
i think it's in the water...  personally
SWneo <==== In game name. Cpt 125th Spartan Warriors.

Offline redwing7

• Copper Member
« Reply #3 on: May 03, 2011, 03:41:07 PM »
I thought this was about the Cyndi Lauper song.... :D
THUNDER MOB

"and when they bury me, may it be face down...so all my critics can kiss my ass!"  Bobby Knight

Offline IrishOne

• Silver Member
« Reply #4 on: May 03, 2011, 03:44:06 PM »

:aok    welcome to earth Batty!      i assure you, i'm as crass in RL as i am in game  :lol
-AoM-

Offline Krupinski

• Gold Member
      • Twitch
« Reply #5 on: May 03, 2011, 03:45:47 PM »
in a nutshell most cases its AGE

I have to disagree with that, there are several adults in the game that I wouldn't be surprised if they fight over barbie dolls in the real world!

Batfink, you're right, but whether it's the person showing their true colors or just being influenced by the people around them? Who knows. As far as I'm concerned, I'm me no matter who I fly with. If I call you names or something on 200 it's because I want a fight, it seems to me more people are HOing and Running now without showing a desire to learn.
« Last Edit: May 03, 2011, 03:56:13 PM by Krupinski »

Offline mechanic

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #6 on: May 03, 2011, 03:46:34 PM »
I thought this was about the Cyndi Lauper song.... :D

I was humming it as I typed  :D

Irish, that's exactly my point. you kept your indicidualism no matter what. Others sadly don't.

Krups too, always the same person no matter who you fly with. That's why I respect you and people like that.
And I don't know much, but I do know this. With a golden heart comes a rebel fist.

Offline Reaper90

• Gold Member
« Reply #7 on: May 03, 2011, 03:50:04 PM »
See Batty, all this time I thought everyone in the squad winced when I was on channel because I didn't stop being a jackarnold when you recruited me into 71 Sqn RAF....

<---- still the same jackarnold!

lol text filter
Floyd
'Murican dude in a Brit Squad flying Russian birds, drinking Canadian whiskey

Offline shiv

• Silver Member
« Reply #8 on: May 03, 2011, 03:55:50 PM »

To fit in?
« Last Edit: May 03, 2011, 03:57:42 PM by shiv »
You are in a maze of twisty little passages, all alike.

Offline LCADolby

• Platinum Member
« Reply #9 on: May 03, 2011, 04:02:17 PM »
Clone Army... Must be the Dark side of the Force
JG5 "Eismeer"
YouTube+Twitch - 20Dolby10

"BE a man and shoot me in the back" - pez

Offline Bruv119

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
      • http://www.thefewsquadron.co.uk
« Reply #10 on: May 03, 2011, 04:05:37 PM »
mickyd and kazaa,  are both good people and individuals.

You may have had strong words with them now and others in the past Bat with several differences of opinion.   Maybe that says something about your character too.   You are as stubborn as old boots and take that as a compliment.  

I think we should have a chat on vent and get Micky in on it, just so we can have a dr shida moment, clear the air and say what we really feel.  I also promise nothing will be recorded or used against you in any courts of law.   ;)
The Few ***
F.P.H

Offline MickDono

• Gold Member
« Reply #11 on: May 03, 2011, 04:10:05 PM »
 :banana:

Offline bustr

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #12 on: May 03, 2011, 04:11:18 PM »
Congratulations.

You have spent how many years of your life performing this visual observation study to discover the outward emotional manifistations of "Right Brain Dominant" versus "Left Brain Dominant" personality types.

Right brain dominant types are more comfortable being part of a group of very similar people and defineing themselves as that collective identity. Left brain dominant types do not need to be part of a group to express their identity.

The 180 degree personality change is not a change. That is the real personality. The change was that overly nice person you met because he was looking for a group to become part of and wanted to present himself as sociable and plyable as possible for the quickest hookup with a collective. After that only his collective's feelings about his conduct was of any consiquence to him.

There are many degrees of spectrum between these two extremes. There is a tendancy towards all of the personality traits of right brain dominace in tweens, teens and up to the mid 30's with life's experiences evening out or even shifting the personality more left dominant. This is part of finding your place in life. Dominant left brainers show up in the tweens to teens, have learning problems often identified as dyslexia and are extreme kinesthetic learners. Dominant right brainers are socialy and verbaly accomplished. Tend to do well in school and social activities because they spend more time networking with other right brainers like themselves.

It's always been around you in plain sight.
bustr - POTW 1st Wing

This is like the old joke that voters are harsher to their beer brewer if he has an outage, than their politicians after raising their taxes. Death and taxes are certain but, fun and sex is only now.

Offline 33Vortex

• Platinum Member
      • Dirac's equation (non truncated)
« Reply #13 on: May 03, 2011, 04:21:08 PM »

Check your local voting office in 2012 for similarities. Results may be apalling...

There's actually a word for it... sheeple. People who have willingly given up on thinking on their own, satisfied with the socially accepted views in order to not be troubled by what's really going on. People who want to be entertained, it's a way of life to... not really live your own life.

Entertainment = agreeable distraction of the mind.

GameID: Turner
Truth has no agenda.

Offline NatCigg

• Gold Member
« Reply #14 on: May 03, 2011, 04:23:09 PM »
Congratulations.

You have spent how many years of your life performing this visual observation study to discover the outward emotional manifistations of "Right Brain Dominant" versus "Left Brain Dominant" personality types.

Right brain dominant types are more comfortable being part of a group of very similar people and defineing themselves as that collective identity. Left brain dominant types do not need to be part of a group to express their identity.

The 180 degree personality change is not a change. That is the real personality. The change was that overly nice person you met because he was looking for a group to become part of and wanted to present himself as sociable and plyable as possible for the quickest hookup with a collective. After that only his collective's feelings about his conduct was of any consiquence to him.

There are many degrees of spectrum between these two extremes. There is a tendancy towards all of the personality traits of right brain dominace in tweens, teens and up to the mid 30's with life's experiences evening out or even shifting the personality more left dominant. This is part of finding your place in life. Dominant left brainers show up in the tweens to teens, have learning problems often identified as dyslexia and are extreme kinesthetic learners. Dominant right brainers are socialy and verbaly accomplished. Tend to do well in school and social activities because they spend more time networking with other right brainers like themselves.

It's always been around you in plain sight.

its amazing how accurate years of psychology is.

Thanks for sharing I had forgotten so much.