Author Topic: Exposed Stealth Helo?  (Read 2775 times)

Offline FireDrgn

• Silver Member
Re: Exposed Stealth Helo?
« Reply #60 on: May 08, 2011, 04:42:24 PM »
"A previously undisclosed, classified stealth helicopter apparently was part of the U.S. task force that killed Osama bin Laden in Pakistan on May 1.

The exact type of helicopter is unknown but it appears to be a highly modified version of an H-60 Blackhawk. Photos disseminated via the European PressPhoto agency and attributed to an anonymous stringer show that the helicopter’s tail features stealth-configured shapes on the boom and the tail rotor hub fairings, swept stabilizers and a “dishpan” cover over a five-or-six-blade tail rotor. It has a silver-loaded infrared suppression finish similar to that seen on V-22s."

(Image removed from quote.)

http://www.aviationweek.com/aw/generic/story_channel.jsp?channel=defense&id=news/awx/2011/05/03/awx_05_03_2011_p0-318248.xml&headline=Bin%20Laden%20Raid%20May%20Have%20Exposed%20Stealth%20Helicopter

SILENT BLACKHAWK   :bhead.. They had silent blackhawks 15 years ago flying out of Fort Huachuca ,AZ    If you did not look up and see them you did not know they were there . you could not hear them untill they were right on top of you And im talking closer than 100yds.

So my point is not sure why they need this fancy pieace of krap.  The ones I saw were not noticably changed to the degree this thing is ..
"When the student is ready the teacher will appear."   I am not a teacher.

Offline Vudu15

• Gold Member
« Reply #61 on: May 09, 2011, 11:21:04 AM »
thats why the blades are bent and swept on the ends. lowers the profile moving through the air. thus reducing noise.
"No odds too great"

"I was a horse ahead at the end" - Nathan Bedford Forrest
Training Video List https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL54E5CE

Offline Innominate

• Gold Member
« Reply #62 on: May 09, 2011, 11:57:52 AM »
So my point is not sure why they need this fancy pieace of krap.  The ones I saw were not noticably changed to the degree this thing is ..

It's not like the last 15 years have seen any improvements in noise reduction, RCS reduction, infrared signature reduction, or aerodynamics in general.

Offline FireDrgn

• Silver Member
« Reply #63 on: May 09, 2011, 11:09:12 PM »
Im just saying the ones I empiricly saw and hear did not have all the fancy looking goodies like the swept wings and junk.  They were silent. I saw them fly from less then 100yds.    SOOOOOOOO im just saying peole think they getting something new when they see something like this.  Its not really new as far as being silent goes. 

That is all carry on.

Offline Jayhawk

• Gold Member
« Reply #64 on: May 09, 2011, 11:41:22 PM »
Im just saying the ones I empiricly saw and hear did not have all the fancy looking goodies like the swept wings and junk.  They were silent. I saw them fly from less then 100yds.    SOOOOOOOO im just saying peole think they getting something new when they see something like this.  Its not really new as far as being silent goes. 

That is all carry on.

So you've heard the difference between those and the modified models everyone is just finding out about then?
LOOK EVERYBODY!  I GOT MY NAME IN LIGHTS!

Folks, play nice.

Offline Vudu15

• Gold Member
« Reply #65 on: May 10, 2011, 06:02:54 PM »
I'm gunna tell you what sir Its still a big blade up there and its not goin to be super silent, quieter yes, low radar sig maybe, since it should be in ground clutter wouldn't matter as much.

So Jay how many Blackhawks have you seen or worked on? You Sikorsky in the back workin on the second one? 
"No odds too great"

"I was a horse ahead at the end" - Nathan Bedford Forrest
Training Video List https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL54E5CE

Offline FireDrgn

• Silver Member
« Reply #66 on: May 10, 2011, 07:09:06 PM »
So you've heard the difference between those and the modified models everyone is just finding out about then?

Have you heard either one ?:bhead

Offline Jayhawk

• Gold Member
« Reply #67 on: May 12, 2011, 04:55:14 PM »
I'm gunna tell you what sir Its still a big blade up there and its not goin to be super silent, quieter yes, low radar sig maybe, since it should be in ground clutter wouldn't matter as much.

So Jay how many Blackhawks have you seen or worked on? You Sikorsky in the back workin on the second one? 

Everyone knows you're around helicopters, you've made that very clear. 

He said that that he couldn't hear helicopters until they were within 100 yards, and therefor he didn't know why people thought this was something special.  My point was that just because you've heard some, doesn't mean it can't be improved.

Folks, play nice.

Offline F22RaptorDude

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
« Reply #68 on: May 12, 2011, 05:06:27 PM »
I've been using my friends computer lately, and you know what happened today? The secret service came to his house asking why i've been talking about the US Government keeping Bin Laden's body! :O Seriously I had a brown pants moment when those GMC's pulled into my driveway and men in suits came and banged on the door. Goes to show, if you know anything or think you do, your a threat to your nation! They searched my computer and everything but came to the conclusion that it was just another teen running his mouth about stuff he doesn't know anything about. Or in my case guessing total bull plop. Moral of the story, if you know anything, don't post it online  :lol
Reaper in a T-50-2 Scout tank in 10 seconds flat

Offline Jayhawk

• Gold Member
« Reply #69 on: May 12, 2011, 05:08:09 PM »
I've been using my friends computer lately, and you know what happened today? The secret service came to his house asking why i've been talking about the US Government keeping Bin Laden's body! :O Seriously I had a brown pants moment when those GMC's pulled into my driveway and men in suits came and banged on the door. Goes to show, if you know anything or think you do, your a threat to your nation! They searched my computer and everything but came to the conclusion that it was just another teen running his mouth about stuff he doesn't know anything about. Or in my case guessing total bull plop. Moral of the story, if you know anything, don't post it online  :lol

Why is it I don't believe you?

Folks, play nice.

Offline F22RaptorDude

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
« Reply #70 on: May 12, 2011, 05:09:04 PM »
Cause I'm a teenager and you think I lie like most stereo types, please enlighten me on why you figure you can't?  :D

Offline Jayhawk

• Gold Member
« Reply #71 on: May 12, 2011, 05:12:11 PM »
Cause I'm a teenager and you think I lie like most stereo types, please enlighten me on why you figure you can't?  :D

Oh yes, you're only a victim of stereotyping.  :rolleyes:

Folks, play nice.

Offline F22RaptorDude

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
« Reply #72 on: May 12, 2011, 05:15:48 PM »
Oh yes, you're only a victim of stereotyping.  :rolleyes:
Your entitled to your own opinion just like me, and I respect your suspicion and reason to not believe me.

Offline Golfer

• Platinum Member
« Reply #73 on: May 12, 2011, 05:16:54 PM »
It's that easy to justify to yourself that lying is okay?

Offline BowHTR

• Gold Member
« Reply #74 on: May 12, 2011, 05:17:49 PM »
Why is it I don't believe you?

im with jay here
AH Supporter Since Tour 35