Author Topic: An Irritating Bug  (Read 324 times)

Offline LCADolby

• Platinum Member
An Irritating Bug
« on: May 06, 2011, 11:10:47 AM »
Search is fegged so I cant bring up an old thread  :o

Anyway onto the Flap bug.

While flying with your flaps down and one gets shot off, I firmly believe it should not continue to have and effect. Flying a Spit9 I had the left flap shot off, as I retracted the flaps to gain some speed after a turn, I started banking over to the right. Meaning that a none existant Flap was still having an effect. I sped past the speed at which under no damage the flaps auto retract and it banked even further, the nonexistant flap was still down. I'm pretty sure that if a flap is shot off its off and the actual effect should be the reverse, it should be losing some lift not keeping it.

:salute
JG5 "Eismeer"
YouTube-20Dolby10
Twitch - Glendinho

HOST: HiTech Shot Down Skyyr Kill#1

Offline JOACH1M

• Plutonium Member
Re: An Irritating Bug
« Reply #1 on: May 06, 2011, 11:37:06 AM »
Search is fegged so I cant bring up an old thread  :o

Anyway onto the Flap bug.

While flying with your flaps down and one gets shot off, I firmly believe it should not continue to have and effect. Flying a Spit9 I had the left flap shot off, as I retracted the flaps to gain some speed after a turn, I started banking over to the right. Meaning that a none existant Flap was still having an effect. I sped past the speed at which under no damage the flaps auto retract and it banked even further, the nonexistant flap was still down. I'm pretty sure that if a flap is shot off its off and the actual effect should be the reverse, it should be losing some lift not keeping it.

:salute
It isn't a bug, the flap only got damaged and is stuck in position when it was hit. Now their might be a bug when the flap is missing yet still having an effect, but tha would be a texture bug
FEW ~ BK's ~ AoM
Focke Wulf Me / Last Of The GOATS 🐐
ToC 2013 & 2017 Champ
R.I.P My Brothers <3

Offline AWwrgwy

• Platinum Member
« Reply #2 on: May 07, 2011, 12:59:30 AM »
So instead of a flap missing graphic there should be a flap stuck in whatever position it was damaged in graphic.

wrongway
71 (Eagle) Squadron
"THAT"S PAINT!!"

"If nothing else works, a total pig-headed unwillingness to look facts in the face will see us through."
- General Sir Anthony Cecil Hogmanay

Offline kvuo75

• Gold Member
« Reply #3 on: May 07, 2011, 03:07:47 PM »
So instead of a flap missing graphic there should be a flap stuck in whatever position it was damaged in graphic.

wrongway

:aok

exactly.
kvuo75

Kill the manned ack.

Offline Pigslilspaz

• Gold Member
« Reply #4 on: May 07, 2011, 03:13:06 PM »
I know it's not the wishlist, but +1 for damage list showing if flap is jammed or missing.

Quote from: Superfly
The rules are simple: Don't be a dick.
Quote from: hitech
It was skuzzy's <----- fault.
Quote from: Pyro
We just witnessed a miracle and I want you to @#$%^& acknowledge it!