Author Topic: CH Control Manager Programing  (Read 916 times)

Offline fwav8or

• Zinc Member
      • "Bloody Hundredth"
CH Control Manager Programing
« on: May 09, 2011, 07:09:38 AM »
Good morning all!  :salute
I just bought a CH Fighterstick, Pro Throttle, Pro Pedals and have reviewed the Dummies Guide to the Control Manager, but have a few questions for any experts out there.

1.) I have set my Throttle Button 1 as my mode select (The button on the mini joystick), but when I press the button on my actual joystick (The one located on the right side of the CH Fightersick), it still changes the LEDs on the Fighterstick.  So how do I know what mode I am in?

2.) How do I make the whole shift command work?  I am trying to assign the right side button on the joystick (the one mentioned above) to be my Channel Communication button, and then I want to be able to hit the pinky button (as SHIFT) and press the same right side button on the joystick and it be my Range Communication.

3.) And lastly, how do I program/script it so that my mini joystick on the throttle acts more like 4 different buttons (depending on which way you push it) instead of like a joystick or mouse?  What I am trying to do is make that joystick to where I can scroll around the clipboard map with it.

I know that is probably a lot of info, but any help would be greatly appreciated.

"Bloody Hundredth"
"If we maintain our faith in God, love of freedom, and superior global air power, the future of the US looks good."
- General Curtis Lemay

Offline Blagard

• Nickel Member
Re: CH Control Manager Programing
« Reply #1 on: May 09, 2011, 12:30:56 PM »
Wow, you really are throwing yourself into it!

To be honest, Initially I would not bother with different CH modes or writing script files.

Each device Throttle and Stick has it's own mode and mode switch. By default they are the ones you have mentioned (Ministick press button and index finger stick button). You can ignore the changing LED's if you just assign commands to the buttons without using the CH modes, in other words the devices all operate in mode 1 regardless of the LEDs.

I once thought of using the mode function for assigning a completly different set of commands to the buttons so that I would have an aircraft set and a GV set. But since AH also has modes (not the same thing as the CH manager modes) I have found I didn't have to. I like to keep it simple!

As for your radio buttons why not just assign the right index button to channel and the pinky to range?

There are script files done by others to make the ministick behave like a hat switch. If you search the forum you might find links to them or perhaps in CH's own forum. You can then down load and try them. If you are able to write script files, then no doubt other CH users will be coming to you for advice!

Once you have the hang of using one set (in mode 1) and still feel the need to assign different commands to certain buttons by CH mode switching then go for it.

Edit: I have just taken a peek at the CH forum and that is definately the best place to go for the programming information you are really after.
« Last Edit: May 09, 2011, 12:51:22 PM by Blagard »

Offline fwav8or

• Zinc Member
      • "Bloody Hundredth"
« Reply #2 on: May 09, 2011, 01:23:32 PM »
Thank you sir, that is both great advice and some very useful information.  Thanks for your post.  I will keep it simple, learn the controls (and the game), and then worry about programming and scripts.

Cheers!  :salute

"Bloody Hundredth"
"If we maintain our faith in God, love of freedom, and superior global air power, the future of the US looks good."
- General Curtis Lemay

Offline Blagard

• Nickel Member
« Reply #3 on: May 09, 2011, 01:39:47 PM »
Glad it was helpful

I did out of interest look at the Shift function which is very simple.

Just check the shift box on the pinky - nothing else, everything else blank. Your pinky is now a shift key.
On the index finger button just enter t for unshifted on press
enter  F12 for the shifted function on press
DX mode box, shift box - all unchecked

It worked for me when I tested it. The pinky button will then give you a second (shifted) command on all your buttons, got to be enough for starters!
 ;)

Don't forget to save and download the map to the devices to make it work!

Final thought - If you use the shift function beware. If your trigger button does not have the same shifted function as unshifted, you might find your guns don't work when you talk to some-one on Range!
« Last Edit: May 09, 2011, 01:59:10 PM by Blagard »

Offline fwav8or

• Zinc Member
      • "Bloody Hundredth"
« Reply #4 on: May 09, 2011, 01:55:21 PM »
Outstanding!  It worked!  That was partially what I was doing wrong... not downloading it to the controllers.  Thanks!  I'm recommending you for AH2 member of the month.  :cheers:

"Bloody Hundredth"
- General Curtis Lemay

Offline Mar

• Gold Member
« Reply #5 on: May 09, 2011, 06:25:55 PM »
I've been fooling around with the control manager and can do a few scripts, give me a shout if you need help with some of the advanced functions.
𝒻𝓇𝑜𝓂 𝓉𝒽𝑒 𝓈𝒽𝒶𝒹𝑜𝓌𝓈 𝑜𝒻 𝓌𝒶𝓇'𝓈 𝓅𝒶𝓈𝓉 𝒶 𝒹𝑒𝓂𝑜𝓃 𝑜𝒻 𝓉𝒽𝑒 𝒶𝒾𝓇 𝓇𝒾𝓈𝑒𝓈 𝒻𝓇𝑜𝓂 𝓉𝒽𝑒 𝑔𝓇𝒶𝓋𝑒

"Onward to the land of kings—via the sky of aces!"
  Oh, and zack1234 rules. :old:

Offline CRYPTIC

• Nickel Member
      • 365th-FBG  HELL HAWKS
« Reply #6 on: May 19, 2011, 09:43:54 PM »
I can give you a hand if needed PM me and we can talk. I can call you and get you set up .The CHCM can be tricky till you learn it. I have a CMC file that would help and a few scripts that you might like. I personal don't use the modes but do use the shift.
365th-FBG Hell Hawks XO
365th-FBG Hell Hawks