Author Topic: Nakajima Ki-43 Hayabusa ("Oscar")  (Read 40170 times)

Offline HighTone

• Silver Member
      • Squad Site
Re: Nakajima Ki-43 Hayabusa ("Oscar")
« Reply #45 on: May 15, 2011, 12:05:42 PM »
I was just thinking that if we got the II with all of the gun packs, then the CM's could just limit the Gun pack of the II to the I's most common loadout for the early war setups. Best of both worlds.

LCA Special Events CO     LCA ~Tainan Kokutai~       
www.lcasquadron.org      Thanks for the Oscar HTC

Offline olds442

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
« Reply #46 on: May 15, 2011, 12:19:55 PM »
:noid PBY-5A  :noid

Edit: I'm sorry let me reiterate so people don't think me ignorant. we still do think your ingnorant
1) Ki-43 only has 2 12.7mm machine gun with 250 rpg. Bearly enough to kill someone unless a very good shot.i can get a kill in the SBD5 anyday
2) Even PBY has more guns and payload but is big fat week airframe
3) Ki-43 would be even bigger hanger queen then PBY would ever be. the G4M1 is a hanger qreen who cares i fly them from time to time plus the PBY sucks
PBY sucks because:

1) has no role
2) even if it has more guns its not a fighter so it can not turn
3) PBY is not even near has good has the KI43 in defending itself
4) KI43 is needed in the SEA arena the PBY is not
only a moron would use Dolby positioning in a game.
IGN: cutlass "shovels and rakes and implements of destruction"

Offline Ack-Ack

• Radioactive Member
      • FlameWarriors
« Reply #47 on: May 15, 2011, 01:41:35 PM »
PBY sucks because:

1) has no role
2) even if it has more guns its not a fighter so it can not turn
3) PBY is not even near has good has the KI43 in defending itself
4) KI43 is needed in the SEA arena the PBY is not

You mean it can't maneuver like a fighter because the PBY could most certainly turn.  It wouldn't have been a very good design decision to make plane that couldn't turn. 

The PBY was a patrol craft with 4 defensive gun positions and was capable of defending itself.  Of course, not being a fighter it was hampered as it could not use maneuvering to help defend itself but it's guns still downed many a Japanese fighters.

ack-ack
"If Jesus came back as an airplane, he would be a P-38." - WW2 P-38 pilot
Elite Top Aces +1 Mexican Official Squadron Song

Offline JOACH1M

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #48 on: May 15, 2011, 02:00:56 PM »
Olds Id like to know why u say the g4m is a hanger queen, the g4m is a goo bomber I use it all the time, great climb speed descent bomb load.

PBY- as with ack ack said can defend itself an has a good torpedo load out of 4 I think. It has defensive guns to ward off some planes.
FEW ~ BK's ~ AoM
Focke Wulf Me / Last Of The GOATS 🐐
ToC 2013 & 2017 Champ
R.I.P My Brothers <3

Offline gyrene81

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #49 on: May 15, 2011, 05:24:33 PM »
PBY- as with ack ack said can defend itself an has a good torpedo load out of 4 I think. It has defensive guns to ward off some planes.
with a top speed of 190mph at 15k wouldn't matter how many defensive guns it had...even a stuka could catch it and bnz it til it went down.
jarhed  
Build a man a fire and he'll be warm for a day...
Set a man on fire and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. - Terry Pratchett

Offline iron650

• Nickel Member
« Reply #50 on: May 15, 2011, 06:16:36 PM »
with a top speed of 190mph at 15k wouldn't matter how many defensive guns it had...even a stuka could catch it and bnz it til it went down.

How about dive and drop the bomb it carried?

Offline Krusty

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #51 on: May 16, 2011, 07:53:14 AM »
Karnak: It wasn't instant. They trickled in. The Ki-43-I was the most common variant well through 1943. Ki-43-II didn't become noticed until later '43, and '44. From what I've read at least.

I was just thinking that if we got the II with all of the gun packs, then the CM's could just limit the Gun pack of the II to the I's most common loadout for the early war setups. Best of both worlds.

What guns options? They'd have 1x 7m and 1x12.7mm, or 2x 12.7mm. That's the only options the Ki-43-II would have.

Offline MachFly

• Platinum Member
« Reply #52 on: May 16, 2011, 07:57:13 AM »
+1 for Ki-43

:rofl, the sad this is that it's true.
"Now, if I had to make the choice of one fighter aircraft above all the others...it would be, without any doubt, the world's greatest propeller driven flying machine - the magnificent and immortal Spitfire."
Lt. Col. William R. Dunn
flew Spitfires, Hurricanes, P-51s, P-47s, and F-4s

Offline PJ_Godzilla

• Gold Member
« Reply #53 on: May 16, 2011, 08:23:51 AM »
I like the idea of the 43 as a pure maneuver fighter. Killing would require saddling up and executing marksmanlike kill shots. I wouldn't want to take on bombers with it but would feel pretty good about using it versus fighters. For an even more extreme example of this type of EW Japanese TnB a/c, we should also get the Ki-27. Consider the hilarity of fighting Ki-27 versus P-40B.

Now, about that Ki-44 Tojo or the J4M...
Some say revenge is a dish best served cold. I say it's usually best served hot, chunky, and foaming. Eventually, you will all die in my vengeance vomit firestorm.

Offline Raptor

• Platinum Member
« Reply #54 on: May 16, 2011, 09:43:47 AM »
For an even more extreme example of this type of EW Japanese TnB a/c, we should also get the Ki-27. Consider the hilarity of fighting Ki-27 versus P-40B.
For all intensive purposes, the D3A makes a good substitute for the ki-27.

Offline Knite

• Silver Member
« Reply #55 on: May 16, 2011, 10:21:19 AM »

Intents and purposes...

*sigh*
Knite

39th FS "Cobra In The Clouds"

I'm basically here to lower the 39th's score :P

Offline Krusty

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #56 on: May 16, 2011, 11:43:00 AM »
Now, now, don't be too harsh about that one. It's a common mistake. I learned it wrong as well, because it's one of those things you pick up verbally rather than in written format. The incorrect words are learned and used until they seem right without knowing the real words.

Offline PJ_Godzilla

• Gold Member
« Reply #57 on: May 16, 2011, 11:51:57 AM »
Let's say I've seen far worse - people using "mute" for "moot" or "animate" for "adamant"... Still, intensive purposes BUGS ilo intents and purposes and he was right to kill it in the crib - and without acrimony.
Some say revenge is a dish best served cold. I say it's usually best served hot, chunky, and foaming. Eventually, you will all die in my vengeance vomit firestorm.

Offline Krusty

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #58 on: May 16, 2011, 11:59:04 AM »
moot/mute bugs me in the same way  :lol

I've seen the worse, too, where folks read a word and then don't know how to say it. It's happened to me (when I was a kid) but some adults I've known couldn't pronounce words like epitome when they read it. "Ep-ihh-tome" (i.e. tome, a volume of litrature)... They had no clue what it was til I corrected them, then the light went on over their heads.

'Course the words I screwed up were mostly aviation related. I read in the books what horizon was (as in, artificial) but when I said it I got it wrong, lol. My excuse was I was probably all of 8 years old. To my defense, I was sitting in a Huey cockpit at an airshow and the pilot was asking me if I knew any of the instruments. I could point out all the major ones, at least.  :D

Offline Karnak

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #59 on: May 16, 2011, 01:21:54 PM »
D3A1 is about 40-50mph slower than the Ki-27.  If we had a D3A2 we'd be much better off in that regard.
Petals floating by,
      Drift through my woman's hand,
             As she remembers me-