Author Topic: Nakajima Ki-43 Hayabusa ("Oscar")  (Read 40167 times)

Offline Scherf

• Gold Member
Re: Nakajima Ki-43 Hayabusa ("Oscar")
« Reply #135 on: August 15, 2011, 06:59:07 PM »
... missions were to be met by the commitment of alerted swarms of fighters, composed of Me 109's and Fw 190's, that were strategically based to protect industrial installations. The inferior capabilities of these fighters against the Mosquitoes made this a hopeless and uneconomical effort. 1.JD KTB

Offline Tank-Ace

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #136 on: August 15, 2011, 07:55:09 PM »
I was really referring to the attitude of "Why do we need the Ki-43-III when the Ki-43-I or -II can just be subbed for it?" while slight differences between the Bf109E-4 and Bf109E-7, as an example, are seen by sometimes the same people as a "must have, needed to fill a gap, addition."

I think its because that when people think of the japanese airforce, they think of the zero, the kate, and the val. Most don't go "Japanese airforce....... oh yeah, they flew the Ki-43, the one with 2 12.7mm mg's!". When they HAVE heard of the hayabusa, they have this image of a fighter tickling a wildcat with its 7.7's only to be turned into a flamming wreck when another wildcat shoots at it.

It also has to do with use. People want what they themselves will use. I for one don't fly the A6M3 except on rare occations and I can say I very apathetic to its addition. On the other hand, I would be thrilled to get a 109E-7, or an F-6 dispite their admitedly modest improvments over the previous version, mostly because I would actually USE them.
You started this thread and it was obviously about your want and desire in spite of your use of 'we' and Google.

"Once more unto the breach"

Offline HighTone

• Silver Member
      • Squad Site
« Reply #137 on: August 15, 2011, 08:01:49 PM »
I think its because that when people think of the japanese airforce, they think of the zero, the kate, and the val. Most don't go "Japanese airforce....... oh yeah, they flew the Ki-43, the one with 2 12.7mm mg's!". When they HAVE heard of the hayabusa, they have this image of a fighter tickling a wildcat with its 7.7's only to be turned into a flamming wreck when another wildcat shoots at it.

It also has to do with use. People want what they themselves will use. I for one don't fly the A6M3 except on rare occations and I can say I very apathetic to its addition. On the other hand, I would be thrilled to get a 109E-7, or an F-6 dispite their admitedly modest improvments over the previous version, mostly because I would actually USE them.

I use the A6M3 and will use the Ki-43 enough to make up for your lack of intrest in it.

+1 to the Ki-43  :rock

LCA Special Events CO     LCA ~Tainan Kokutai~       
www.lcasquadron.org      Thanks for the Oscar HTC

Offline Tank-Ace

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #138 on: August 15, 2011, 08:03:45 PM »
See? HighTone proves my point  :aok.
You started this thread and it was obviously about your want and desire in spite of your use of 'we' and Google.

Offline dj4592

• Zinc Member
« Reply #139 on: August 15, 2011, 08:12:46 PM »
ive been to tillamook air museum..didnt see that plane. all i saw was the sr71 in a pile under the spruce goose. LOL  :airplane:

Offline HighTone

• Silver Member
      • Squad Site
« Reply #140 on: August 17, 2011, 09:12:34 PM »

:pray

Offline Tank-Ace

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #141 on: August 17, 2011, 10:59:13 PM »
                                (Image removed from quote.)
                                                                   :pray

Offline Squire

• Aces High CM Staff (Retired)
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #142 on: August 18, 2011, 12:34:57 AM »
We should only include aircraft in AH that most FPS gamerz are familiar with. Thats why we have the Zero. :rolleyes:
Warloc
Friday Squad Ops CM Team
1841 Squadron Fleet Air Arm
Aces High since Tour 24

Offline HighTone

• Silver Member
      • Squad Site
« Reply #143 on: August 20, 2011, 12:00:27 AM »
It will fill lots of slots in the Special events and will be a blast to fly. Ki-43 will fly in Aces High  :rock

Offline PFactorDave

• Platinum Member
« Reply #144 on: August 20, 2011, 12:03:32 AM »

I use the A6M3 and will use the Ki-43 enough to make up for your lack of intrest in it.

+1 to the Ki-43  :rock

Me too!

I fly all of the Japanese fighters currently in game, except the N1k (just don't like it)...  I frequently use the A6M3 from carriers.  I would use the Ki43 from capped fields when it becomes available.

1st Lieutenant
FSO Liaison Officer
Rolling Thunder

Offline jimson

• AvA Staff Member
  • Platinum Member
      • The Axis vs Allies Arena
« Reply #145 on: August 20, 2011, 01:04:25 AM »
We should only include aircraft in AH that most FPS gamerz are familiar with. Thats why we have the Zero. :rolleyes:

Yes, only the kewlest uber planes appropriate for "Air Quake" need apply.

Offline tmetal

• Gold Member
« Reply #146 on: August 22, 2011, 02:58:09 PM »
Frank, george and zeke are here. Why not add oscar to this sausage fest?  Oh sorry, didn't see you over in the corner there peggy, and might I say your sister Betty is looking so hot, she's on fire!
« Last Edit: August 22, 2011, 03:03:13 PM by tmetal »
The real problem is anyone should feel like they can come to this forum and make a wish without being treated in a derogatory manner.  The only discussion should be centered around whether it would work, or how it would work and so on always in a respectful manner.

-Skuzzy 5/18/17

Offline tonyki61

• Copper Member
« Reply #147 on: August 23, 2011, 07:15:03 AM »
+1 for ki-43II.would be great to see this plane

Offline Slade

• Silver Member
« Reply #148 on: August 24, 2011, 10:58:27 AM »
Was the Ki-43 generally stronger than the Zero?

Did it have self sealing fuel tanks etc.?
-- Flying as X15 --

Offline Tank-Ace

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #149 on: August 24, 2011, 03:04:06 PM »
Nope, not in the slightest.