Author Topic: Here are some TrackIR profiles to try !  (Read 5275 times)

Offline zack1234

• Plutonium Member
Re: Here are some TrackIR profiles to try !
« Reply #15 on: October 28, 2011, 04:15:03 AM »
That screen set up is very nice :)

I always ask this question "How do I convince my Mrs that three screens are essential for my well being "

I have tried to convince her but to no avail  :)

G35 headphones are nice as well :old:

You look like you are good at boxing as well  :)
There are no pies stored in this plane overnight

The GFC
Pipz lived in the Wilderness near Ontario

Offline The Fugitive

• Plutonium Member
      • Fugi's Aces Help
« Reply #16 on: November 09, 2011, 07:36:43 PM »
Well notch, I've been messing with my own setup and have gotten to where I think it's half decent. I decided to try a few other to see how other set these. Well I've downloaded all the ones I can find around here and other threads I dropped them into the "profiles" folder. When I look for them in the TrackIR program I can't find them. Is there some way they must be named to be seen? Any help would be great.

Offline noTch

• Silver Member
      • JV44 Butcher Birds
« Reply #17 on: November 10, 2011, 10:49:28 AM »
Fugitive, if it is in you profile folder, it should be in the drop down menu

AHXARL Lead Campaign Manager/2012-?

My new favorite clip--->http://youtu.be/_2Nn4wAVNOg

Offline Dichotomy

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #18 on: November 14, 2011, 10:28:22 AM »
Dicto you should put them so you have all 3 side by side and set it up that way. triple monitor with track ir is awesome. I made a short video of it here . The only problem is with it, how I had to sit messed my line up of cam and pro clip.

http://youtu.be/bfYOBvFSYNA

Lawndart

I'll check it in a minute.  Looks like it may be late next year on the triple screen for me as Squids TV bzzrrrted Friday and I've been thinking of switching to LCD instead of plasma anyway.  So it made sense to give him one of mine instead of going and buying something that he's going to use for three months. 

Notch I haven't forgotten.  I just didn't tweak yours.  I've acclimated to it
JG11 - Dicho37Only The Proud Only The Strong AH Players who've passed on :salute

Offline The Fugitive

• Plutonium Member
      • Fugi's Aces Help
« Reply #19 on: November 14, 2011, 11:33:47 AM »
I figured out what I did wrong. When I saved the files I renamed them after the author, and those were the names I was looking for. Turns out the program displays the name as it was saved by the author. Most people save them as AH2 or spell of out. AP I have 3 ah2, and a number of aces highs. :)

I got an xml file editor and edited the files to match the names. I'm going thru them as I can. Thanks again.

Offline Strike

• Zinc Member
« Reply #20 on: November 19, 2011, 08:15:42 PM »
Hey like your profile...thanks.  But, i think i still have something wrong.   When looking back, my view is always pushed up tight against the back of seat, therefore no six view...cant see the back of plane any suggestions...thanks in advance. :bhead

Offline noTch

• Silver Member
      • JV44 Butcher Birds
« Reply #21 on: November 20, 2011, 08:23:57 AM »
no not really :(  I have just learned to dealt with it & tried to keep them at my 7 or 5 o'clock so I can see em kill me  :rofl  Seriously, I just look back & lean to the side and I can usually see what is back there.  The only exceptions are the F4U's, the F6F's. Can't really see around them to well :mad:

My favorite thing about this profile is that I can look straight out the front windscreen, then go straight up, turn my head(while still looking up) either way and still track something without it zipping all over the place. 

I will again admit that it does seem a little jerky to a single monitor, but I use it more to see periphery on three monitors with out having to move my head so much.
There is a video of ebfd11's trackir and triple monitors, where he seems to be looking at the edges to see stuff.  When KAZ gave me his profile to try, mine was the same way.  My neck seemed a little sore and precision seemed harder when you moved around a lot along with the difficulty of centering.

With this profile, I can make a pass say through a Vbase and track a gun pit to see if it is still shooting :aok

Offline The Fugitive

• Plutonium Member
      • Fugi's Aces Help
« Reply #22 on: November 20, 2011, 10:14:50 AM »
Notch, your settings are wayyyyyy too quick for me. So far I like Dyran's set-up best. He seems to sit farther back in the seat. When you turn to look back you lean back a bit more and it snaps to a good "6" view, even in the blue planes.

Offline noTch

• Silver Member
      • JV44 Butcher Birds
« Reply #23 on: November 20, 2011, 12:08:39 PM »
yes it is quick, it is designed to lessen the movement of your head.  I tend to use more of my periphery to see stuff when I use it :aok

Pay attention to yourself with other profiles and I bet you are actually turning your eyeballs to the center of the screen to look to the side of the plane while your head is at the opposite corner of the screen.  With practice, looking to the left or right is a matter of small head adjustments not exorcist like movements of your head.

I would love to try Dhyrans if anyone wants to send it to me, just shoot me a pm  :rock

PS   LOVE your cartoons, they get me rollin with laughter.  Keep 'em coming :aok
« Last Edit: November 20, 2011, 12:10:46 PM by noTch »

Offline The Fugitive

• Plutonium Member
      • Fugi's Aces Help
« Reply #24 on: November 20, 2011, 01:46:50 PM »