Author Topic: <S> my fallen Fighter Pilot Hero  (Read 6519 times)

Offline Ardy123

• Gold Member
Re: <S> my fallen Fighter Pilot Hero
« Reply #75 on: May 16, 2011, 02:47:58 PM »
Why do you think my sorrow runs deep?  

I was in heaven when I encountered a Spitfire Mk IX one day over Furball Island, thinking that this was it!  This was the day I was going to meet the Experten of All Experten in a clash of skill (in my mind, one sided as I believed I had no chance at all against the Experten of Experten) that would test my metal to the fullest while hopefully providing somewhat of a challenge to the one I looked up to as a Living God.

Can you imagine my dismay...no, my utter horror to see the one that I had held up to such high esteem go diving past me on the merge and continue until his plane could continue no more and plunged head long into the ground?  

As I continued to fly on in a state of shock at having seen my idol die such an unglamourous death that is usually reserved for the Castrati, my spirits picked up when I again spotted a lone Spitfire Mk IX flying towards me and I can see in the cockpit that it's the one I have looked up to with starry eyes coming back!  YAY!  My hero just had a temporary set back and was coming back to teach me a lesson, one that I was eager to learn as how many chances does a peon like me have to sit at the feet of the Master and learn?

Again, can you imagine my dismay that just using simple vertical maneuvers that every P-38 driver learns on their first day was sufficient enough to gain the advantage over my Hero that led ultimately to his doom?  

Two things died that day...Midway and my innocence.

ack-ack

LOL, pure comedic genius.
Yeah, that's right, you just got your rear handed to you by a fuggly puppet!
==Army of Muppets==
(Bunnies)

Offline Midway

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #76 on: May 16, 2011, 02:54:54 PM »
Why do you think my sorrow runs deep?  

I was in heaven when I encountered a Spitfire Mk IX one day over Furball Island, thinking that this was it!  This was the day I was going to meet the Experten of All Experten in a clash of skill (in my mind, one sided as I believed I had no chance at all against the Experten of Experten) that would test my metal to the fullest while hopefully providing somewhat of a challenge to the one I looked up to as a Living God.

Can you imagine my dismay...no, my utter horror to see the one that I had held up to such high esteem go diving past me on the merge and continue until his plane could continue no more and plunged head long into the ground?  

As I continued to fly on in a state of shock at having seen my idol die such an unglamourous death that is usually reserved for the Castrati, my spirits picked up when I again spotted a lone Spitfire Mk IX flying towards me and I can see in the cockpit that it's the one I have looked up to with starry eyes coming back!  YAY!  My hero just had a temporary set back and was coming back to teach me a lesson, one that I was eager to learn as how many chances does a peon like me have to sit at the feet of the Master and learn?

Again, can you imagine my dismay that just using simple vertical maneuvers that every P-38 driver learns on their first day was sufficient enough to gain the advantage over my Hero that led ultimately to his doom?  

Two things died that day...Midway and my innocence.

ack-ack

Charlatan, I fell for your trap.  I was typing on 200 and sacrificing my aeroplane to help you, having just told me you are a 3 week noob.  You offerred no appreciation for the help other than false FPH praises. :frown:

When we turn fought during our second encounter, I assumed you, as a 3 week noob, would want to have some fun and not be shot down so quickly.  :(

Had you told me the truth and challanged me like a man of honor, the fight would not have been my working to help you, but instead to destroy your silly P38.  :furious

I am the one who is dismayed at your trickery and deceit.  :mad:

What you said is true, there is now one less star in the sky to aspire to reach, and that fallen and now dim star, is AKAK, the charlatan :eek: .   Thankfully, the brightness of Bruv's  :angel: star more than makes up for the loss of yours.

Go now, go in shame, and consider your ways.  I implore you, become a man of peace, truth, and strength, and offer guidance and inspiration instead of traps for your pleasure. :cry :mad:

:old: You have much to learn, Mr. 'Plutonium' AH veteran charlatan.
« Last Edit: May 16, 2011, 03:31:41 PM by Midway »

PARADISE ON EARTH  ------->  http://www.youtube.com/v/g_D4RhfCY2M&autoplay=1&hd=1&fs=1   <-------  PARADISE ON EARTH :)

Offline Vinkman

• Gold Member
« Reply #77 on: May 16, 2011, 02:57:27 PM »
I get a lot of flak from this Midway shade person. I've had some good fights, but the chatter is just sarcastic taunting. I'm not sure what game is afoot here but, am I the only one who thinks that this ankle humping of Bruv119 is sarcasm?

"Something is rotten in the state of Denmark"

:noid

Vinkman
Who is John Galt?

Offline Becinhu

• Gold Member
« Reply #78 on: May 16, 2011, 04:50:30 PM »
Careful folks or we may exceed QUAH! status in this thread.
412th Braunco Mustangs OG
412th FNVG FSO
80th FS "Headhunters" MA

Offline YGSM

• Zinc Member
« Reply #79 on: May 16, 2011, 06:02:08 PM »
Shade Accounts!!!   Nay nobody does that.  Thats ummmmmmmm.........Cheating!!!
The only HO I have every attempted was with a French potato named Miss Francine.  Otherwise I stay away from the HO it makes me very nervous having 20 and 30mm shells whipping by my canopy.

WD Cameron...Army Air Corp  P47d-11 and D-40 France Italy and Germany.

Offline Midway

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #80 on: May 16, 2011, 10:43:09 PM »
So I just went to DA to fight AKAK in spit9 in DA.  I told him he could pick whatever plane he wants and I'll be in my spit9.  I ask him what fuel level he wanted.  He tells me 25%.  I said ok and we're off.  Then oddly  :confused:, he heads in the wrong direction for a while, and then heads my way.  So delays for a bit.

Then when we meet, we turn a couple times  :joystick: and my fuel appears to be empty and I'm gliding to ditch.  He follows me down, shoots me and tells me he won.

How do I trust a charlatan?  I suspected another trick (did he have 50% fuel?).  He's decieved me once already. :uhoh

He refuses to redo the fight and allow me 50% fuel and then says next fight he picks his fav plane.

So he says I lost.  Fine, I lost.  But it sure wasn't a fight in my eyes and appears to me more of a trick.   :frown:

I asked again, let's do this in a fair fight where we both have sufficient fuel to complete the fight and not end up out of fuel.  He refuses and leaves.  :bolt:

AKAK,  I can't trust you yet.  Your unwillingness to fight someone with sufficient fuel to complete the fight is just another odd way you win fights, kind of like telling me you're a 3 week noob the other day.  Why tell people you are a x week noob, other than to deceive and enjoy that tactic?

So, yes, AKAK, you won that fight, I guess based on your definition, and the two the other day.  You beat me in a different kind of way, a way I have no interest in getting good at... because, you see, I don't want to deceive people and be a charlatan.  I don't want to win because someone's fuel is so low they can't spend sufficient time to get on the other's six or to have them think I'm only 3 weeks in the game.  Apparently you do.

Congrats you have accomplished your goal, I believe. :rolleyes:

Maybe we'll run into each other in MA sometime and have real fights since you can't convince me you're new any more or set the parameters of the fuel level in such a way to take advantage of an out of fuel situation.

Was hopeing I could learn something in fighting you.  Guess I did.  :headscratch:
« Last Edit: May 16, 2011, 11:11:27 PM by Midway »

PARADISE ON EARTH  ------->  http://www.youtube.com/v/g_D4RhfCY2M&autoplay=1&hd=1&fs=1   <-------  PARADISE ON EARTH :)

Offline Ack-Ack

• Radioactive Member
      • FlameWarriors
« Reply #81 on: May 16, 2011, 10:45:55 PM »
:old: You have much to learn, Mr. 'Plutonium' AH veteran charlatan.

When you threw down the gauntlet in a challenge to meet at dawn for a duel to reclaim your lost honor and perch amongst the Pantheon of the Gods, I jumped at the chance.  Not to best you so I can proclaim that, I, AKAK, once again shot down a Living God but rather to see the one I held up so high hopefully regain some of his lost glory and fly like the Experten he so proudly proclaims to be.

In hindsight, I now know I was just deceiving myself as I knew you could never reclaim what you never had but I didn't realize it then so I instructed my second to work out the details with yours and the duel was on!  The details were worked out, we would meet and sunrise in Britain's finest plane, the vaunted and beautiful Spitfire Mk IX.  I was a little aprehensive though, this was a plane that I had not flown in a very long time and while it is an easy and forgiving plane, I knew I would be at a disadvantage because of my unfamiliarity.  No worries though, I decided to press on!  We both met at 6,000ft feet in clear, blue skies and both went into the vertical and then came back down but sadly, at the end of it all, I was the only one that remained in the air.

Even though my fallen Fighter Pilot Hero was not able to regain his lost pride, I was going to salute for being a good sport until the cries of a destroyed ego started to wail in the air like a banshee.  "How dare you fight unfair!" came the forth from a wounded Midway, "How dare you!" he repeatedly cried behind his sobs.  I couldn't take it anymore, it is one thing to see a man cry like a newborn baby, it's another to see one that you held in such high regard cry like a 12 year old school girl.

"Oh, you get me ready in your Spit 9
Why don't we go sit down in the shade?
Take shelter on my front porch
The dandelion, sun scorching
Like a glass of cold lemonade?
I will do laundry if you pay all the bills

Where is my Sailor Malan?
Where is my prairie song?
Where is my happy ending?
Where have all the Experten gone?"

Death of a Fallen Pilot Hero (a.k.a AKAK doesn't fight fair)

ack-ack

"If Jesus came back as an airplane, he would be a P-38." - WW2 P-38 pilot
Elite Top Aces +1 Mexican Official Squadron Song

Offline Yeager

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #82 on: May 16, 2011, 10:51:18 PM »
Can you imagine my dismay...no, my utter horror to see the one that I had held up to such high esteem go diving past me on the merge and continue until his plane could continue no more and plunged head long into the ground?  Two things died that day...Midway and my innocence.

ack-ack
Classic  :aok
"If someone flips you the bird and you don't know it, does it still count?" - SLIMpkns

Offline Pawz

• Nickel Member
« Reply #83 on: May 16, 2011, 10:59:33 PM »
If Midway was Russian, his name would be "Шальное Иван".

ack-ack
  :lol
When I die bury me in a P38.

I watch day after day, week after week, tour after tour, the Bishops and Rooks take bases and win maps while the Knights stand there with their thumbs stuck in their butts. It's just pathetic!

Offline Midway

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #84 on: May 16, 2011, 11:01:03 PM »
In hindsight, I now know I was just deceiving myself...

"How dare you fight unfair!" came the forth from a wounded Midway, "How dare you!" he repeatedly cried behind his sobs.ack-ack

:O More deceit?

(1) Not only do you deceive others, but also yourself.  :devil

(2) Those direct quotes you claim were made by me are words I never said.  :frown:   I never used the word 'dare' or anything similar, although I did discuss the fairness issue with you.

How full of deceit are you?   :huh

:old: Please consider your ways.  Become a man of truth, peace, strength, and honor.  I beg of you for I want a worthy oponent one day, as I'm sure others do.

I do appreciate learning from you of this unusual way of winning.  :cheers: I will be aware of it in the future.  

Thank you AKAK, I found the pony in this tragedy.   :salute

Offline Pawz

• Nickel Member
« Reply #85 on: May 16, 2011, 11:08:42 PM »
Pfft, I could get into a debate here, but won't.  Enough with the words, it's time for action.  :mad:
If you really want to know how my spit9 fares against P38s, ask Pawz.   :lol
 :bolt:

Are you kidding me  :O :lol I spanked you all over tt until you had to come in at 15k bnzing in a spit. Everyone knows once you get in trouble you bring the hos out. You give yourself to much credit for an easy mode pilot.
When I die bury me in a P38.

I watch day after day, week after week, tour after tour, the Bishops and Rooks take bases and win maps while the Knights stand there with their thumbs stuck in their butts. It's just pathetic!

Offline Midway

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #86 on: May 16, 2011, 11:14:13 PM »
Are you kidding me  :O :lol I spanked you all over tt until you had to come in at 15k bnzing in a spit. Everyone knows once you get in trouble you bring the hos out. You give yourself to much credit for an easy mode pilot.

Not quite how I remember the few fights we had, but fair enough, you're not convinced yet.  I obviously have more work to do.  We shall meet again.

Offline Ack-Ack

• Radioactive Member
      • FlameWarriors
« Reply #87 on: May 16, 2011, 11:26:38 PM »
So I just went to DA to fight AKAK in spit9 in DA.  He tells me 25% fuel.  He heads in the wrong direction for a bit then heads my way.  So delays for a bit.

The Dueling Arena has a slower fuel burn rate than the main arenas.  The dueling arena fuel burn rate is 1x, whereas the main arena is 2x.  This means fuel burns at a slower rate in the dueling arena than in the main arena.

I took off to the SW, climbed up to around 4,000ft before turning to the North to face you.  It's in the film.

Then when we meet, we turn a couple times  :joystick: and my fuel appears to be empty and I'm gliding to ditch.  He follows me down, shoots me and tells me he won.

We went vertical on the merge, got a shot on you that punctured your fuel tank.  This resulted in your fuel leaking out.  While the fuel burn rate is lower in the dueling arena, unfortunately for you, the fuel leak rate isn't.  If you watch the film I posted, I punctured your fuel tank and you can quickly see all of your fuel leak out until the tank was dry.  Since we were both carrying low fuel loads, it didn't take much to dry your tank.  

How do I trust a charlatan?  I suspected another trick (did he have 50% fuel?).  He's decieved me once already. :uhoh

Watch the film, it shows what fuel load I had and your fuel leak.  The only deception has been from you when you convinced me of your Experten skill, only to break my heart.

He refuses to redo the fight and allow me 50% fuel and then says next fight he picks his fav plane.

The agreement we had was you got to pick the first plane (Spitfire IX) and then the winner would pick the next.  I won, so I picked the next plane.  You kept crying about how I deceived you, how I was unfair and how you wouldn't fight me unless I played fair.  

So he says I lost.  Fine, I lost.  But it sure wasn't a fight in my eyes and appears to me more of a trick.   :frown:

Film says you lost as well.

I asked again, let's do this in a fair fight where we both have sufficient fuel to complete the fight and not end up out of fuel.  He refuses and leaves.  :bolt:

You were given a fair fight and died.  I know I struck a fatal blow to your ego and you can't accept the fact that you were beaten, not only by me but in a plane you consider to be your best.  After listening to you cry about how unfair I was or how you wouldn't fight me because unless I fought fair, I left.  The next fight would have been no different, you would have cried about me being unfair again because you're just that kind of player.

AKAK,  I can't trust you yet.  Your unwillingness to fight someone with sufficient fuel to complete the fight is just another odd way you win fights, kind of like telling me you're a 3 week noob the other day.  Why tell people you are a x week noob, other than to deceive and enjoy that tactic?

Again, watch the film.  You can keep clawing at the "he tricked me with the fuel" line but we all know who got bent over the couch.

So, yes, AKAK, you won that fight, I guess based on your definition, and the two the other day.

By anyone's definition really.

Your beat me in a different kind of way, a way I have no interest in getting good at... because, you see, I don't want to deceive people and be a charlatan.  I don't want to win because someone's fuel is so low they can't spend sufficient time to get on the other's six or to have them think I'm only 3 weeks in the game.  Apparently you do.

We've already covered the fuel thingy, no need to go over that yet again.

Hehe on the 3 week hook, I gotta admit that it doesn't work all that often anymore but when it does, it sure can be fun.  However, you knew already I wasn't a new player because you're a shade account.  The other night you accidentally sent a mistell over Channel 200, thinking you were sending someone a private message where you told the person who you were.  Later on, I asked you to the DA over Channel 200 and when I asked you, I didn't call you Midway, I used the name you told the other person and you replied to me.

So who is the charlatan now?  :t

Congrats you have accomplished your goal, I believe. :rolleyes:

And I had fun too.  :aok

Maybe we'll run into each other in MA sometime and have real fights since you can't convince me you're new any more or set the parameters of the fuel level in such a way to take advantage of an out of fuel situation.

It was funny how when you saw me on the Bish side you immediately changed to Rook side to hunt me down.  Though, I suspect you're not going to be doing that much often, if at all, in the future.

Was hopeing I could learn something in fighting you.  Guess I did.  :headscratch:

Honestly, I don't know if there is anything to learn watching that film.  Not to be mean or anything but speaking from a general training point of view there really isn't anything in that film that is worth using it for training.  Other than the beginning of the film where I'm having a tough time trying to get the plane pointed North, it's a rather uneventful fight of no training value.  But if you learned something, I hope the crow tasted good.

ack-ack
"If Jesus came back as an airplane, he would be a P-38." - WW2 P-38 pilot
Elite Top Aces +1 Mexican Official Squadron Song

Offline grizz441

• Platinum Member
« Reply #88 on: May 16, 2011, 11:59:37 PM »
There is substantial evidence in this thread that the 10 year vet is more skilled than the new player.  Well done.

Offline Midway

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #89 on: May 17, 2011, 12:00:59 AM »
However, you knew already I wasn't a new player because you're a shade account.  The other night you accidentally sent a mistell over Channel 200, thinking you were sending someone a private message where you told the person who you were.  Later on, I asked you to the DA over Channel 200 and when I asked you, I didn't call you Midway, I used the name you told the other person and you replied to me.

So who is the charlatan now?  :t

I agree now on the fuel leak, but the fuel must have been so low and gone so fast I never saw a fuel trail.  This fight ended because of the low fuel, not because you delivered a fatal blow other than a fuel leak hit.  I've learned never to fight with 25% fuel again, as it is too low to survive such a minor hit.  Your years of experience outwitted me.

A fuel leak normally does not stop an engine that quickly.  Good tactic, but one I would not have used to claim a win.  If the situation were reversed and your engine died in the middle of the fight due to lack of fuel, I would immediately have agreed to a rematch because I don't want to kill you and claim a win as you glide to ditch an out of fuel aeroplane.  Perhaps that's fair but I'm not yet that familiar with dueling rules.   I will learn them though over time and may reasses that point of view.

As far as shade account.  I am no shade to anyone.  I have changed ids some and have no problems stating them.  I started in Aug  2010 as viamy, then vMidway, then Midway, then left Feb and Mar for health reasons, came back as Aqua in April, and now back to Midway.  Those are my only ids.   I have no idea what you're talking about with respect to a message on 200 re a shade account.  I have no others and have never used more than one id at a time. :angel:

I did enjoy our exchange but am disappointed in your obvious original deceit and it has made me suspect of all other claims you've made.  I would rather have trusted your words than have you provide proof to overcome my suspicion. :salute
« Last Edit: May 17, 2011, 12:02:45 AM by Midway »