Author Topic: F3 view and the il2  (Read 5917 times)

Offline JOACH1M

• Plutonium Member
Re: F3 view and the il2
« Reply #15 on: May 15, 2011, 09:27:55 AM »
that is a little harsh irish.  

I've fought Ghi in a 109G14 and a 163 and he is a good pilot + shot.   Maybe some noobs somewhere will now be able to horde vulch a field in peace.  It would make me laugh every time he pulled a shot off against friendlies and squaddies.  

Especially JockyM's 262 one day.   :D
Ya 1 day...how about 2 in a week :furious
FEW ~ BK's ~ AoM
Focke Wulf Me / Last Of The GOATS 🐐
ToC 2013 & 2017 Champ
R.I.P My Brothers <3

Offline R 105

• Silver Member
« Reply #16 on: May 15, 2011, 10:21:23 AM »
 Of Course F-3 mode is a huge advantage if you don't think so go to the DA for 10 minutes and fly against the DA Queens. They are the Red Barron and Erich Hartmann all rolled into one in there because of F-mode. The same is true of the IL-2 in the MA. Now that the IL-2 has no F-3 mode HTC needs to take a look at some new cockpit views for it. If it is a fighter type aircraft now it needs fighter view to go with it.

Offline JUGgler

• Persona Non Grata
  • Silver Member
« Reply #17 on: May 15, 2011, 10:25:44 AM »
Why?

cause it has a "fixed forward firing gun"

if it's good for the goose then it's good for the gander   :aok

JUGgler
Army of Muppets

Offline AWwrgwy

• Platinum Member
« Reply #18 on: May 15, 2011, 10:52:56 AM »
If it is a fighter type aircraft now it needs fighter view to go with it.

:headscratch: ?

wrongway
71 (Eagle) Squadron
"THAT"S PAINT!!"

"If nothing else works, a total pig-headed unwillingness to look facts in the face will see us through."
- General Sir Anthony Cecil Hogmanay

Offline IrishOne

• Silver Member
« Reply #19 on: May 15, 2011, 10:56:24 AM »
Of Course F-3 mode is a huge advantage if you don't think so go to the DA for 10 minutes and fly against the DA Queens. They are the Red Barron and Erich Hartmann all rolled into one in there because of F-mode. The same is true of the IL-2 in the MA. Now that the IL-2 has no F-3 mode HTC needs to take a look at some new cockpit views for it. If it is a fighter type aircraft now it needs fighter view to go with it.

the fact that you cant see out of it is the whole point.   all that armor comes at a price, that price is visibility.  if you gave it unrealistic views you might as well bring F3 back.   no good.
-AoM-

Offline Masherbrum

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #20 on: May 15, 2011, 11:04:57 AM »

Sorry.    The gaming the game crap is being whittled out and I applaud HTC for it.
-=Most Wanted=-

FSO Squad 412th FNVG
http://worldfamousfridaynighters.com/
Co-Founder of DFC

Offline IrishOne

• Silver Member
« Reply #21 on: May 15, 2011, 11:05:40 AM »
Sorry.    The gaming the game crap is being whittled out and I applaud HTC for it.

QFT
-AoM-

Offline lyric1

• Skinner Team
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #22 on: May 15, 2011, 01:09:28 PM »
Personally don't care as this issue never affected me as I can't hit squat in F3 mode gunning. Storm in a tea cup in my opinion far more gamier things going on than F3 mode shooting.

Offline gyrene81

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #23 on: May 15, 2011, 05:48:40 PM »
cause it has a "fixed forward firing gun"

if it's good for the goose then it's good for the gander   :aok

JUGgler
you've lost it jug...if the 88 was a single engine attack plane or dive bomber ok...but only in ah is it used like a stuka. speaking of which, isn't f3 mode still enabled for the stuka? shouldn't be.
jarhed  
Build a man a fire and he'll be warm for a day...
Set a man on fire and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. - Terry Pratchett

Offline OOZ662

• Platinum Member
« Reply #24 on: May 15, 2011, 06:51:48 PM »
I miss the F3 view in the Il2. Say what you like, but I did have good fun furballing in it and the massive amount of solid armor in the cockpit makes that pretty hard now. I still try, but meh. I'll agree that being able to shoot from F3 mode was a bit much; I always hopped back into F1 for that. I'd rather they had disabled guns when in external view than remove the view, but that's just the opinion of one or two guys against the horde.
A Rook who first flew 09/26/03 at the age of 13, has been a GL in 10+ Scenarios, and was two-time Points and First Annual 68KO Cup winner of the AH Extreme Air Racing League.

Offline Motherland

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #25 on: May 15, 2011, 06:55:26 PM »
you've lost it jug...if the 88 was a single engine attack plane or dive bomber ok...but only in ah is it used like a stuka. speaking of which, isn't f3 mode still enabled for the stuka? shouldn't be.
The Ju 88 had dive brakes for a reason.

Offline IrishOne

• Silver Member
« Reply #26 on: May 15, 2011, 07:05:57 PM »
I miss the F3 view in the Il2. Say what you like, but I did have good fun furballing in it and the massive amount of solid armor in the cockpit makes that pretty hard now. I still try, but meh. I'll agree that being able to shoot from F3 mode was a bit much; I always hopped back into F1 for that. I'd rather they had disabled guns when in external view than remove the view, but that's just the opinion of one or two guys against the horde.

the fact that you cant see out of it is the whole point.   all that armor comes at a price, that price is visibility.  if you gave it unrealistic views you might as well bring F3 back.   no good.
-AoM-

Offline Plazus

• Gold Member
« Reply #27 on: May 15, 2011, 07:07:41 PM »
If it is a fighter type aircraft now it needs fighter view to go with it.

The IL-2 is not a fighter type aircraft.
Plazus
80th FS "Headhunters"

Axis vs Allies

Offline VonMessa

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #28 on: May 15, 2011, 07:11:32 PM »
The Ju 88 had dive brakes for a reason.

You don't say...      :noid
Braümeister und Schmutziger Hund von JG11

We are all here because we are not all there.

Offline OOZ662

• Platinum Member
« Reply #29 on: May 15, 2011, 07:13:23 PM »
trollface.jpg

Wasn't complaining, now was I?
A Rook who first flew 09/26/03 at the age of 13, has been a GL in 10+ Scenarios, and was two-time Points and First Annual 68KO Cup winner of the AH Extreme Air Racing League.