Author Topic: Off line question  (Read 650 times)

Offline badhorse

• Silver Member
Off line question
« on: May 21, 2011, 06:41:33 PM »
Does anyone know if you can change the damage on the offline drones?  I would like to make it the same as it is in the on line arenas. Guess I'm just tired of shooting the wings off and watching the fuselage do brodies around the airfield.
Always try and be the person your dog thinks you are.

Offline bbosen

• Silver Member
      • AskMisterWizard.com
Re: Off line question
« Reply #1 on: May 21, 2011, 09:19:14 PM »
You could exercise some of the offline missions. Some instructions can be found here:

http://techvideoreview.com/FlightSimMovies/AcesHigh/Ah2Missions/Ah2OfflineMissionsFullPage.htm
 :salute

Offline Blagard

• Nickel Member
« Reply #2 on: May 22, 2011, 12:47:17 PM »
Does anyone know if you can change the damage on the offline drones?  I would like to make it the same as it is in the on line arenas. Guess I'm just tired of shooting the wings off and watching the fuselage do brodies around the airfield.

I had a look at that - I can find no options on the Drones other than the ability to assign different A/C or GV's to the pilots. It would seem offline the flightmodel of the drones is a special so they do not fall until destroyed. In the meantime, they are locked into their circuit at a set speed. (would be nice to even vary that). I cannot even find an option to turn them off.

If you know some-one who will play head to head, you could host your own practice session until he gets tired of dying  ;)

Offline B-17

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
« Reply #3 on: May 22, 2011, 01:00:06 PM »
I had a look at that - I can find no options on the Drones other than the ability to assign different A/C or GV's to the pilots. It would seem offline the flightmodel of the drones is a special so they do not fall until destroyed. In the meantime, they are locked into their circuit at a set speed. (would be nice to even vary that). I cannot even find an option to turn them off.

If you know some-one who will play head to head, you could host your own practice session until he gets tired of dying  ;)

two things to say:

to the OP:
you can sorta change how the drones are affected, by changing how your weapons' damage works. try that.

to blagard: you dont have to destroy them: a few times, ive managed to hole thier fuel/oil tanks, and they go down in flames (pretty :D ) and sometimes you can just put enough holes in them that they roll over and die.
also, what do you mean by head to head?

Offline Blagard

• Nickel Member
« Reply #4 on: May 22, 2011, 02:25:11 PM »
to blagard: what do you mean by head to head?

Err - Ooer we can't do that anymore! - Was a time when you could host like a minigame without access to HTC arena's. I used it once - Never noticed it was removed. So now you would need account access for the dueling Arena.

I did try heavily damaging the drones but without they do keep going (like one wing removed and burning) I left them like that to see if they would blow up or go down they didn't. Also I looked for options to change damage in the arena and tried a few things but nothing affected the drones. If you can be specific on what will affect them more to meet the intent of the OP then post it

Offline B-17

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
« Reply #5 on: May 22, 2011, 02:33:38 PM »
By going to Options (on the clipboard) --> Environment --> Arena Settings, then choosing "Weapons and Damage" from the drop-down, and changing planegun, i think it is. by adjusting the number, you can set how much damage your guns create. does this help?

Offline fuzeman

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #6 on: May 22, 2011, 02:41:53 PM »
By going to Options (on the clipboard) --> Environment --> Arena Settings, then choosing "Weapons and Damage" from the drop-down, and changing planegun, i think it is. by adjusting the number, you can set how much damage your guns create. does this help?

Your solution changes his premise:

<snip> I would like to make it the same as it is in the on line arenas. <snip>

Changing things so a single .303 can kill a B-17 does no good and [Three Stooges Voice, please] certainly is different than online.

Offline drones fly until killed, can't change those settings at all. As was mentioned offline missions are closest thing we have.
Far too many, if not most, people on this Board post just to say something opposed to posting when they have something to say.

"Masters of the Air" Scenario - JG54