Author Topic: What to say to my ISP?  (Read 1784 times)

Offline xcom

• Zinc Member
What to say to my ISP?
« on: May 23, 2011, 02:17:33 PM »
Hi,

I have problems of slow reaction online, i mean when i click on "roster" for example it takes about 15 secs for it to open... same goes for changing bases and getting into the hanger.

Ping plotter shows 23 hops, about 200 ping. 100% packet loss through all the hops.

I understand that i should tell my ISP to open ports 2000-6000, I will ask for that.
Also i understood that i am behind some kind of checkpoint security and therefore probebly getting these connection problems... my ISP suggested to give me another hop through his switches/routers that will open outside connection but to a diffrent IP, will this resolve the issue at hand here? or should i just ask to be moved to be moved to a less secured connection through the main IP?

Thanks in advance!

Offline Tigger29

• Gold Member
Re: What to say to my ISP?
« Reply #1 on: May 23, 2011, 03:09:56 PM »
That sounds like incredibly strange behavior for an ISP.  Who exactly *IS* your ISP?  Where are you located?

Offline The Fugitive

• Plutonium Member
      • Fugi's Aces Help
« Reply #2 on: May 23, 2011, 03:34:40 PM »
...and if your getting 100% packet lose thru ALL of the hops that means your computer is the first place to start as its the first hop. Post a picture of what pingplotter looks like.

Offline xcom

• Zinc Member
« Reply #3 on: May 23, 2011, 04:44:58 PM »
Well my ISP is a buisness ISP so he deals directly with customers requirements and not like the regular ISP enterprises.

Pingplotter:

« Last Edit: May 23, 2011, 04:46:53 PM by xcom »

Offline fuzeman

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #4 on: May 23, 2011, 06:13:12 PM »
Hi,

I have problems of slow reaction online, i mean when i click on "roster" for example it takes about 15 secs for it to open... same goes for changing bases and getting into the hanger.

Ping plotter shows 23 hops, about 200 ping. 100% packet loss through all the hops.

I understand that i should tell my ISP to open ports 2000-6000, I will ask for that.
Also i understood that i am behind some kind of checkpoint security and therefore probebly getting these connection problems... my ISP suggested to give me another hop through his switches/routers that will open outside connection but to a diffrent IP, will this resolve the issue at hand here? or should i just ask to be moved to be moved to a less secured connection through the main IP?

Thanks in advance!

Outdated information. From Skuzzy's post : http://bbs.hitechcreations.com/smf/index.php/topic,68316.0.html

In this post, I will try to give you helpful information on how to interpret your connection to the various servers that HiTech Creations deploys.

First, the server IP addresses, to be used for traces/ping plots.

Axis vs Allies, Dueling, Early, Mid, Late War Blue: 206.16.60.39
All WW1 Dogfight Arenas, Training, Late War Orange, Late War Off Hours, Titanic Tuesday: 206.16.60.41
Special Events: 206.16.60.38

The current port range for all arenas in Aces High is 2000-7000, inclusive, for UDP and TCP.  Aces High will use a random subset of those ports for all online play.
Far too many, if not most, people on this Board post just to say something opposed to posting when they have something to say.

"Masters of the Air" Scenario - JG54

Offline xcom

• Zinc Member
« Reply #5 on: May 24, 2011, 01:36:07 AM »
Hey,

I also did a trace to the main arenas -

seems like at the last hop i can see 3% packet loss instead of 100% out of every hop.

Offline fuzeman

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #6 on: May 24, 2011, 06:45:58 PM »
Generally speaking, once you have some packet loss, results from hops after that are not that accurate. I believe some wise sage has said that.
[ .41 was a main arena. ]
Far too many, if not most, people on this Board post just to say something opposed to posting when they have something to say.

"Masters of the Air" Scenario - JG54

Offline xcom

• Zinc Member
« Reply #7 on: June 05, 2011, 05:02:16 PM »
BUMP....

I'm not getting any assistance from HTC on this problem... so far my account is getting billed but I am unable to play online... what am i paying for exactly???
I would like to know exactly what to say to the ISP so this problem can be resolved if this is actualy an ISP problem.

Offline The Fugitive

• Plutonium Member
      • Fugi's Aces Help
« Reply #8 on: June 05, 2011, 05:19:21 PM »
Did you call them? Their phone number is on the main page. As to "why" HTC has to help you talk to your ISP, I think you may have a problem there. Your ISP is YOUR problem. If you need more info to relay to your ISP CALLing HTC may work better, ans faster.

Offline xcom

• Zinc Member
« Reply #9 on: June 05, 2011, 07:50:32 PM »
I have no trouble playing other online simulators... with servers all over the world.
This is the only simulator I am having trouble with! and this is also the only simulator i pay for online gaming, thats quite annoying.

Therefore this issue should be solved or atleast be researched and directed to some resoulotion by HTC as I'm a paying customer!
I also sent an Email to HTC about this problem and the only response i got is that there are no refunds.

Offline The Fugitive

• Plutonium Member
      • Fugi's Aces Help
« Reply #10 on: June 05, 2011, 08:01:34 PM »
That is because they do not control the internet. With hundreds of people playing at this minute it seems as if their equipment is working fine. Your ping shows a terrible connection, which there really is nothing they can work on. Either your computers doesn't have the ports open, your firewall, your router or modem doesn't have the ports open, or your ISP is blocking the connection. None of which HTC has any control over. The sticky at the top of the thread about connections has all the info you need to connect.

Did you Read this thread?

Offline Tigger29

• Gold Member
« Reply #11 on: June 06, 2011, 01:41:20 PM »
If it bothers you that you're paying for a service you can't use, then cancel you account.

Once you get things sorted out with your ISP you can always start a new account.

Offline LThunderpocket

• Persona Non Grata
  • Nickel Member
« Reply #12 on: June 09, 2011, 12:56:47 AM »
that they suck
"no sir,it's kind of like playing Lone Ranger,but no one has to be Tonto.its a game everyone wins"
-Cpl Fish
"I refuse to be a role model
I set goals, take control, drink out my own bottles"
-Tupac

Offline Skuzzy

• Support Member
  • Administrator
      • HiTech Creations Home Page
« Reply #13 on: June 09, 2011, 08:54:35 AM »
I have no idea what you want to hear.  We have no control over local or Internet related connection issues.  You have already gone through what I would have suggested and you seem to have found it to be either local, or with your ISP.  At this point, there is nothing we (HTC) can do.

You need to provide all of this to your ISP and have them look into it.
Roy "Skuzzy" Neese
support@hitechcreations.com

Offline guncrasher

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #14 on: June 14, 2011, 03:30:12 AM »
just throwing it out there.  business isp, you sure there isnt a firewall somewhere blocking you?

semp
you dont want me to ho, dont point your plane at me.