Author Topic: A film you history buffs my like  (Read 653 times)

Offline VAMPIRE 2?

• Copper Member
412TH braunco mustangs <--or so I hope lol

Offline LLogann

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
      • Candidz.com
Re: A film you history buffs my like
« Reply #1 on: May 24, 2011, 04:18:33 PM »
Cute fiction   :salute
See Rule #4
Now I only pay because of my friends.

Offline VAMPIRE 2?

• Copper Member
« Reply #2 on: May 24, 2011, 04:45:55 PM »
Cute fiction   :salute

yes It's about what could have been, and  shows all Hitler's detailed plans for Britain
 It's a very factual fiction...

Offline theNewB

• Copper Member
      • http://www.greatergermany.net
« Reply #3 on: May 24, 2011, 05:52:42 PM »
Hmm Can't watch cause I'm Canadian. I do remember it being aired on Hisotry channel and enjoyed it. Factual and quite entertaining, could always use more "what if" type shows. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ih5GGKQUd6E - Link for the YouTube one
« Last Edit: May 24, 2011, 07:54:00 PM by theNewB »

Offline VAMPIRE 2?

• Copper Member
« Reply #4 on: May 25, 2011, 11:28:57 AM »
Hmm Can't watch cause I'm Canadian. I do remember it being aired on Hisotry channel and enjoyed it. Factual and quite entertaining, could always use more "what if" type shows. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ih5GGKQUd6E - Link for the YouTube one

how do they restrict who watches what because of the country they live in? oh man just pisses me off, internet needs to be left free like it was ment to be....

Offline Blagard

• Nickel Member
« Reply #5 on: May 25, 2011, 03:37:01 PM »
how do they restrict who watches what because of the country they live in? oh man just pisses me off, internet needs to be left free like it was ment to be....
Free is OK but still you have to have rules - otherwise you get anarchy. The rules are different in each country so I think the provider is saying they can't stream this particular information outside the US. (They may be able to do so, if they eventually sorts out the associated admin or it's just hype.)

On the topic, I may have seen some of it. In recent years a lot of stuff has been revealed that is really eye opening. Defensive installations designed and built for defenders to fight in to the last man and things like that. The program was based upon the factual plans. But how those plans would have played out if another thing.

Offline GNucks

• Silver Member
      • VF-17 "Jolly Rogers"
« Reply #6 on: May 25, 2011, 03:53:03 PM »
Hulu generally streams American television shows to American audiences, that's just how it is. I can't stream Top Gear episodes off of BBC. I think it's more of an ad revenue vs bandwidth issue than anything else.

EDIT after Tigger's post: Yeah, copyright laws, that makes the most sense actually.
« Last Edit: May 25, 2011, 03:58:57 PM by GNucks »

Rebel - Inactive
An amateur trains until he gets it right, a professional until he can't get it wrong.
vf-17.webuda.com

Offline Tigger29

• Gold Member
« Reply #7 on: May 25, 2011, 03:54:28 PM »

It's done by IP address... not of your specific computer so much but also by the ISP.  It's not difficult at all to determine.  Different countries handle things differently.  Blagard just proved that not everyone shares our mentality when it comes to these things.

A big reason for this case has little to do with Canada "blocking" it from being viewed by their citizens... it's more about money and copyright laws.  Hulu probably has written permission in the form of a contract to provide that video over the internet but that contract is only valid in the US hence blocking it from other countries.

Free is OK but still you have to have rules - otherwise you get anarchy. The rules are different in each country so I think the provider is saying they can't stream this particular information outside the US. (They may be able to do so, if they eventually sorts out the associated admin or it's just hype.)

I could tell instantly just from reading your post that you weren't from the US.  Your post insinuates that people are not capable of self-regulation and that if the government doesn't get involved to provide "order" that the entire system will collapse.  You have to keep in mind that the government over here was based on getting away from that kind of attitude, and as a result we see things a bit differently.  I can't really go into any more details though for obvious reasons.

Offline Blagard

• Nickel Member
« Reply #8 on: May 25, 2011, 04:05:08 PM »
I could tell instantly just from reading your post that you weren't from the US.  Your post insinuates that people are not capable of self-regulation and that if the government doesn't get involved to provide "order" that the entire system will collapse.  You have to keep in mind that the government over here was based on getting away from that kind of attitude, and as a result we see things a bit differently.  I can't really go into any more details though for obvious reasons.

I was actually reading the block message that came up when I hit the link. the admin in this case appears to be certain "rights" I will post screen shots so you can read for yourself. So the rules in this case are to sort out the copyright. "anarchy" is not the best choice of words - obviously because you read into it something not intended - But what the heck ....Free speech rules

Edit: forget the screen shots - you don't need them
« Last Edit: May 25, 2011, 04:13:55 PM by Blagard »

Offline Volron

• Platinum Member
« Reply #9 on: May 26, 2011, 12:52:33 AM »
That was definitely worth watching.  Thanks for posting Vamp. :aok
Quote from: hitech
Wow I find it hard to believe it has been almost 38 days since our last path. We should have release another 38 versions by now  :bhead
HiTech
Quote from: Pyro
Quote from: Jolly
What on Earth makes you think that i said that sir?!
My guess would be scotch.

Offline Rob52240

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
      • My AH Films
« Reply #10 on: May 26, 2011, 12:57:39 AM »
I had to use a proxy server to get my BBC Iplayer to work since I'm American.  There's tons of official content on the web that's not available outside it's own country.
If I had a gun with 3 bullets and I was locked in a room with Bin Laden, Hitler, Saddam and Zipp...  I would shoot Zipp 3 times.

Offline lulu

• Silver Member
« Reply #11 on: May 27, 2011, 09:39:29 AM »
Vampire 2?

:headscratch:

To be or not?

:rofl
mobilis in mobile

Offline VAMPIRE 2?

• Copper Member
« Reply #12 on: May 27, 2011, 01:15:38 PM »
Vampire 2?

:headscratch:

To be or not?

:rofl

it said my tag was used.... but there is no other vampire that I can find so goes the 2 and the ? <--

It was good to watch, they were plans by Hitler to take over Britain, and no they didn't play out as planed, or things would be much different now...

as for the internet,  www<--stands for world wide web,  world wide is self explanatory, and as for web, I think it was intended to mean , entwined and linked, or even accessible.  when things are posted on the web  they should be public and free... and as for services, then thats a different story all together then,  BUT if your pay for the service why can't you access all they have to offer, thats crap,   hey, Aces high is out of the U.S. and people play it in Europe, why can't canadians watch Hulu?   I'm not looking for the technical babel, I just don't agree with how everything has to have restrictions, the only people that need restrictions are children, and thats in attempt to mold them in to the people we would like them to be... so don't raise criminals, to the extent that we have to continue baby sitting people well into adulthood.

Offline Goat1

• Nickel Member
« Reply #13 on: May 28, 2011, 09:06:03 PM »
Just watched it, was interesting.
"Go in close, and when you think you are too close, go in closer." — Major Thomas B. 'Tommy' McGuire, USAAF

Offline Rolex

• AH Training Corps
  • Gold Member
« Reply #14 on: May 29, 2011, 04:00:31 AM »
The owner of the work sells the rights to display their copyrighted material. Lulu pays for the rights to distribute the content within the US. It would have to pay more for the international distribution rights, plus the rights would have to be individually negotiated, but it chooses not to because its advertisers are not willing to pay more for coverage in areas where they have no sales or presence. Also, in some cases, a local distributor has bought the rights to display the work.

In the case of Hulu, they have chosen to not buy the rights for anywhere outside the US.