Author Topic: new tanks getting tired and falling over into a coma!  (Read 1480 times)

Offline WWhiskey

• Gold Member
new tanks getting tired and falling over into a coma!
« on: May 25, 2011, 08:38:22 AM »
don't get me wrong,, I love the new tanks!!! :aok the controls are pretty nice and only a few little things for me to iron out yet,  but they seem to just fall over at the drop of a hat,  I clipped the point of a little ridge not more than a foot high retaliative to the tank and it just fell over,  I ran into a building while firing instead of driving and it stopped like it was supposed to do but then after a second, it flips over on its side and I'm stuck, trees have the same effect, not all of them tip me over if I am putting no input in, the tank will just stop, but if I see the tree and try to go around,, it will flip me over every time, this still wouldn't be a big problem if they didn't cost so much but at 25 to 50 perks, losing a tank to a tree or little bump in the road is ridiculous! I never see pictures of WW2 tanks laying on there sides unless they were blown up, they are big heavy beasts and should be planted firmly on the ground!
Just my .02 cents :bolt:
Flying since tour 71.

Offline Scotty55OEFVet

• Nickel Member
Re: new tanks getting tired and falling over into a coma!
« Reply #1 on: May 25, 2011, 11:04:47 AM »
Experience the same stuff Whiskey. Was driving into town other day with my Wirb and its 8 Aircraft Downed Stenciled on the barrel to show my compatriots of the marsmanship of my gunnery, corner of my wirb hits the corner of the small stone wall on the bridge, and instantly I was flipped over and layin their. Now, this would not have been so bad but as I ended sortie (now, I am flipped over on the concrete road) it gave me a ditch. This needs to be fixed please.

+2 :aok
"War can only be abolished through war...in order to get rid of the gun it is necessary to take up the gun."

RedDevil

Offline gyrene81

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #2 on: May 25, 2011, 11:52:15 AM »
i feel for ya bud...of all the things that really could use a fix it's the sudden gravity defying acts of tanks that can cause some serious angst.
jarhed  
Build a man a fire and he'll be warm for a day...
Set a man on fire and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. - Terry Pratchett

Offline MK-84

• Gold Member
« Reply #3 on: May 25, 2011, 03:56:47 PM »
I've noticed since the last version it is much harder to roll a GV now.   :cheers:

That being said a tree picked up my tiger and dropped me on my head last night :uhoh

Offline iron650

• Nickel Member
« Reply #4 on: May 25, 2011, 04:21:45 PM »
see the tree and try to go around,, it will flip me over every time, this still wouldn't be a big problem if they didn't cost so much but at 25 to 50 perks,

They spiral out of control, they flip, etc. And, in all the WWII clips all I see when tanks move is when they hit down a tree.

Offline icepac

• Platinum Member
« Reply #5 on: May 25, 2011, 05:53:17 PM »
The tiger seems to tip far more easily as of recently but most of the others I see are the same.

The automatic transmission in shift/w mode will cause a tank hitting a wall/tree/hedge to flip over rather than  stop as it used to because it shifts down to 1st gear and tries to power on after hitting something.

This only happened before the update if you hit a tree while in 1st gear with any other gear simply stopping the tank without the flipping.

Offline Lepape2

• Nickel Member
      • YouTube musician/video channel
« Reply #6 on: May 26, 2011, 02:15:00 PM »
This whole GV problem has been around ever since the last major terrain update. Its a pain yes and I'm sure HTC is working on it but get used to it I guess. For now, when you up a perked thank, consider your used perks as already lost.
Jug Movie 1 - Hunt or Prey
Jug Movie 2 - The Jug's Tail

Offline Seanaldinho

• Silver Member
« Reply #7 on: May 26, 2011, 05:48:34 PM »
Yeah, backing up into a hill i flipped my panther...  :cry

Offline AWwrgwy

• Platinum Member
« Reply #8 on: May 26, 2011, 11:10:57 PM »
I've noticed since the last version it is much harder to roll a GV now.   :cheers:

That being said a tree picked up my tiger and dropped me on my head last night :uhoh

You think?

They sure seem to roll easier when you get airborne at an angle or get on a slope. Seems rather... realistic.

OP, how fast were you going when you hit the ridge?

A 19Kilo I work with told me about almost flipping an M-1 on a slope once.

wrongway
71 (Eagle) Squadron
"THAT"S PAINT!!"

"If nothing else works, a total pig-headed unwillingness to look facts in the face will see us through."
- General Sir Anthony Cecil Hogmanay

Offline BaDkaRmA158Th

• Gold Member
« Reply #9 on: May 27, 2011, 05:02:08 PM »
What happens when you take 20-30+ tons, moving at 25mph+ and roll it, it keeps going.

Something the old takes were always* missing, realistic physics.
~383Rd RTC/CH BW/AG~
BaDfaRmA

My signature says "Our commitment to diplomacy will never inhibit our willingness to kick a$s."

Offline R 105

• Silver Member
« Reply #10 on: May 28, 2011, 10:12:17 AM »
 While closing Revenna arsenal in 1979 the Army sent a group of NCO's from Ft. Knox Kentucky to load tanks onto rail road flat cars for transport to Ft.Knox I was one of these NCO's. Most of the tanks were M-48A5s. Each tank was driven over 8 or 9 flat cars so the first tanks loaded had to be driven the longest over the flat cars.

The rail road loading platform was built on a raised rail bed and on one side it was maybe 50 ft down a steep grade into a Creek. This was dead of winter and ice was on the rail cars. The second tank that was loaded slid off the rail car and dropped about 6 feet and slid to the bottom on this very steep grade into the Creek below. It slid down the grade from the side and mowed over several small trees on it's way. At no time did it even looked like it was going to roll over. I was the ground guide five feet away at the time this happened.

I am retired Army with an MOS of 19D30. We are all cross train in it all the armored vehicles the military used. (M-48A5 M-60A1 the Sheridan and the  M113 armor personal Carrier. I have seen all these vehicles in all kinds of terrain crossing tank traps in training. NEVER have I saw one of them roll over
or even come close. Now throwing at track for no apparent reason at the drop of a hat yes but roll over never. Yet here it Aces High land they roll over hitting a shrub. You got to ask yourself do you think a little shrub can roll over a 70 ton tank???? The M-3 model we have in AH is a much better model for our tanks.

Offline The Fugitive

• Plutonium Member
      • Fugi's Aces Help
« Reply #11 on: May 28, 2011, 10:45:28 AM »
While closing Revenna arsenal in 1979 the Army sent a group of NCO's from Ft. Knox Kentucky to load tanks onto rail road flat cars for transport to Ft.Knox I was one of these NCO's. Most of the tanks were M-48A5s. Each tank was driven over 8 or 9 flat cars so the first tanks loaded had to be driven the longest over the flat cars.

The rail road loading platform was built on a raised rail bed and on one side it was maybe 50 ft down a steep grade into a Creek. This was dead of winter and ice was on the rail cars. The second tank that was loaded slid off the rail car and dropped about 6 feet and slid to the bottom on this very steep grade into the Creek below. It slid down the grade from the side and mowed over several small trees on it's way. At no time did it even looked like it was going to roll over. I was the ground guide five feet away at the time this happened.

I am retired Army with an MOS of 19D30. We are all cross train in it all the armored vehicles the military used. (M-48A5 M-60A1 the Sheridan and the  M113 armor personal Carrier. I have seen all these vehicles in all kinds of terrain crossing tank traps in training. NEVER have I saw one of them roll over
or even come close. Now throwing at track for no apparent reason at the drop of a hat yes but roll over never. Yet here it Aces High land they roll over hitting a shrub. You got to ask yourself do you think a little shrub can roll over a 70 ton tank???? The M-3 model we have in AH is a much better model for our tanks.

Again, comparing real world with a game. There MUST be allowances made to make the game playable. Don't think of the "bushes" as bushes, think of them as tank traps that must be avoided. The same goes for trees. Think of them as big bellybutton oaks and elms in stead of the small trees you see.

Ya know why all the farms look the same, the villages, the trees, the towns? File size and computing power. To add trees that are huge and make large dense forests and such takes larger file sizes, and more computer power to render. The same goes for bushes and towns and such.

Accept the fact that these "objects" can flip your tank and play accordingly. Fliers accept the fact that if you pull up to hard in an A20 with a few bombs on board your going to shed parts, it's part of the game.

Offline AWwrgwy

• Platinum Member
« Reply #12 on: May 28, 2011, 12:17:54 PM »

Was it SOP to drive through a forest or drive through a forest?

Specifically, did they tell you to drive over a tree or around a tree?

I've heard the same thing about throwing tracks too.

wrongway
71 (Eagle) Squadron
"THAT"S PAINT!!"

"If nothing else works, a total pig-headed unwillingness to look facts in the face will see us through."
- General Sir Anthony Cecil Hogmanay

Offline c H e F

• Zinc Member
      • http://chef561.tripod.com/chefsworld/
« Reply #13 on: May 28, 2011, 11:43:44 PM »
Well if shrubs are tank traps, then make them look like tank traps not shrubs...why the deceit?
"The difference between truth and fiction is that fiction must make sense."~Twain

"Right is right even if no one is doing it. Wrong is wrong even if everyone is doing it." ~St. Augustine

Offline Shuffler

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #14 on: May 31, 2011, 10:15:47 AM »
A small ridge??? So it made a mountain out of a mole hill??   :O
80th FS "Headhunters"

S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning In A Bottle)