Author Topic: UFO: Official Report  (Read 1302 times)

Offline ttflier

• Copper Member
UFO: Official Report
« on: May 25, 2011, 08:47:13 AM »
Pilot Debrief:  20:30 EST 24 May 2011, A233 Main Arena. Just completed bombing run in Republic P47D-40, dropping full ordinance package and sinking an enemy cruiser west of the airbase - no damage taken.  Upon egress and climb out, heading approximately due east, an unusually bright circular object was sighted on my high 12, range unknown.  Applying full military power and starting a climb to intercept the unknown object, it was noted to be 3 dimensional as that it grew in size and detail in my windscreen view.  After about 30 seconds, details of the object came into view - it was bright white and circular with the outer fringes appearing somewhat blurry.  The object had an interior perimeter that was well defined and bright red.  It was obvious that I was closing my distance to the unknown object and at a range I estimated to be about 1000 feet, I fired a burst of 50 cal from my eight guns - no obvious effect.  At that time the object blinked in and out of view completely one time and then disappeared.  One of my squaddies on the ground at A233 during this event later confirmed the sighting to me.

Upon landing, I saved my film of the sortie and proceeded to my desktop to view the object on the gun cameras.  Even though I have 124 successfully saved films, this one did not save successfully and had 0KB volume.

As an addendum, after the sortie (and I am sure? is a coincidence) my hard drive is now giving me bad sector messages and acting up.

ttflier - 91st Bomb Group (H)

(I hope this report doesn't affect my flight status-  :lol

Just as an afterthought and if anyone wants to explore a perspective of the potential of cyberspace manipulation - read the book "Daemon" for a interesting view of the possibilities of MMOG and the global domination of society :D
Tree Top Flier (ttflier)

http://www.91stbombgroup.net

"Bush league pilots just can't get the job done" lyrics by Stephen Stills

Offline olds442

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
Re: UFO: Official Report
« Reply #1 on: May 25, 2011, 09:45:51 AM »
Pilot Debrief:  20:30 EST 24 May 2011, A233 Main Arena. Just completed bombing run in Republic P47D-40, dropping full ordinance package and sinking an enemy cruiser west of the airbase - no damage taken.  Upon egress and climb out, heading approximately due east, an unusually bright circular object was sighted on my high 12, range unknown.  Applying full military power and starting a climb to intercept the unknown object, it was noted to be 3 dimensional as that it grew in size and detail in my windscreen view.  After about 30 seconds, details of the object came into view - it was bright white and circular with the outer fringes appearing somewhat blurry.  The object had an interior perimeter that was well defined and bright red.  It was obvious that I was closing my distance to the unknown object and at a range I estimated to be about 1000 feet, I fired a burst of 50 cal from my eight guns - no obvious effect.  At that time the object blinked in and out of view completely one time and then disappeared.  One of my squaddies on the ground at A233 during this event later confirmed the sighting to me.

Upon landing, I saved my film of the sortie and proceeded to my desktop to view the object on the gun cameras.  Even though I have 124 successfully saved films, this one did not save successfully and had 0KB volume.

As an addendum, after the sortie (and I am sure? is a coincidence) my hard drive is now giving me bad sector messages and acting up.

ttflier - 91st Bomb Group (H)

(I hope this report doesn't affect my flight status-  :lol

Just as an afterthought and if anyone wants to explore a perspective of the potential of cyberspace manipulation - read the book "Daemon" for a interesting view of the possibilities of MMOG and the global domination of society :D
had the same thing happen but i hit it and i went to the tower message says :_______ collied with you (no name just blank white )
only a moron would use Dolby positioning in a game.
IGN: cutlass "shovels and rakes and implements of destruction"

Offline Butcher

• Platinum Member
« Reply #2 on: May 25, 2011, 10:07:28 AM »
You know its weird I had that happen in a tank last night, upped a base that was flashing however there was nobody around (in a wirbel of course).
The base was way to far to have someone bailed out over it, and I doubt any buff pilots are going to bomb a V-base in middle of no where.

Anyway sitting on the pad, I blew up and message said "you have been killed." Wanted to save the film, I record every flight, however it didn't give me an option.

Just weird I guess.
JG 52

Offline HawkerMKII

• Silver Member
« Reply #3 on: May 25, 2011, 11:24:57 AM »
DRUG TESTING TIME IN AH :rofl
8th of November 1965, 173RD Airborne <S>

Offline DOUG

• Copper Member
« Reply #4 on: May 25, 2011, 01:39:26 PM »
DRUG TESTING TIME IN AH :rofl
:salute Volunteering for testing duty,SIR! :salute  :x
elfy
"UsedToDoALittleButTheLittleWo uldntDoIt,So the Little gotMore andMore,JustKeepTryingToGet a littleBetterIsaid aLittleBetterThanBefore"...A.Rose
AK elfy-1st ArabianKnight recruited in AH- May 7,2000

Offline WYOKIDIII

• Copper Member
« Reply #5 on: May 25, 2011, 03:51:29 PM »
not test the drugs
Sooo....What , are those guys here to kill you because God forgot too ?

Hank Venture

Offline LLogann

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
      • Candidz.com
« Reply #6 on: May 25, 2011, 03:53:23 PM »
It's not the drugs, they work fine... It's the people....    :uhoh
See Rule #4
Now I only pay because of my friends.

Offline Devonai

• Copper Member
      • Reckless Faith
« Reply #7 on: May 26, 2011, 02:46:07 PM »
You were shooting at the sun.  Case closed.  :neener:
Guns!  Aliens!  Talking cats!  My new Science Fiction adventure, now on Amazon.com
http://www.amazon.com/David-Kantrowitz/e/B002BMHJPE/

Offline Becinhu

• Gold Member
« Reply #8 on: May 26, 2011, 06:35:04 PM »
Dale was being a griefer.  He was laughing maniacally while holding his favorite blowup sheep and screaming "PWNT!!!!!"
412th Braunco Mustangs OG
412th FNVG FSO
80th FS "Headhunters" MA

Offline LCADolby

• Platinum Member
« Reply #9 on: May 26, 2011, 09:49:24 PM »
JG5 "Eismeer"
YouTube+Twitch - 20Dolby10

"BE a man and shoot me in the back" - pez

Offline M0nkey_Man

• Gold Member
« Reply #10 on: May 26, 2011, 09:59:01 PM »
 :headscratch:, i say everyone up and attack it, kinda like Independence Day :cheers:
FlyKommando.com

"Tip of the dull butter knife"
delta07

Offline Vart69

• Zinc Member
« Reply #11 on: May 27, 2011, 08:03:05 AM »
ROOOOOOOLLLLLLLLL another one!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :aok

Offline Scca

• Gold Member
« Reply #12 on: May 27, 2011, 09:57:58 AM »
There was this one time in band camp.......
Flying as AkMeathd - CO Arabian Knights
Working on my bbs cred one post at a time

http://www.arabian-knights.org

Offline 7super61

• Zinc Member
« Reply #13 on: June 27, 2011, 04:43:36 PM »
what UFO  :huh
Im accually vPHANTOM...vulchvulchvulchvul chvulchvulchvulchvulchvulchvu lchvulchvulchvulchvulchvulchv ulchvulchvulchvulchvulchvulch vulchvulchvulch

Offline Lepape2

• Nickel Member
      • YouTube musician/video channel
« Reply #14 on: June 27, 2011, 05:12:15 PM »
Teh shoul bee more o then as we aproah 1021...  :rolleyes:
Jug Movie 1 - Hunt or Prey
Jug Movie 2 - The Jug's Tail