Author Topic: F3 view and the il2  (Read 5877 times)

Offline gldnbb

• Copper Member
Re: F3 view and the il2
« Reply #210 on: May 26, 2011, 06:06:35 PM »

Umm, kill all the hangars, you see the reason the bomber hangars are left in tact is so the "base attackers" or "cherryfesters" can get easy pickings and vulchings. Here's an idea, drop all the hangars  :aok

The very reasons you sight here for removing F3 view is the ONLY reason I see a need to keep it  :aok

JUGgler

Killing fighter hangars, IN MY CONTEXT,  is to control the skies and take the base.  Not Vulche.  Putting Il2 in its historic place (attack) is proper.  And yes it is a heavy aircraft (fly it in Il-2 to see what I mean)  and should never be used for base defense furballing.
To fly or not to fly, that is the question
-The Golden BB-

Offline gldnbb

• Copper Member
« Reply #211 on: May 26, 2011, 06:08:04 PM »

Umm, kill all the hangars, you see the reason the bomber hangars are left in tact is so the "base attackers" or "cherryfesters" can get easy pickings and vulchings. Here's an idea, drop all the hangars  :aok

The very reasons you sight here for removing F3 view is the ONLY reason I see a need to keep it  :aok

JUGgler

Killing fighter hangars, IN MY CONTEXT,  is to control the skies and take the base.  Not Vulche.  Putting Il2 in its historic place (attack) is proper.  And yes it is a heavy aircraft (fly it in Il-2 to see what I mean)  and should never be used for base defense furballing.
To fly or not to fly, that is the question
-The Golden BB-

Offline cobia38

• Silver Member
« Reply #212 on: May 26, 2011, 06:08:32 PM »

I seen the horse twitch !!!!!  its still alive  :bolt:

Harvesting taters,one  K4 at a time

Offline Changeup

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
      • Das Muppets
« Reply #213 on: May 26, 2011, 06:10:58 PM »
I can't believe this discussion is still going on, even after a couple weeks.

(Image removed from quote.)

BaaHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!   :rofl :rofl
"Such is the nature of war.  By protecting others, you save yourself."

"Those who are skilled in combat do not become angered.  Those who are skilled at winning do not become afraid.  Thus, the wise win before the fight, while the ignorant fight to win." - Morihei Ueshiba

Offline Masherbrum

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #214 on: May 26, 2011, 06:26:31 PM »
I can't believe this discussion is still going on, even after a couple weeks.

(Image removed from quote.)

Not shocked at all. 
-=Most Wanted=-

FSO Squad 412th FNVG
http://worldfamousfridaynighters.com/
Co-Founder of DFC

Offline lyric1

• Skinner Team
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #215 on: May 26, 2011, 11:03:17 PM »
My question is why are we even worrying about the Ar234's guns? The 234 is already a perked plane with a pretty moderate cost, it has a powerful but limited bomb load and it's only real asset is it's shear speed. I can count on one hand the amount of people that can actually fly and get A2A kills with the thing, so why all the fuss over the guns?

Think of it as a hybrid, the I-16 has a hybrid gun package so I don't see why a perked aircraft that had the ability to carry the guns should have them removed. To be honest I hope when HTC re-does the Ar234 that they'll add the forward gun packages along with movable tail guns via the para scope.

Well the thread is based off of F3 mode is gamey & should be removed because it was not real for a fixed wing platform. This entire subject was about a few people in IL-2's that could use the thing to gun in F3 MODE & IT HAS TO STOP. Well congrats to them it is done now. OK fair enough F3 mode has to go then all aspects of F3 need to go with it then on forward & rear firing aircraft.

You can't be selective as to what fixed wing gun platform can stay & should go for F3 mode. I posed this question to Jugler on the AR-234 as it seems to not be on his list of vehicles that must be changed & I have not had a reply to this point from him? I would like to see his thoughts specifically on this aircraft though.

Now to your last point if we are staying with reality of aspects of WWII aircraft. Then rear facing guns on any AR-234 never did see combat none at all. Also movable tail guns? That is pure fantasy as the only two aircraft that had rear facing (& down ward facing not like our current AHII up ward facing AR-234's) guns were fixed no capability to move at all.

What your asking for NEVER EXISTED.

Forward guns?

That would be interesting & fun a number of people will argue against this I personally don't care either way if we had them or not. If we did have them it would at least be historically correct even if only 5 were made with them.
That is 5 more than our current rear facing guns.

« Last Edit: May 26, 2011, 11:40:57 PM by lyric1 »

Offline YGSM

• Zinc Member
« Reply #216 on: May 27, 2011, 03:02:50 PM »
BANG!!!!

Yep the horse is still dead! :bhead
The only HO I have every attempted was with a French potato named Miss Francine.  Otherwise I stay away from the HO it makes me very nervous having 20 and 30mm shells whipping by my canopy.

WD Cameron...Army Air Corp  P47d-11 and D-40 France Italy and Germany.

Offline Shuffler

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #217 on: May 27, 2011, 03:25:11 PM »
80th FS "Headhunters"

S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning In A Bottle)

Offline Masherbrum

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #218 on: May 27, 2011, 06:13:05 PM »
"I brought you a little going away present."   :rofl
-=Most Wanted=-

FSO Squad 412th FNVG
http://worldfamousfridaynighters.com/
Co-Founder of DFC

Offline Melvin

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
« Reply #219 on: May 27, 2011, 09:46:17 PM »
Bill Lumbergh approves of this thread...

See Rule #4

Offline Tumor

• Platinum Member
      • Wait For It
« Reply #220 on: May 29, 2011, 03:50:24 PM »
yay
"Dogfighting is useless"  :Erich Hartmann