Author Topic: Seventh Tri-Annual Dueling Bracket & Results  (Read 44122 times)

Offline MoJoRiZn

• Zinc Member
Re: Seventh Tri-Annual Dueling Bracket & Results
« Reply #525 on: June 22, 2011, 06:07:17 PM »
i believe that the previous disqualification was on the simple technicality that Spek did not provide all of his films (he had some, not all).

wrong, looking back in that results thread shows baldeagle asked that drspek and krupnski redo the final and provide films since he did not feel that taking drspeks win away due to breaking the no films rule for a 2nd time in as many tournament rounds after being forewarned was a good thing for the tournament. baldeagle asked and was going to allow a rematch but drspek forfieted. baldeagle was nice enough to call it a technical forfieture due to no films

once you start rulef**king people out of a fairly earned win, you open the door for it to happen again and again in the future...throw honour out the window and we see what the competition devolves to...

another tough job for BE and the rules committee i guess  :salute

nice way to put it when leeway was given 2 to 3 times to drspek yet you call others out as "rulef**king people out of a fairly earned win" when in actuality it appears drspek did it to himself after having been warned 3 times and then given an extra chance to do a rematch on top of it all
i dont see krupnskis and irshones match being a tough job for anyone to rule on since 3 winning round films were posted by the winner of the match. if anything it will probably be a warning for not posting a losing round film that krupnski said he deleted. drspek got away with 4 times worse and was able to continue on to the finals and then even offered a second rematch to right his wrongs but he rejected the offer and baldeagle did what he had to

"Well, I woke up this morning, and got myself a beer
the future's uncertain, and the end is always near     Let it roll"

Offline coombz

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
« Reply #526 on: June 22, 2011, 06:07:26 PM »
It is my understanding that nrshida is not a native speaker of English and I assumed he meant object. Being that I respect him and didn't not want to make a big deal out of the misuse of interject (After all, how can someone interject something in a PRIVATE message?) I simply made the correction and was hoping for a brief moment of levity.

Little did I know that my good manners would result in a yellow toofered limey humping my ankle. Shouldn't you be at some government office getting a handout from the queen?  

just as you were trying to help nrshida ( ), I was trying to help you

The Few GCW at your service  :aok

edit: @ MoJoRiZn , that's very true, I had forgotten about the offer of a re-do. Someone should have mentioned that 5 pages ago or linked the old thread ;D
« Last Edit: June 22, 2011, 06:15:53 PM by coombz »
Did you see my dad on dogfights yet?
I'll be seeing you face to face possibly next month.

Offline mechanic

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #527 on: June 22, 2011, 06:18:34 PM »
:lol

Good Luck, Lepape2.  :salute

Bruv is no better a dueler than theHIV, don't let reputation put you at a disadvantage before you even start the fight.

Good luck to you both.
And I don't know much, but I do know this. With a golden heart comes a rebel fist.

Offline SunBat

• Gold Member
« Reply #528 on: June 22, 2011, 06:22:39 PM »

Bruv is no better a dueler than theHIV, don't let reputation put you at a disadvantage before you even start the fight.

Good luck to you both.

Bruv has one of the worst Euroconnections I have ever witnessed so he has some advantage.  Too bad they all can't have good connections like u bat.
AoM
Do not get caught up in the country-centric thinking.
The great thing about irony is that it splits things apart, gets up above them so we can see the flaws and hypocrisies and duplicates. - David Foster Walla

Offline Bear76

• Platinum Member
« Reply #529 on: June 22, 2011, 06:23:02 PM »
i think squad rivalries should be banned from future tournaments.

What rivalry?

Offline MickDono

• Gold Member
« Reply #530 on: June 22, 2011, 06:23:33 PM »
It is my understanding that nrshida is not a native speaker of English blah blah  

:rofl

Offline mechanic

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #531 on: June 22, 2011, 06:24:21 PM »
Bruv has one of the worst Euroconnections I have ever witnessed so he has some advantage.  Too bad they all can't have good connections like u bat.

I used to have great connections but I don't need them since I quit smoking da 'erb
And I don't know much, but I do know this. With a golden heart comes a rebel fist.

Offline JOACH1M

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #532 on: June 22, 2011, 06:25:16 PM »
i think squad rivalries should be banned from future tournaments.
It's just banter :aok
FEW ~ BK's ~ AoM
Focke Wulf Me / Last Of The GOATS 🐐
ToC 2013 & 2017 Champ
R.I.P My Brothers <3

Offline The Jekyll

• Nickel Member
« Reply #533 on: June 22, 2011, 06:29:40 PM »
wrong, looking back in that results thread shows baldeagle asked that drspek and krupnski redo the final and provide films since he did not feel that taking drspeks win away due to breaking the no films rule for a 2nd time in as many tournament rounds after being forewarned was a good thing for the tournament. baldeagle asked and was going to allow a rematch but drspek forfieted. baldeagle was nice enough to call it a technical forfieture due to no films

nice way to put it when leeway was given 2 to 3 times to drspek yet you call others out as "rulef**king people out of a fairly earned win" when in actuality it appears drspek did it to himself after having been warned 3 times and then given an extra chance to do a rematch on top of it all
i dont see krupnskis and irshones match being a tough job for anyone to rule on since 3 winning round films were posted by the winner of the match. if anything it will probably be a warning for not posting a losing round film that krupnski said he deleted. drspek got away with 4 times worse and was able to continue on to the finals and then even offered a second rematch to right his wrongs but he rejected the offer and baldeagle did what he had to

So by your thinking Krupinski and Irish should redo the match? I disagree, the fight should stand, as should the original fight between Krupinski and DrSpek. But unfortunately that technical forfieture due to no films gets in the way (against my beliefs I should state). You can't have your cake and eat it to, to borrow the old cliche'. DrSpek did not post the loss then, Krupinski did not post the loss here. Why do we still argue the double standard?
Yea, simply because I can

Offline ink

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #534 on: June 22, 2011, 06:30:34 PM »
I used to have great connections but I don't need them since I quit smoking da 'erb

:rofl

Offline grizz441

• Platinum Member
« Reply #535 on: June 22, 2011, 06:33:13 PM »
My computer was low on memory which I didn't know of.  Therefore the film didn't save as I typed the following into the film box:  Krupinski Rd. #.  I sincerly hope that this tournament follows the rules and no one gets them bent for any reason. 

Can you save films with symbols in it?  Maybe that's why your films vanished.

Offline MoJoRiZn

• Zinc Member
« Reply #536 on: June 22, 2011, 06:37:14 PM »

So by your thinking Krupinski and Irish should redo the match? I disagree,

i never said no such thing. if you are still trying to compare what happened in the last tournament to this one about irishone and krupnski, then you are already heading in the wrong direction. if we go by your opinion then baldeagle should give krupnski 4 trys at that 1 round where he did not post a film for the 1 round he lost, is this what you want? it is not going to change any for the outcome. if you want to compare it to all the chancs drspek got in the last tournament then hell, krupnski, dude, you get 3 more screw ups before baldeagle will really crack down on you, fair is fair, right?

what is it about this squads members? none of them seem to be good at reading comprehension. they all must be wearing the same royal blue colored glasses
« Last Edit: June 22, 2011, 06:39:14 PM by MoJoRiZn »
"Well, I woke up this morning, and got myself a beer
the future's uncertain, and the end is always near     Let it roll"

Offline grizz441

• Platinum Member
« Reply #537 on: June 22, 2011, 06:38:24 PM »
double standard
any code or set of principles containing different provisions for one group of people than for another

The provision for Spek was that he was either not filming his fights or they were getting lost or god knows what.  He was allowed to pass a round where no film was provided with a stern warning that he needs to provide films for the next round.  Spek once again did not provide films.

The provision for Krup is that he accidentally hit cancel on his film in one round that he lost.

REALLY?  This is a "double standard"?  :rofl

Nevertheless, I am calling for a rematch of this fight to stay within the "rules" as The Few have so less than eloquently pointed out, if Krup wins the A5 round Krup will advance, if Krup loses the A5 round, Krup will advance.  Krup will post the film.  Rules are rules.  Good catch The Few.
« Last Edit: June 22, 2011, 07:12:58 PM by grizz441 »

Offline IrishOne

• Silver Member
« Reply #538 on: June 22, 2011, 07:08:25 PM »
These brackets should have been about the spirit of the fight and who was better at the time of the match and won or lost. Not having the winner decided because of a technicality.

yeah, that's kinda what i was going for.   this thread has pretty much ruined the tournament for me, and all i did was duel.  thanks guys.

that last tourny had absolutely nothing to do with me.   in fact, i didn't even participate. 
-AoM-

Offline The Jekyll

• Nickel Member
« Reply #539 on: June 22, 2011, 07:10:38 PM »
if we go by your opinion then baldeagle should give krupnski 4 trys at that 1 round where he did not post a film for the 1 round he lost, is this what you want?

No I never said no such thing. If I misunderstood what you meant then I misunderstood. I run a successful business, graduated college, and served 24 years as a leader of soldiers, and am quite confident in my reading comprehension. What I said is that the win/lose column should reflect who actually won or lost the fights not be based on a technicality. I'm not sure where you get this 4 fights for one issue out of anything I said. Clearly here you misunderstand me.

The double standard I argue is this; quite clearly. DrSpek did not post films of the fight lost. Krupinski did not post film of the fight he lost. DrSpek was forced to either redo the match or forfeit. The arguments have changed by many because the shoe is on the other foot. My argument has not changed from the previous bracket and that argument is this. The fact that "ALL" films were not posted should not determine the outcome of the match. That outcome should have been determined based on the ability of the best person on the night of the duel and who won, or lost, unless they cheated.

If you want to argue that the rules are applied differently because of the "reason" player X did not follow the rules OK, fair enough that is for BE to decide I would think. I would point out this tho, if you go back to the previous bracket thread you will see that the primary argument against DrSpek was because he did NOT follow the rules and post "ALL" films, the opinions on the "why" varied. So I ask you, do not the same rules apply here if player X does not follow the rules? I'm not going to repost all the rules here that apply, we have all seen them.

I will repeat, I do think Krupinski should retain the win. Same as I think DrSpek should have retained the win in the previous bracket. They both broke the same rule, the reason is immaterial. To argue differently is in my opinion; a double standard.
Yea, simply because I can