Author Topic: Seventh Tri-Annual Dueling Bracket & Results  (Read 44276 times)

Offline Guppy35

• Radioactive Member
Re: Seventh Tri-Annual Dueling Bracket & Results
« Reply #555 on: June 22, 2011, 11:01:54 PM »
Same stuff, different day?  LOL thought I was going to read up on the fights just for fun.  Nothing wrong with competitive.  Something just sad about the rest of it though

Just remember you are all cartoon legends of the cartoon skies! :)
Dan/CorkyJr
8th FS "Headhunters

Offline LCADolby

• Platinum Member
« Reply #556 on: June 22, 2011, 11:04:43 PM »
Just remember you are all cartoon legends of the cartoon skies! :)
When I get space that's going in my Sig  :aok
JG5 "Eismeer"
YouTube-20Dolby10
Twitch - Glendinho

Offline BaldEagl

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #557 on: June 23, 2011, 12:01:13 AM »
OK STOP.

There are some big differences between this infraction and Spek's infraction from the last tournament.  In fact MoJoRiZn nailed it about five pages ago.

In the last tourney Spek was allowed to advance without posting any films.  He was warned at that time that films would be required in further rounds.  We came to the final and once again he didn't post films.  Finally he turned up one film (maybe two) IIRC.  Since it was a best of five match for the final there wasn't enough verifiable evidence of his win to allow him to be declared winner especially given the fact he had already been warned on the same issue.  The films have to come from the winner as that's the only way you get their actual views and instruments from take off.  At that point I gave him another chance to re fight the duels and even added extra time to work out his film issues.  He evidently decided not to do that.

In this instance Krupinski posted verifiable films of his three wins (best of five).  Posting the loss is not going to make one bit of difference in the outcome of the match.

I try to make the rules as black and white as I can but sometimes a little common sense has to come into play.  I will now decide whether to go back and rewrite the rules relevant to this for the next tournament or just make this the last one if no one's going to show up anymore.  Thank you very much.  This was exactly what I wanted to do for the past hour and a half after my third 14 hour day in a row at work.
« Last Edit: June 23, 2011, 12:12:38 AM by BaldEagl »
I edit a lot of my posts.  Get used to it.

Offline Slash27

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #558 on: June 23, 2011, 12:19:25 AM »
And that's that. :salute

Offline Spork

• Copper Member
« Reply #559 on: June 23, 2011, 12:41:34 AM »
OK STOP.

There are some big differences between this infraction and Spek's infraction from the last tournament.  In fact MoJoRiZn nailed it about five pages ago.

In the last tourney Spek was allowed to advance without posting any films.  He was warned at that time that films would be required in further rounds.  We came to the final and once again he didn't post films.  Finally he turned up one film (maybe two) IIRC.  Since it was a best of five match for the final there wasn't enough verifiable evidence of his win to allow him to be declared winner especially given the fact he had already been warned on the same issue.  The films have to come from the winner as that's the only way you get their actual views and instruments from take off.  At that point I gave him another chance to re fight the duels and even added extra time to work out his film issues.  He evidently decided not to do that.

In this instance Krupinski posted verifiable films of his three wins (best of five).  Posting the loss is not going to make one bit of difference in the outcome of the match.

I try to make the rules as black and white as I can but sometimes a little common sense has to come into play.  I will now decide whether to go back and rewrite the rules relevant to this for the next tournament or just make this the last one if no one's going to show up anymore.  Thank you very much.  This was exactly what I wanted to do for the past hour and a half after my third 14 hour day in a row at work.

:salute Bald for all your hard work. A shame it spiraled like it did.

Quincy
Spork
80th FS "Headhunters"

"The all purpose utensil in the all purpose plane" - Karma

Offline IrishOne

• Silver Member
« Reply #560 on: June 23, 2011, 03:40:14 AM »
 :salute    it shouldn't have come to this.    sorry for your extra trouble BE.   
-AoM-

Offline IrishOne

• Silver Member
Re: Seriously?
« Reply #561 on: June 23, 2011, 03:43:54 AM »
edit: double post
-AoM-

Offline Ardy123

• Gold Member
« Reply #562 on: June 23, 2011, 04:10:56 AM »
I'm glad BE can see right through the BS  :salute
Yeah, that's right, you just got your rear handed to you by a fuggly puppet!
==Army of Muppets==
(Bunnies)

Offline Viperius

• Silver Member
« Reply #563 on: June 23, 2011, 05:14:58 AM »
Dear BE your rules were quite clear

- From the quarterfinal round forward results must be verifiable therefore films must be posted by the winning player for all duels from that round forward.
Did Krup post all the films of the duel? No

Failure of the winning player to post films in these rounds will result in the win being awarded to that player’s opponent who must then post their films. 
Did Krup fail to post all the films of the duel? Yes

Doesn't matter if he hit cancel or the film didnt save, no matter the outcome of the match, Krup failed to comply to post all the films as required by the rules.

:cheers:

Offline Bruv119

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
      • http://www.thefewsquadron.co.uk
« Reply #564 on: June 23, 2011, 05:31:03 AM »
viper don't concern yourself with this, BE has spoken yet again.

I propose that IF krup and Spek happen to fight each other again and either of them has no film they be permanently banned from participating in future events.   This is the crux of the matter everything else is just squaddies backing up their man which is admirable.

Also possibly another rule that no-one posts in this thread apart from BE and the results.  :aok
The Few ***
F.P.H

Offline Lepape2

• Nickel Member
      • YouTube musician/video channel
« Reply #565 on: June 23, 2011, 05:47:10 AM »
viper don't concern yourself with this, BE has spoken yet again.

I propose that IF krup and Spek happen to fight each other again and either of them has no film they be permanently banned from participating in future events.   This is the crux of the matter everything else is just squaddies backing up their man which is admirable.

Also possibly another rule that no-one posts in this thread apart from BE and the results.  :aok

Or one that it is locked to everyone except for BE and that results are commmunicated via PM while ANOTHER thread is created solely for discussion. But there is also a risk that the later gets polluted the same way this one did and scraps the awesome idea the dueling brackets event is. If we all apologize and accept to have a little humility and maturity, maybe this will not be the last one.
Jug Movie 1 - Hunt or Prey
Jug Movie 2 - The Jug's Tail

Offline The Jekyll

• Nickel Member
« Reply #566 on: June 23, 2011, 06:39:55 AM »
DrSpek didn't post any films, win or lose.

Am I remembering it wrong?

wrongway

Yes, your remembering it wrong, DrSpek had some films, not all films
Yea, simply because I can

Offline The Jekyll

• Nickel Member
« Reply #567 on: June 23, 2011, 06:43:20 AM »
 Posting the loss is not going to make one bit of difference in the outcome of the match.

Good, so it isn't about following the rules, glad your clear on that. If you decide to re-write the rules so it follows your decisions that would be great as well. I could care less when you do it.
Yea, simply because I can

Offline Changeup

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
      • Das Muppets
« Reply #568 on: June 23, 2011, 08:06:59 AM »
wow....this thread is a case study for behavior science experts...very sad.

V/r

Changeup
"Such is the nature of war.  By protecting others, you save yourself."

"Those who are skilled in combat do not become angered.  Those who are skilled at winning do not become afraid.  Thus, the wise win before the fight, while the ignorant fight to win." - Morihei Ueshiba

Offline dedalos

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #569 on: June 23, 2011, 08:47:47 AM »

:rofl Eagle, I don;t know what happened cause I did not read it yet, but in my opinion, you do not need to do anything.  You have stated your rules and it is up to you to interpret them any way you think is right if there are any gray areas.  We may or may not like your decision but guess what, it is your tournament, you spend the time to run it so if anyone is so upset about a call you make they can choose to not join next time.  You can;t be doing work every time someone gets upset.

I'll go read and try to find out what happened now  :lol
Quote from: 2bighorn on December 15, 2010 at 03:46:18 PM
Dedalos pretty much ruined DA.