Author Topic: Seventh Tri-Annual Dueling Bracket & Results  (Read 44280 times)

Offline TonyJoey

• Silver Member
Re: Seventh Tri-Annual Dueling Bracket & Results
« Reply #660 on: June 23, 2011, 06:17:16 PM »
Another rule you didn't mention: From the quarterfinal round forward results must be verifiable therefore films must be posted by the winning player for all duels from that round forward.

This rule is very clear. In this case, the films of all duels in the round were not posted.
« Last Edit: June 23, 2011, 06:19:07 PM by TonyJoey »

Offline The Jekyll

• Nickel Member
« Reply #661 on: June 23, 2011, 06:18:21 PM »

From the rules:
Failure of the winning player to post films in these rounds will result in the win being awarded to that player’s opponent who must then post their films.  Failure of the opponent to post films within 24 hours of such a determination will result in the original winner being reinstated. 

This can be interpreted as "win" meaning round or a duel. It's also said that when rules are open to interpretation, review committee can rule either way. BE is part of it. He ruled.

Another rule:
Any player caught breaking the rules twice in any tournament will be automatically ejected from the tournament.

This one is crystal clear.

No need to  :cry anymore.

For a one you definitely create a lot of noise.

you conveniently left out the "all" part. Certainly helps it fit your interpretation. I ask questions to clarify, feel like answering? I ask fairly no malice intended.
Yea, simply because I can

Offline MoJoRiZn

• Zinc Member
« Reply #662 on: June 23, 2011, 06:18:55 PM »
Read, don't care
well that is obvious, but if you don't care why did you start this cesspool to begin with some odd 10 pages back with Reply # 389. you must have a dog in this hunt somewhere even though you are not even entered in this event. which is it btw did you lead soldiers for 24 years or you was a soldier for 24 years, you seemed to have contradicted yor own original statement a few pages back.

and kilz is on the review committe for baldeagle. i think he deserves the chance to try and redirect this poo poo to a different thread since this thread is only for scheduling and results i do believe
"Well, I woke up this morning, and got myself a beer
the future's uncertain, and the end is always near     Let it roll"

Offline 2bighorn

• Gold Member
« Reply #663 on: June 23, 2011, 06:21:32 PM »
From the quarterfinal round forward results must be verifiable therefore films must be posted by the winning player for all duels from that round forward.

This rule is very clear. In this case, the films of all duels in this round were not posted.

You guys really like to argue.

Violations of the official tournament rules as stated could constitute grounds for expulsion from the tournament.

This is a bit different than:

Any player caught breaking the rules twice in any tournament will be automatically ejected from the tournament.

It has been ruled. Krup was declared winner of round with Irish. Live with it.

Offline JOACH1M

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #664 on: June 23, 2011, 06:23:07 PM »
You guys really like to argue.

:lol ed
FEW ~ BK's ~ AoM
Focke Wulf Me / Last Of The GOATS 🐐
ToC 2013 & 2017 Champ
R.I.P My Brothers <3

Offline MickDono

• Gold Member
« Reply #665 on: June 23, 2011, 06:23:24 PM »
My £0.02,

I think films should only come into it when a result is in question ( As in KOTH )
In this case (and the previous case) results were not in question, the rules were.

Surely the result is the primary concern..
« Last Edit: June 23, 2011, 06:28:33 PM by MickDono »

Offline The Jekyll

• Nickel Member
« Reply #666 on: June 23, 2011, 06:23:46 PM »
well that is obvious, but if you don't care why did you start this cesspool to begin with some odd 10 pages back with Reply # 389. you must have a dog in this hunt somewhere even though you are not even entered in this event. which is it btw did you lead soldiers for 24 years or you was a soldier for 24 years, you seemed to have contradicted yor own original statement a few pages back.

and kilz is on the review committe for baldeagle. i think he deserves the chance to try and redirect this poo poo to a different thread since this thread is only for scheduling and results i do believe

To clarify I was a soldier for 24 years, a leader for 22, sorry I didn't make that clear for you. If you want to question my service I will be glad to point you to the right people to question. I even served with some of the people playing on here. You want to question my 3 CIB's or my combat tours, my Bronze Stars, or my LOM, etc. feel free. You want to question the accounts of some of my friends and soldiers who died to give you the freedom to question my service, feel free. I never contradicted my statement.

Offline MoJoRiZn

• Zinc Member
« Reply #667 on: June 23, 2011, 06:30:09 PM »
chest thump much?

you never answered my question, why did you start this mess, do you have a dog in this hunt

Offline Changeup

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
      • Das Muppets
« Reply #668 on: June 23, 2011, 06:31:02 PM »
Gentlemen:

When in the course of human events an argument continues for it own sake and it requires any of the participants to recite their personal military awards or resume's of leadership in a company OR branch of service to this great Nation....its time invoke the "THIS IS COMPLETELY OUT OF FREAKING CONTROL.... ITS A GAWDDAM GAME" rule.

Think troll before you type another word please...and lets cancel this or get on with it...geezus...its BEYOND REPAIR ALREADY...let BE do his thing for Christsakes.

V/r

Changeup (guy who loses in the first or second round EVERY DAM TIME) :salute
"Such is the nature of war.  By protecting others, you save yourself."

"Those who are skilled in combat do not become angered.  Those who are skilled at winning do not become afraid.  Thus, the wise win before the fight, while the ignorant fight to win." - Morihei Ueshiba

Offline TonyJoey

• Silver Member
« Reply #669 on: June 23, 2011, 06:32:57 PM »
"From the quarterfinal round forward results must be verifiable therefore films must be posted by the winning player for all duels from that round forward.  This also allows for film study by those hoping to improve their skills.  Failure of the winning player to post films in these rounds will result in the win being awarded to that player’s opponent who must then post their films"

Krup would not be expelled from the tournament. Rather, as per the rules, he would forfeit.

In general, I would say Spek should have won last tournament, and Krup should win this round. However, when a rule is enforced, regardless of the degree, it should be enforced to all.
« Last Edit: June 23, 2011, 06:37:37 PM by TonyJoey »

Offline kilz

• Gold Member
« Reply #670 on: June 23, 2011, 06:33:05 PM »
geezz this one dont stop does he. all i have let to say is IN
Former LTARkilz

R.I.P 68KO, TailSpin, Maj1Shot, Prop31st, SWfire, rodders, Vega, easy8, 11Bravo, AWMac, GMC31st, Stoliman, WWhiskey

Offline The Jekyll

• Nickel Member
« Reply #671 on: June 23, 2011, 06:34:08 PM »
chest thump much?

you never answered my question, why did you start this mess, do you have a dog in this hunt

You want to question my service then back off with a "chest thump" when I answer?  Heck yes I will, I think I and many others have deserved it.

My dog in this hunt is, and always was, to get the rules changed to meet the very spirit of the bracket, and to have the rules enforced evenly. Nothing more nothing less. Which is exactly, and consistently what I have posted.

Offline JOACH1M

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #672 on: June 23, 2011, 06:35:05 PM »
chest thump much?

He clearly is telling you the facts :salute
FEW ~ BK's ~ AoM
Focke Wulf Me / Last Of The GOATS 🐐
ToC 2013 & 2017 Champ
R.I.P My Brothers <3

Offline MoJoRiZn

• Zinc Member
« Reply #673 on: June 23, 2011, 06:48:42 PM »
You want to question my service then back off with a "chest thump" when I answer?  Heck yes I will, I think I and many others have deserved it.

My dog in this hunt is, and always was, to get the rules changed to meet the very spirit of the bracket, and to have the rules enforced evenly. Nothing more nothing less. Which is exactly, and consistently what I have posted.

i did not question your service, i asked which was it 24 yrs leading or 24 yrs soldiering. big difference in questioning and asking for a clarification

ok, ithough your dog was your squadmate ace-drspek who baldeagle bent over backwards and let him slide by the automatic disqualification after breaking the rules 2 times and then even gave him time to fix his theoretical problem and then offered him additionally a chance to a do over

how in this world is that even remotely evenly fair to krupnskis missing one film of  1 rd he lost out of the 4 rounds he dueled and won 3 of and provided films for the 3 he won. the only way any of you many few will be happy is if baldeagle makes krupnski forfiet or if baldeagle disqualifies krupnski. you many few will not accept anything less because you feel like your dog ace was wronged in the last tournament yet baldeagle wanted a final to be solid and broke his own rules to allow as much leeway as possible for ace-spek

thanks for serving for my freedom, being humble will get you more respect than chest thumping i guarantee ya

good luck to the rest involved in the remaining duels

Offline 2bighorn

• Gold Member
« Reply #674 on: June 23, 2011, 06:53:57 PM »
"From the quarterfinal round forward results must be verifiable therefore films must be posted by the winning player for all duels from that round forward.  This also allows for film study by those hoping to improve their skills.  Failure of the winning player to post films in these rounds will result in the win being awarded to that player’s opponent who must then post their films"

Krup would not be expelled from the tournament. Rather, as per the rules, he would forfeit.

Thank you for your legal expertise. If you want to appeal to BE's final rulling (at: http://bbs.hitechcreations.com/smf/index.php/topic,314010.msg4094963.html#msg4094963 ), go for it.

See you in Supreme Court.

In general, I would say Spek should have won last tournament, and Krup should win this round. However, when a rule is enforced, regardless of the degree, it should be enforced to all.

Taking part in tournament is voluntary. There are rules and how they're interpreted is up to BE and review committee. Anybody not liking the way it is/was shouldn't take part and even less, argue about it.

Is that simple.