Author Topic: Seventh Tri-Annual Dueling Bracket & Results  (Read 44260 times)

Offline fudgums

• Gold Member
Re: Seventh Tri-Annual Dueling Bracket & Results
« Reply #675 on: June 23, 2011, 06:58:54 PM »
We had films in this game?  :huh
"Masters of the Air" Scenario - JG27

Offline Ardy123

• Gold Member
« Reply #676 on: June 23, 2011, 07:40:24 PM »
Wow, just when I thought the Leprechaun was killed and we could all rest from this thread... he returns....

Yeah, that's right, you just got your rear handed to you by a fuggly puppet!
==Army of Muppets==
(Bunnies)

Offline Slash27

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #677 on: June 23, 2011, 07:48:06 PM »
Rules are set to avoid certain things. rules are only put in place for guidelines. if HTC lived by their rules to the T then most of this thread would have  or what not and prolly locked.

this will not happen on the next duel. all of you that like to think you can do what ever it is you feel like on this thread will whine next dueling thread.

if you want to keep on going about this subject start a new thread
I think you guys should hit up HTC for a private forum for the next tourney if there is one. Maybe help stop this crap.

Offline canacka

• Nickel Member
« Reply #678 on: June 23, 2011, 07:49:08 PM »
I think a lot of people are forgetting the second part of the rule.  So Krup didn't post all films, he posted 3.  Ok, so Irish wins as long as he posts films within 24 hrs.  He posts 1.  Doesn't the rule state that if the second person doesn't post the films then it reverts back to the original which means Krup?  Or is all of this a reason to argue over nothing?  Looks to me that if we want to follow the rules to the letter, then the correct answer by B.E. was given.

Let it die people.
71 Squadron RAF

Offline Babalonian

• Platinum Member
      • Pigs on the Wing
« Reply #679 on: June 23, 2011, 07:53:45 PM »
Ten pages today alone, holy toejam Batman. 

The ruling was made. Stop embarrassing yourselves and the tourney.

Imagine reading this post and then the next several pages made thereafter in one read.   :rofl  :lol  :bhead  :ahand

BE, the pigs owe you a case of beer sometime, I salute you sir!
-Babalon
"Let's light 'em up and see how they smoke."
POTW IIw Oink! - http://www.PigsOnTheWing.org

Wow, you guys need help.

Offline TonyJoey

• Silver Member
« Reply #680 on: June 23, 2011, 07:58:32 PM »
Thank you for your legal expertise. If you want to appeal to BE's final rulling (at: http://bbs.hitechcreations.com/smf/index.php/topic,314010.msg4094963.html#msg4094963 ), go for it.

See you in Supreme Court.
What do you think I've been doing for the last few pages? I'm arguing because I feel his ruling directly contradicts his own rules and his prior ruling on the subject. He held Spek accountable on this rule. Even though he offered a second chance, the rule was still enforced. In this case, it is simply being ignored. That's all there is to it. If a rematch was offered, that would be fair and consistent.
« Last Edit: June 23, 2011, 08:02:03 PM by TonyJoey »

Offline 2bighorn

• Gold Member
« Reply #681 on: June 23, 2011, 08:04:53 PM »
You step in the stream but water has moved on.

Offline Ack-Ack

• Radioactive Member
      • FlameWarriors
« Reply #682 on: June 23, 2011, 08:06:19 PM »
Can you save films with symbols in it?  Maybe that's why your films vanished.

If he tried to save a film using symbols, he would have received an error message.

ack-ack
"If Jesus came back as an airplane, he would be a P-38." - WW2 P-38 pilot
Elite Top Aces +1 Mexican Official Squadron Song

Offline Guppy35

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #683 on: June 23, 2011, 08:06:38 PM »
Did not BE who organizes this thing ask folks to stop 8-9 pages ago?
Let it go gents.  As mentioned, you are all cartoon legends.  Who cares?  Since Irish doesn't care in particular, why continue the debate?

How about appreciating that BE set it up, and that 99.9 percent of the participants are enjoying themselves, and aren't basing their real world self esteem on this thing and move on?

You don't like how BE is running the thing then don't participate.  It seems to never fail that when someone in the community takes time to put some energy into trying to do something different, and for the community, that a small segment of that same community will go out of their way to find fault with it  or whine about it.  Shut up and play, or don't play as the case may be.

Dan/CorkyJr
8th FS "Headhunters

Offline mthrockmor

• Gold Member
« Reply #684 on: June 23, 2011, 08:19:56 PM »
(DELETE - By posting I perpetuate.)

Boo
« Last Edit: June 23, 2011, 08:24:38 PM by mthrockmor »
No poor dumb bastard wins a war by dying for his country, he wins by making the other poor, dumb, bastard die for his.
George "Blood n Guts" Patton

Offline TonyJoey

• Silver Member
« Reply #685 on: June 23, 2011, 08:21:08 PM »
You step in the stream but water has moved on.

It's evident that you cannot justify his ruling anymore. My work here is done.

EDIT: I greatly respect BE for all of his hard work in running such a large tournament. However, this isn't the Soviet Union. People should be allowed to disagree with certain aspects and/or rules if they feel that it would prove beneficial for the tournament as a whole. Personally, I think that the ruling was inconsistent with his last ruling and have pointed it out and justified my stance.
« Last Edit: June 23, 2011, 08:26:32 PM by TonyJoey »

Offline BaldEagl

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #686 on: June 23, 2011, 08:54:39 PM »
Sunbat, can I borrow your lawyers?

Clearly different people are interpreting the rules in different ways and in ways I hadn't anticipated.  This is, in turn, an insufficiency on my part in writing the rules to begin with.  My appologies to all for my insufficiencies.  This is just the type of argument the rules were meant to prevent.

Given the fact that the current rules, as written, are open to interpretation, I ruled in a way that I thought was fair and honest and in keeping with the spirit of a tournament meant to be fun.  It seems pretty clear to me that Krupinski posted films of three wins.  Since the round is best of five I would interpret that to be a win, particularily since his opponent is not disputing it.  Note that this is in the spirit of the tournament... having fun and that that same standard was not met by Spek in the last tournament.  Even if IrishOne was disputing it, he's already said he only has film of the one fight he won.  Since he wouldn't be able to post the films (held to the same standard Krupinski is being held to) the win would still flip back to Krupinski (by the rules).

I'll revise the rules again and may enlist a rules committee to help and to help in interpretation in future events.  I really detest having to add rules to an already over bloated rules document but every tournament someone else forces my hand.  It's sad really that people can't just take it for what it is and have fun with it.

I edit a lot of my posts.  Get used to it.

Offline ACE

• Platinum Member
« Reply #687 on: June 23, 2011, 08:59:25 PM »
Sunbat, can I borrow your lawyers?

Clearly different people are interpreting the rules in different ways and in ways I hadn't anticipated.  This is, in turn, an insufficiency on my part in writing the rules to begin with.  My appologies to all for my insufficiencies.  This is just the type of argument the rules were meant to prevent.

Given the fact that the current rules, as written, are open to interpretation, I ruled in a way that I thought was fair and honest and in keeping with the spirit of a tournament meant to be fun.  It seems pretty clear to me that Krupinski posted films of three wins.  Since the round is best of five I would interpret that to be a win, particularily since his opponent is not disputing it.  Note that this is in the spirit of the tournament... having fun and that that same standard was not met by Spek in the last tournament.  Even if IrishOne was disputing it, he's already said he only has film of the one fight he won.  Since he wouldn't be able to post the films (held to the same standard Krupinski is being held to) the win would still flip back to Krupinski (by the rules).

I'll revise the rules again and may enlist a rules committee to help and to help in interpretation in future events.  I really detest having to add rules to an already over bloated rules document but every tournament someone else forces my hand.  It's sad really that people can't just take it for what it is and have fun with it.

When you say that standard was not met by Spek what do you mean?
Sixth Tri-Annual Dueling Bracket Champion

The Few

-Spek

Offline Guppy35

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #688 on: June 23, 2011, 09:03:48 PM »
Don't do it BE.  If folks participating can't see your intent and trust your judgment, they should not be involved.  

While I don't participate in it, I do appreciate what you are doing for the community, hosting this thing.  And I enjoy watching the results and seeing how the majority of players handle winning and losing with respect and class.

don't rewrite anything for the minority.  They either need to adjust their understanding of what this is about, or not participate in it.

Throwing in a bloated rule book and a rules committee just adds more layers that can be complained about or used as an excuse.

I have to believe that those 99 percent of the players involved don't need or expect you to have to put even more work into this for a very few that just don't get it.

Thank you for organizing and hosting this event for the AH community
Dan/CorkyJr
8th FS "Headhunters

Offline MoJoRiZn

• Zinc Member
« Reply #689 on: June 23, 2011, 09:10:08 PM »
Don't do it BE.  If folks participating can't see your intent and trust your judgment, they should not be involved. 

While I don't participate in it, I do appreciate what you are doing for the community, hosting this thing.  And I enjoy watching the results and seeing how the majority of players handle winning and losing with respect and class.

don't rewrite anything for the minority.  They either need to adjust their understanding of what this is about, or not participate in it.

Throwing in a bloated rule book and a rules committee just adds more layers that can be complained about or used as an excuse.

I have to believe that those 99 percent of the players involved don't need or expect you to have to put even more work into this for a very few that just don't get it.

Thank you for organizing and hosting this event for the AH community

i second thy motion of corkyjr
"Well, I woke up this morning, and got myself a beer
the future's uncertain, and the end is always near     Let it roll"