Author Topic: Seventh Tri-Annual Dueling Bracket & Results  (Read 43892 times)

Offline ink

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
Re: Seventh Tri-Annual Dueling Bracket & Results
« Reply #810 on: June 25, 2011, 10:47:28 AM »
So do you lol

I speak the truth, and I have been there done that :aok

Offline Guppy35

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #811 on: June 25, 2011, 10:52:27 AM »
Personal insults 7
Honest debate on subject 0

Nice Guppy you fell in with the crowd instead of providing leadership which is where I would think a CM staff member, as a representative of HT, should go, no? Certainly as an HT spokesman your insults carry more weight, thanks.

If that's what you saw, then your comprehension skills need work.

This isn't about the squad "The Few".  It has a lot to do with a couple members of that particular squad who seem to want to beat this into the ground when there is nothing left to say.

There are some quality people and quality sticks in "The Few".  Sadly a couple of you are reflecting badly on the squad right now and need to just let it go.  

Speaking for me personally.  When a squad takes on a name with a historical connection, I believe it has an obligation to represent that connection.  Having been around long enough to have been friends with some of the real "Few", they were the classiest bunch of individuals I've ever had the privilege to meet in my life.  They didn't whine about the odds, or make excuses, and at that point they were all that stood between England and losing.  I'd suggest you take some historical inspiration from the name, and start acting the part, while remembering the huge difference here, is you have nothing to really lose, other then the respect of the folks who fly with you and against you.

I know that most of the guys in "The Few" understand this.  I wish that you few that don't would quit reflecting poorly on the rest of them and just drop this.
Dan/CorkyJr
8th FS "Headhunters

Offline BaldEagl

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #812 on: June 25, 2011, 11:29:08 AM »
I'm beginning to think that a few people (no pun or reference intended) are trying their hardest to put an end to these tournaments. 

Even if I decide to go forward, which I likely will, I'm sure many will be put off, wanting nothing to do with the endless bickering that's plagued the last two tournaments.  In fact two have said just that in the thread that Kilz started.

It's enough that the economy is bad and that for whatever reason player numbers are down.  I do my best to try to encourage people to join this event so that there's enough diversity of talent to allow even the relatively unskilled to possibly have a chance.  All that effort is lost, or worse reversed, by this.

I've seen a lot of people say "no offense to BE" but how can I not take offense?  It's my charachter and judgements that are being questioned and frankly, I think I've shown a lot more charachter than a lot of posters in this thread. 

If you have a problem with the way I run the tournament send me a PM and I'll be more than happy to have a civil dialog over it when I have a chance.  If you're determined to make this event a shell of what it could be then keep it up, you're doing a good job.
I edit a lot of my posts.  Get used to it.

Offline The Jekyll

• Nickel Member
« Reply #813 on: June 25, 2011, 11:34:06 AM »
If that's what you saw, then your comprehension skills need work.

This isn't about the squad "The Few".  It has a lot to do with a couple members of that particular squad who seem to want to beat this into the ground when there is nothing left to say.

There are some quality people and quality sticks in "The Few".  Sadly a couple of you are reflecting badly on the squad right now and need to just let it go.  

Speaking for me personally.  When a squad takes on a name with a historical connection, I believe it has an obligation to represent that connection.  Having been around long enough to have been friends with some of the real "Few", they were the classiest bunch of individuals I've ever had the privilege to meet in my life.  They didn't whine about the odds, or make excuses, and at that point they were all that stood between England and losing.  I'd suggest you take some historical inspiration from the name, and start acting the part, while remembering the huge difference here, is you have nothing to really lose, other then the respect of the folks who fly with you and against you.

I know that most of the guys in "The Few" understand this.  I wish that you few that don't would quit reflecting poorly on the rest of them and just drop this.

Personal insults 11

Guppy when you speak you also represent more than yourself. Don't point fingers while ignoring that big logo under your icon.

Yea, simply because I can

Offline Bear76

• Platinum Member
« Reply #814 on: June 25, 2011, 11:38:39 AM »
Take a 30 minute break guys. I need to run to the store for more popcorn  :bolt:

Offline Guppy35

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #815 on: June 25, 2011, 11:38:48 AM »
Personal insults 11

Guppy when you speak you also represent more than yourself. Don't point fingers while ignoring that big logo under your icon.

There is nothing to debate.  Quit jabbering and participate in the event, or not.  If you think I've insulted you, that's all on you.  I'm quite comfortable in how I represent myself here and in AH.  Why don't you show some respect to the rest of the folks involved here and stop?

Better yet, since you seem to have it all figured out, why don't you organize your own tournament and set it up so that you are happy with it, and let those who wish to participate in BE's voluntary, as in you don't have to be in it, tournament and they can enjoy that?  Could have sworn Bruv was putting his money where his mouth is and trying to do something like that wasn't he?
« Last Edit: June 25, 2011, 11:42:18 AM by Guppy35 »
Dan/CorkyJr
8th FS "Headhunters

Offline grizz441

• Platinum Member
« Reply #816 on: June 25, 2011, 11:42:04 AM »
Wasn't it fixed in an official patch?   Must not have been just you Spek.

I remember there being a patch fixing something slightly related to filming but nothing to do with Spek's film symptoms.  Is there another patch that you are referring to?

Offline mthrockmor

• Gold Member
« Reply #817 on: June 25, 2011, 11:50:52 AM »
I remember during college playing against our heated and hated rival university. This was rugby, the real sport of men and our team was ranked in the top-5 in the Nation. The game quickly devolved into a bar fight during every scrum and lineout. Punches, people getting stomped on when the ball was out of the ruck and half way across the field. I was sucker punched twice, goes that way when you score a try. Each time the ball died a second scrum of fists and kicks would follow, whistles from the ref and side judges pulling people apart. Then came the diplomatic finger pointing, screaming and accusations from both sinners and saints. Each time took 5 minutes to restart play.

It reached a point where no matter how long we discussed who did what first, it didn't matter. It simply didn't matter. The ref finally blew the whistle and called the game on the spot. We were left looking rather silly with the game ended with it only half over. Sadly, we were down by 3-points and lost our perfect season.

I think someone needs to call the whistle on this debate. We have the brackets to deal with. Is anyone even flying in the "air" anymore? Who is left? Can we lock this thread to only those left engaged, meaning this is my last post?

Great people on both sides with lots of fingers being pointed. Just end it. No one is ever going to win and all parties have posts that do not show their good side. On the complimentary side, great competitors make great players and at times their competitive side gets the better of their brain. This is clearly one of them. Snap out of it, hit the showers and those left to duel get dueling. I know, this is the heart of the isse. Bald Eagle makes a call, end of it!

Boo
No poor dumb bastard wins a war by dying for his country, he wins by making the other poor, dumb, bastard die for his.
George "Blood n Guts" Patton

Offline The Jekyll

• Nickel Member
« Reply #818 on: June 25, 2011, 11:52:43 AM »
There is nothing to debate.  Quit jabbering and participate in the event, or not.  If you think I've insulted you, that's all on you.  I'm quite comfortable in how I represent myself here and in AH.  Why don't you show some respect to the rest of the folks involved here and stop?

Better yet, since you seem to have it all figured out, why don't you organize your own tournament and set it up so that you are happy with it, and let those who wish to participate in BE's voluntary, as in you don't have to be in it, tournament and they can enjoy that?  Could have sworn Bruv was putting his money where his mouth is and trying to do something like that wasn't he?

I will stop Guppy, I understand now where the CM Staff and HT is coming from. I ask what I thought is a valid question, I took your comment against me for doing so as an insult. I guess I would have preferred a solid "Jekyll your screwed up like a soup sandwich, your interpretation of the rule is incorrect and the rule should stand." At least that would provide input to the actual issue I raised. I will admit, I could have read your statement wrong and took it wrong, it looked insulting.  :salute

Offline The Jekyll

• Nickel Member
« Reply #819 on: June 25, 2011, 11:54:52 AM »
I remember during college playing against our heated and hated rival university. This was rugby, the real sport of men and our team was ranked in the top-5 in the Nation. The game quickly devolved into a bar fight during every scrum and lineout. Punches, people getting stomped on when the ball was out of the ruck and half way across the field. I was sucker punched twice, goes that way when you score a try. Each time the ball died a second scrum of fists and kicks would follow, whistles from the ref and side judges pulling people apart. Then came the diplomatic finger pointing, screaming and accusations from both sinners and saints. Each time took 5 minutes to restart play.

It reached a point where no matter how long we discussed who did what first, it didn't matter. It simply didn't matter. The ref finally blew the whistle and called the game on the spot. We were left looking rather silly with the game ended with it only half over. Sadly, we were down by 3-points and lost our perfect season.

I think someone needs to call the whistle on this debate. We have the brackets to deal with. Is anyone even flying in the "air" anymore? Who is left? Can we lock this thread to only those left engaged, meaning this is my last post?

Great people on both sides with lots of fingers being pointed. Just end it. No one is ever going to win and all parties have posts that do not show their good side. On the complimentary side, great competitors make great players and at times their competitive side gets the better of their brain. This is clearly one of them. Snap out of it, hit the showers and those left to duel get dueling. I know, this is the heart of the isse. Bald Eagle makes a call, end of it!

Boo

Well said :aok

Offline MickDono

• Gold Member
« Reply #820 on: June 25, 2011, 11:56:29 AM »
I remember there being a patch fixing something slightly related to filming but nothing to do with Spek's film symptoms.  Is there another patch that you are referring to?

I remember it being mentioned in the last saga.  I could be wrong.

Offline Guppy35

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #821 on: June 25, 2011, 12:22:58 PM »
I will stop Guppy, I understand now where the CM Staff and HT is coming from. I ask what I thought is a valid question, I took your comment against me for doing so as an insult. I guess I would have preferred a solid "Jekyll your screwed up like a soup sandwich, your interpretation of the rule is incorrect and the rule should stand." At least that would provide input to the actual issue I raised. I will admit, I could have read your statement wrong and took it wrong, it looked insulting.  :salute

Thanks for that.  Very much appreciated <S>
Dan/CorkyJr
8th FS "Headhunters

Offline DrBone1

• Platinum Member
« Reply #822 on: June 25, 2011, 12:55:47 PM »
If i am right it stated that it was a fix that caused Films to not save to the hard drive or something like that.
=The Damned=
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n6jjnCoBobc
I see DrBone has found a new Sith apprentice. Good, good, let the hate flow through you.  :devil
Move up, move over, or move aside.  Simple kombat 101.

Offline The Jekyll

• Nickel Member
« Reply #823 on: June 25, 2011, 01:12:04 PM »
I wish to apologize to BE and the AH community and I will be gone from this BBS. I can't please everyone in this apology and for those who are still upset please PM me instead of continuing on here. I learned a lot in my first go round of this sort on here, it is indeed humbling.
 I never understood how egregious an act it is to raise a question in the forum, I now know. I don't say that to be flippant or malice an any way, that truly is the lesson I learned out of all this.
 I get it now, after having been informed by many on here I just had a hard head in letting it sink in. I obviously upset many by doing so, some so much they even called my military service into question, that was above all the very worst of it. This was my first time through this type of war, a war I'm not use to. As am American and a soldier I would ask that some might understand my reluctance to bend under such an autocratic leadership style. Those who play this event understand that and agree to it, I have to either learn to agree to it or don't participate; that is my decision to make.

Thanks for hearing me out, and for those who are still that upset, please take it to PM.

Jekyll  :salute  <poof>
« Last Edit: June 25, 2011, 01:19:52 PM by The Jekyll »

Offline ink

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #824 on: June 25, 2011, 01:37:23 PM »
thats funny bone send me more PM's that I cant reply back to... :aok

you are pathetic and something that rhymes with wussy :aok