Author Topic: Why don't you want to die?  (Read 3095 times)

Offline ink

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
Re: Why don't you want to die?
« Reply #45 on: May 31, 2011, 04:25:43 PM »
I have prayed for my death, wished it every moment from around the ages of 7 or so...until I witnessed the birth of my daughter, 17 years ago,  now I just want to see my kids grow up and try to enjoy this crazy world we live in, it may not be perfect, but it is what we have, and I enjoy being alive and free.

most have no idea how precious life is, if they did we would never have wars and all the evil that goes on.

Offline F22RaptorDude

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
« Reply #46 on: May 31, 2011, 04:34:30 PM »
Unexpected thing while hiking today, 3 1/2 miles to and back cause we turned around after we swam. Water was god awful cold, but I swam around a bit. Then When I was easing myself off a rock I slid under the water and got sucked into some sort of hole, scary as crap cause I swallowed a ton of water, took me a few seconds to stop sinking before I swam up to the surface, then my friend did the same thing as me!
But yeah it was fun until that happened. We went hiking in Hollywood, Georgia. Forget the name of the park or whatever but it was a never ending twist of trails and drops.
Reaper in a T-50-2 Scout tank in 10 seconds flat

Offline dedalos

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #47 on: May 31, 2011, 04:39:32 PM »
Unexpected thing while hiking today, 3 1/2 miles to and back cause we turned around after we swam. Water was god awful cold, but I swam around a bit. Then When I was easing myself off a rock I slid under the water and got sucked into some sort of hole, scary as crap cause I swallowed a ton of water, took me a few seconds to stop sinking before I swam up to the surface, then my friend did the same thing as me!
But yeah it was fun until that happened. We went hiking in Hollywood, Georgia. Forget the name of the park or whatever but it was a never ending twist of trails and drops.

I bet you if I started a thread about meteors hitting earth you and your friend will post a story of a near miss of a meteor hitting your house?   :rofl
Quote from: 2bighorn on December 15, 2010 at 03:46:18 PM
Dedalos pretty much ruined DA.

Offline F22RaptorDude

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
« Reply #48 on: May 31, 2011, 05:04:50 PM »
I bet you if I started a thread about meteors hitting earth you and your friend will post a story of a near miss of a meteor hitting your house?   :rofl
Wow your cool  :D

Offline VonMessa

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #49 on: May 31, 2011, 05:10:57 PM »
Honest, too  :aok
Braümeister und Schmutziger Hund von JG11

We are all here because we are not all there.

Offline YGSM

• Zinc Member
« Reply #50 on: May 31, 2011, 05:16:59 PM »
I survived a Pulmanary Embolisim in 2009.  My doc said I had a 15% chance to live and I pulled through.  Aparently I have something more to do with my life that still is left undone.  I am taking this second chance to heart and living it for my family.  I looked into my wifes eyes at the ER and said that I loved her with all my heart.  I held her so tight that I thought I would squeeze her do death.  Yeah,  it sounds like a line but I really thought at that moment how we take our lives for granted.  All the things I would lose like holding my boys and walking along a beach with my wife.  Flying with my sons and teaching them to land their first airplane.  Attending my sons graduation from college.  Witnessing my daughter graduating next year from AF Academy.  At that moment you look back at your life and wonder if you did it right and what you would do with a second chance.  

JUGMAN
The only HO I have every attempted was with a French potato named Miss Francine.  Otherwise I stay away from the HO it makes me very nervous having 20 and 30mm shells whipping by my canopy.

WD Cameron...Army Air Corp  P47d-11 and D-40 France Italy and Germany.

Offline Babalonian

• Platinum Member
      • Pigs on the Wing
« Reply #51 on: May 31, 2011, 05:19:48 PM »
I'm just too stubborn.
-Babalon
"Let's light 'em up and see how they smoke."
POTW IIw Oink! - http://www.PigsOnTheWing.org

Wow, you guys need help.

Offline cpxxx

• Gold Member
« Reply #52 on: May 31, 2011, 06:07:06 PM »
I know how you must have felt. I too was at that point where I had no reason to live. I was never sure why I even woke up each morning to live another day of hating everything, not wanting to do anything other than ending it. It's tough on you both mentally and physically. Then just like you, I found something I enjoyed and it gave me a reason to live on. I have never been more happy today than I have ever been in my life. I refuse to die before I am able to repay that which has saved my life. Big  to those who can stand at the edge and be able to turn around, and those who helped those people.
Yes it's amazing the way things change. I gave it one more chance when I met my now wife, she tells me she nearly walked away several times but saw something that kept her coming back. Now we have two beautiful sons, we still can't believe it.

Recently I had a dream where I went back in time to meet my teenage self. Think of it, what an opportunity. He, (I) bounced out the door ready to listen to the future me. So what did I tell him? Nothing, do whatever you like, I told him, 'It all works out.' Thus condeming him to a life of misery and failure for many years. When I woke up, I wondered what the hell that was about. But the message of the dream is to let it go, if you did anything different you would never had your sons. Losing my sons would be the worst thing ever. Since then, I am more relaxed about everything and have let all the regrets go. You appreciate every day you are alive.

Life is still tough enough, I don't make much money and there are worries but life is good in a way that it never was before. So who wants to die? Not me!

Offline F22RaptorDude

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
« Reply #53 on: June 01, 2011, 02:36:18 AM »
Honest, too  :aok
If I had a picture of the area we swam at I would post it but I only got  a few pictures and video's of about half way, the chances of we catching my accident on camera were remote.

Offline SlapShot

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #54 on: June 01, 2011, 07:59:23 AM »
Then When I was easing myself off a rock I slid under the water and got sucked into some sort of hole, scary as crap cause I swallowed a ton of water, took me a few seconds to stop sinking before I swam up to the surface, then my friend did the same thing as me!

You really are a piece of work ... how long is your nose now ?
SlapShot - Blue Knights

Guppy: "The only risk we take is the fight, and since no one really dies, the reward is the fight."

Offline MrRiplEy[H]

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #55 on: June 01, 2011, 08:25:58 AM »
Survival instinct is a deep rooted primary instinct in all living beings. If it's missing there's something seriously wrong with you.
Definiteness of purpose is the starting point of all achievement. –W. Clement Stone

Offline dedalos

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #56 on: June 01, 2011, 08:49:54 AM »
You really are a piece of work ... how long is your nose now ?

I bet he has a story for that one too.  "That one time, when we got swallowed by a wale . . . . . . . and I did not take any pictures inside, only outside . . . . .. .  "   :rofl
Quote from: 2bighorn on December 15, 2010 at 03:46:18 PM
Dedalos pretty much ruined DA.

Offline Plawranc

• Gold Member
      • Youtube Channel
« Reply #57 on: June 01, 2011, 09:14:18 AM »
Well, I can tell you a story.

Coming back from Tasmania, (island south of Australia). I was in a 737 coming into land at Adelaide International airport. However we had alot of wind that night. And as we were coming into land, I felt the aircraft's right wing stall... at about 2000 ft, the pilot caught it just in time and we did the whole circut again.

I saw the lights of Adelaide rushing up towards me from my window seat. NOW THAT, was scary as hell. My dad said that in all his years of aviation, that was the closest he has come to dying. And I would believe him. If you dont believe me, I can describe the pilots face, I have never seen someone so pale in all my life, he seriously looked as if he needed a new set of pants.

@Penguin  I agree with the Adults I am afraid, you may have lots of ideas in your head. And you may use intellectual processes to make you sound intelligent. But the truth is, your as naieve, closed minded and dull as the people you so try to outclass. Infinite wisdom does not come from infiinite life. In fact, it would primarily be the knowledge of impending doom that brings forth wisdom. One cannot strive to learn or improve, if there is no deadline by which to work. While it is true to quote Robert E Lee - "A mans education ends when he dies". This does not necessarily mean translation of intellectual process or thought. Wisdom is brought about by the experiences of life and the acceptance of mortality, and there is a very large difference between intelligence and Wisdom. You try to argue, you try to prove your points with fact and logic alone. And while I may argue on Emotional points what you call "Straw man fallecy's" or "Emotional appeals". I am in fact making a point. Debates are won with fact this is true. However, fact is open to interpretation and intellectual inquiry, and as all human beings act upon emotion, no matter how logical they are. They will respond better to an emotional appeal than they would to an intellectual one. Besides, trolling you and inciting a response is an awful lot of fun. Its also rather funny to humour you. And I can guarantee that I would win a debate with both fact and emotional appeal, than you would with just fact. All politicians will tell you, the moral dimension, is the key.

Simple fact is not a base to work on. One needs to factor in the experiences, the perception of events, the perception of facts. And the discerning between what is right, what is wrong and what has to be done. Wisdom can only be achieved.. by living. And you will not live a single day in your life Penguin, without utilising the skills you have in the real world and using those things known as emotions. Because funnily enough, I am a self taught philosopher as well and it is my honest opinion. That intelligence is not measured by what one knows, but rather, how one sees it.

QED

@ F22Raptordude

Cool story bro
« Last Edit: June 01, 2011, 09:20:16 AM by Plawranc »
DaPacman - 71 Squadron RAF

"There are only two things that make life worth living. Fornication and Aviation"

Offline mechanic

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #58 on: June 01, 2011, 09:33:17 AM »
I do want to die, just not right now.
And I don't know much, but I do know this. With a golden heart comes a rebel fist.

Offline Penguin

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
« Reply #59 on: June 01, 2011, 05:14:23 PM »
Well, I can tell you a story.

Coming back from Tasmania, (island south of Australia). I was in a 737 coming into land at Adelaide International airport. However we had alot of wind that night. And as we were coming into land, I felt the aircraft's right wing stall... at about 2000 ft, the pilot caught it just in time and we did the whole circut again.

I saw the lights of Adelaide rushing up towards me from my window seat. NOW THAT, was scary as hell. My dad said that in all his years of aviation, that was the closest he has come to dying. And I would believe him. If you dont believe me, I can describe the pilots face, I have never seen someone so pale in all my life, he seriously looked as if he needed a new set of pants.

@Penguin  I agree with the Adults I am afraid, you may have lots of ideas in your head. And you may use intellectual processes to make you sound intelligent. But the truth is, your as naieve, closed minded and dull as the people you so try to outclass. Infinite wisdom does not come from infiinite life. In fact, it would primarily be the knowledge of impending doom that brings forth wisdom. One cannot strive to learn or improve, if there is no deadline by which to work. While it is true to quote Robert E Lee - "A mans education ends when he dies". This does not necessarily mean translation of intellectual process or thought. Wisdom is brought about by the experiences of life and the acceptance of mortality, and there is a very large difference between intelligence and Wisdom. You try to argue, you try to prove your points with fact and logic alone. And while I may argue on Emotional points what you call "Straw man fallecy's" or "Emotional appeals". I am in fact making a point. Debates are won with fact this is true. However, fact is open to interpretation and intellectual inquiry, and as all human beings act upon emotion, no matter how logical they are. They will respond better to an emotional appeal than they would to an intellectual one. Besides, trolling you and inciting a response is an awful lot of fun. Its also rather funny to humour you. And I can guarantee that I would win a debate with both fact and emotional appeal, than you would with just fact. All politicians will tell you, the moral dimension, is the key.

Simple fact is not a base to work on. One needs to factor in the experiences, the perception of events, the perception of facts. And the discerning between what is right, what is wrong and what has to be done. Wisdom can only be achieved.. by living. And you will not live a single day in your life Penguin, without utilising the skills you have in the real world and using those things known as emotions. Because funnily enough, I am a self taught philosopher as well and it is my honest opinion. That intelligence is not measured by what one knows, but rather, how one sees it.

QED

@ F22Raptordude

Cool story bro

So that's how they organise pants in Australia, sets, not pairs.  :) (Not meant to be taken as a joke; it's fun to learn things about other cultures). 

I mean any jokes in here good-naturedly, and I hope you mean the same.

Alright Plawranc, if you're ready, let's begin the debate.  Let's use only facts and logic, because this is a meeting of the minds; not politics (another game entirely, but I love it dearly nonetheless).  I won't ask you to revise your last post, I'll simply respond.

First off, ad hominem argument.  No matter how dull or naieve I am, 2+2=4.  Next, real argument.  First off, your quote does not support your claim.  If we learn throughout our entire lives, then my point is valid (unless you misquoted, and that's fine too; fix it if you did so).  I would argue the opposite, if we live forever, our wisdom will accrue simply by living.  Your next point is another ad hominem, but this time you build yourself up instead of tearing me down.  Politics is irrelevant here.  You finished with a touch of flame, and more boasting.  

I don't see anything here but you (self-admittedly) trolling me, and a bit of weaksauce argument thrown in just for show.

-Penguin