Author Topic: Ta 152  (Read 27043 times)

Offline Stoney

• Gold Member
Re: Ta 152
« Reply #120 on: June 16, 2011, 09:55:01 AM »
but who knows since it's an 3v!L @xi$ ride)
 :rolleyes:

This kind of comment is so tiring...  I bet HTC loves seeing people allude that they purposefully malign axis aircraft.
"Can we be incorrect at times, absolutely, but I do believe 15 years of experience does deserve a little more credence and respect than you have given from your very first post."

HiTech

Offline BnZs

• Platinum Member
« Reply #121 on: June 16, 2011, 01:16:28 PM »
This kind of comment is so tiring...  I bet HTC loves seeing people allude that they purposefully malign axis aircraft.

We've got P-40s that are even slower than they originally were, a P-51 that can't turn inside of a Jug, Zekes that can dive with Corsairs and Hellcats, and a 109K that largely trounces the SpitXIV...but sure, HTC is biased against AXIS aircraft.  :bhead
"Crikey, sir. I'm looking forward to today. Up diddly up, down diddly down, whoops, poop, twiddly dee - decent scrap with the fiendish Red Baron - bit of a jolly old crash landing behind enemy lines - capture, torture, escape, and then back home in time for tea and medals."

Offline MK-84

• Gold Member
« Reply #122 on: June 16, 2011, 01:35:35 PM »
We've got P-40s that are even slower than they originally were, a P-51 that can't turn inside of a Jug, Zekes that can dive with Corsairs and Hellcats, and a 109K that largely trounces the SpitXIV...but sure, HTC is biased against AXIS aircraft.  :bhead

:huh
If that is true for you, I would suggesting visiting the training arena more often  :aok
 :bolt:

Offline STEELE

• Nickel Member
« Reply #123 on: June 16, 2011, 01:43:06 PM »
This kind of comment is so tiring...  I bet HTC loves seeing people allude that they purposefully malign axis aircraft.
Do all intellectual types have no sense of humor?  :P  (note the funny characters in    @x!$ and the :rolleyes)
I'd love to see the P40's redone, and I've never been outdove by a Zeke in anything, at least not past 300mph.  My only wishes are that the 190 A8 weight is looked into and to stop seeing 152's fall butt-first out of the skies->  :mad:
« Last Edit: June 16, 2011, 01:47:43 PM by STEELE »
The Kanonenvogel had 6 rounds per pod, this is not even close to being open for debate.

Offline BnZs

• Platinum Member
« Reply #124 on: June 16, 2011, 01:54:05 PM »
Do all intellectual types have no sense of humor?  :P  (note the funny characters in    @x!$ and the :rolleyes)
I'd love to see the P40's redone, and I've never been outdove by a Zeke in anything, at least not past 300mph.  My only wishes are that the 190 A8 weight is looked into and to stop seeing 152's fall butt-first out of the skies->  :mad:

In AHII, you still have some aileron roll and pitch control in a Zeke at speeds exceeding 350mph IAS.

And the 190A5 is 8-12mph too slow....

If there is any "pattern" to it at all, I kind of suspect that the plane modeling is inversely proportional to its popularity with Americans (the 190 is the most famous and "coolest" German plane here in popular lore, probably due to the 8th AF over Europe,  its probably the 109 in the U.K., due to the BoB.)
"Crikey, sir. I'm looking forward to today. Up diddly up, down diddly down, whoops, poop, twiddly dee - decent scrap with the fiendish Red Baron - bit of a jolly old crash landing behind enemy lines - capture, torture, escape, and then back home in time for tea and medals."

Offline Debrody

• Platinum Member
« Reply #125 on: June 16, 2011, 02:02:34 PM »
Sir,
-never seen a zeek doing 550mph...
-you have problems against jugs? Or bumped into Juggler or Lepape too often?  : )
-109K vs spit14 is an even match...    idk what you want to say with it.
Our point is: the mossie is tail heavy, just like the corsair, not to talk about the p39 (!!), but none of them will send its tail forward instantly if you have more than two drops in the rear tank.
ZELVA   :rock
AoM
City of ice

Offline BnZs

• Platinum Member
« Reply #126 on: June 16, 2011, 03:55:06 PM »
Sir,
-never seen a zeek doing 550mph...
-you have problems against jugs? Or bumped into Juggler or Lepape too often?  : )
-109K vs spit14 is an even match...    idk what you want to say with it.
Our point is: the mossie is tail heavy, just like the corsair, not to talk about the p39 (!!), but none of them will send its tail forward instantly if you have more than two drops in the rear tank.
ZELVA   :rock

No I haven't seen a Zeke doing 550. I have, however, easily gone to to the 350mph IAS where a Zeke is supposed to loose control and be under threat of damage, without problems.

P-51 vs. Jug is an even match, in AHII. Does anyone seriously dispute this? Probable slight edge to Jug because of roll rate and firepower. This, despite the fact that both the Allies and Germans considered the 51 more formidable as a dogfigher.

Walter Wolfrum, a Luftwaffe ace with 137 victories, remembered of his encounters with American fighters that "the P-47 wasn't so bad because we could out turn and outclimb it, initially. The P-51 was something else.
http://www.mustang.gaetanmarie.com/articles/germany/germany.htm

Offline Babalonian

• Platinum Member
      • Pigs on the Wing
« Reply #127 on: June 16, 2011, 06:19:14 PM »

And don't forget my personal favorite: the customers pushing for HTC to purposefully model each axis aircraft to the maximum limits of their respective model's performance envelopes.  :o   ;) (*cough*  :pray  D-11/D-13 puwty pwease, me ankle hump you long long time)
-Babalon
"Let's light 'em up and see how they smoke."
POTW IIw Oink! - http://www.PigsOnTheWing.org

Wow, you guys need help.

Offline STEELE

• Nickel Member
« Reply #128 on: June 17, 2011, 05:00:00 AM »
In AHII, you still have some aileron roll and pitch control in a Zeke at speeds exceeding 350mph IAS.

And the 190A5 is 8-12mph too slow....

If there is any "pattern" to it at all, I kind of suspect that the plane modeling is inversely proportional to its popularity with Americans (the 190 is the most famous and "coolest" German plane here in popular lore, probably due to the 8th AF over Europe,  its probably the 109 in the U.K., due to the BoB.)
Yes, official wartime charts put the 190A5 at 352 at sea level (  :O )    at 1.42 ata, our A5 in AH does, what, 329 at sea level?
The Kanonenvogel had 6 rounds per pod, this is not even close to being open for debate.

Offline Wmaker

• Platinum Member
      • Lentolaivue 34 website
« Reply #129 on: June 17, 2011, 05:41:41 AM »
Yes, official wartime charts put the 190A5 at 352 at sea level (  :O )    at 1.42 ata, our A5 in AH does, what, 329 at sea level?

...but also climbs significanly faster than what the climb chart from those same tests (352mph) shows.
Wmaker
Lentolaivue 34

Thank you for the Brewster HTC!

Offline save

• Gold Member
« Reply #130 on: June 17, 2011, 06:52:59 AM »
curious :
How does the 190a8 run with official wartime charts, compared with Aces High implementation of it ?
My ammo last for 6 Lancasters, or one Yak3.
"And the Yak 3 ,aka the "flying Yamato"..."
-Caldera

Offline Debrody

• Platinum Member
« Reply #131 on: June 17, 2011, 07:00:43 AM »
335-ish...
AoM
City of ice

Offline VonMessa

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #132 on: June 17, 2011, 10:30:00 AM »
curious :
How does the 190a8 run with official wartime charts, compared with Aces High implementation of it ?

You don't need your's to be any faster or better  :devil

:salute
Braümeister und Schmutziger Hund von JG11

We are all here because we are not all there.

Offline BnZs

• Platinum Member
« Reply #133 on: June 17, 2011, 01:39:46 PM »
...but also climbs significanly faster than what the climb chart from those same tests (352mph) shows.

Weights?

Offline Babalonian

• Platinum Member
      • Pigs on the Wing
« Reply #134 on: June 17, 2011, 02:41:25 PM »

I've never seen any serious post on the 190 models in AH talk of an across the board upgrade, but that they need a review and most-likely adjustment.  So is your opinion in support or disagreement to the previous statements/wishes and intended purpose of this thread and the many others on the 190 in this forum?
« Last Edit: June 17, 2011, 02:43:29 PM by Babalonian »
-Babalon
"Let's light 'em up and see how they smoke."
POTW IIw Oink! - http://www.PigsOnTheWing.org

Wow, you guys need help.