Author Topic: FRAPS recording other vox, just not mine?  (Read 865 times)

Offline Krusty

• Radioactive Member
FRAPS recording other vox, just not mine?
« on: June 03, 2011, 12:10:06 AM »
I'm reviewing some FRAPS stuff I've been playing with now that I have a PC powerful enough to run it live in-game. Only problem is MY vox isn't recording. Others' responses are, just not mine. Anybody else have this problem?

I have it checked to "record Win7 sound" in "stereo" and have disabled "record external input" because I don't want to record all the sounds from my mic, just when I hit send to transmit.

Thoughts?

Offline Raphael

• Gold Member
Re: FRAPS recording other vox, just not mine?
« Reply #1 on: June 03, 2011, 12:21:06 AM »
if you disable the record external input the only way i can imagine recording your own vox would be that if you could hear it in game because it will only record those sounds that are beeing reproduced live, so you would have to tune to yourself or make it so the windows play back your mic when you speak.
in the film you hear your vox because its in the program, but fraps only records what is beeing reproduced live. so i think that be best thing you can do is to enable the external input thing.
Remember 08/08/2012
 Youtube videos - http://www.youtube.com/user/raphael103/featured
Game ID => Raphael
XO of Jg5

Offline Krusty

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #2 on: June 03, 2011, 12:23:05 AM »
I take it that will record every little sound, the hum of my case fan, the creaking of my chair, the noise when I release my stick and it snaps back to center (CLACK-clackclack!)?

I don't like that option.

Offline GNucks

• Silver Member
      • VF-17 "Jolly Rogers"
« Reply #3 on: June 03, 2011, 12:57:17 AM »
I'm under the impression FRAPs will only record what would be played through your speakers/headphones, unless the game is playing your voice back to you as you speak FRAPs wouldn't pick it up. Raphael's suggestion is the only way, I imagine.

Rebel - Inactive
An amateur trains until he gets it right, a professional until he can't get it wrong.
vf-17.webuda.com

Offline guncrasher

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #4 on: June 03, 2011, 03:30:13 AM »
record with ah, then add the voices back using a film editing software.  I believe vegas has an option to extract sound from video, then you can add it back.

semp
you dont want me to ho, dont point your plane at me.

Offline ink

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #5 on: June 03, 2011, 07:53:53 AM »
I'm reviewing some FRAPS stuff I've been playing with now that I have a PC powerful enough to run it live in-game. Only problem is MY vox isn't recording. Others' responses are, just not mine. Anybody else have this problem?

I have it checked to "record Win7 sound" in "stereo" and have disabled "record external input" because I don't want to record all the sounds from my mic, just when I hit send to transmit.

Thoughts?

damn you can get it to play ingame and not got to a FPS of 2...... lucky bastage :furious

whats your specs?

Offline Krusty

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #6 on: June 03, 2011, 08:58:29 AM »
I used to not be able to ink. Only the past couple months have I ever had a decent PC.
i7 960 stock speeds for now
6GB DDR3 tri-chan
Revo X2 100GB SSD primary, 1TB HDD secondary
HD 6970 2GB (but for now limited to single display 1280x1024 output until I can get some gaming monitors)

All AH details maxed because I'm running such small resolution.

I can still run fraps live and rarely dip below 30fps this way. Recording from film viewer is much less strain, but I kind of like the total package of live recording (you see the text buffer, clipboard, head views, etc).

Offline ink

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #7 on: June 03, 2011, 11:46:20 AM »
I used to not be able to ink. Only the past couple months have I ever had a decent PC.
i7 960 stock speeds for now
6GB DDR3 tri-chan
Revo X2 100GB SSD primary, 1TB HDD secondary
HD 6970 2GB (but for now limited to single display 1280x1024 output until I can get some gaming monitors)

All AH details maxed because I'm running such small resolution.

I can still run fraps live and rarely dip below 30fps this way. Recording from film viewer is much less strain, but I kind of like the total package of live recording (you see the text buffer, clipboard, head views, etc).

ya I would much rather film in game, but NO way can I.

nice system :aok

Offline Krusty

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #8 on: June 03, 2011, 02:08:40 PM »
It's nice running full shadows etc. Once I get 3 gaming monitors ("if" I ever do) I might have to dial down some of the eye candy. However testing at 3072x768 testing I was able to run a number of games offline with FRAPs and still maintain good gameplay. BFBC2, HL2:EP2, a couple others.

Only problem is 1 of my monitors is ancient, a 1024x768, and you have to dumb them all down to the same resolution. Looks like utter crap on my others, plus different sizes means different placements... Gave me a headache to game like that. Definitely need new displays.

And, then, if I really want to in the future, I can cross-fire my 6970 with another to get extra power, should games get that much more demanding in 3-5 years.

Offline ink

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #9 on: June 03, 2011, 02:12:48 PM »
triple monitors would be sweet, eventually I would love to have that kind of setup.

Offline Krusty

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #10 on: June 03, 2011, 02:18:26 PM »
triple monitors would be sweet, eventually I would love to have that kind of setup.

Might be off topic but I have a short couple-minute clip of some HL2:EP2 action I can upload just to show the widescreen effect and still smooth performance.

This vid card is nice. I would recommend it only once they work out some of the driver bugs, though. It's a long-term investment for me.

Offline ink

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #11 on: June 03, 2011, 02:26:39 PM »
Might be off topic but I have a short couple-minute clip of some HL2:EP2 action I can upload just to show the widescreen effect and still smooth performance.

This vid card is nice. I would recommend it only once they work out some of the driver bugs, though. It's a long-term investment for me.
I have an older system, duel processor
AMD Athlon 2.9 ghz 5600+
4 gig of ram
4830 MSI 1 gig

works good for most games, AH I got most of the eye candy turned all the way up, and get a steady FR of 59. but I know its just not up to par for a serious triple monitor.

maybe one of these days :old: 

Offline ImADot

• Platinum Member
« Reply #12 on: June 03, 2011, 07:38:49 PM »
Thoughts?

What version Fraps do you have?  Mine is v3.4.1 build 13142 - for recording external input, it allows you to "only capture while pushing [assigned key]" to record your voice.  That way, you have PTT recording and not a hot mic all the time.
My Current Rig:
GigaByte GA-X99-UD4 Mobo w/ 16Gb RAM
Intel i7 5820k, Win7 64-bit
NVidia GTX 970 4Gb ACX 2.0
Track IR, CH Fighterstick, CH Pro Throttle, CH Pro Pedals

Offline Krusty

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #13 on: June 03, 2011, 08:24:29 PM »

Offline ImADot

• Platinum Member
« Reply #14 on: June 03, 2011, 08:41:19 PM »
They're up to 3.4.5 now.  I just updated mine.

http://www.fraps.com/download.php
My Current Rig:
GigaByte GA-X99-UD4 Mobo w/ 16Gb RAM
Intel i7 5820k, Win7 64-bit
NVidia GTX 970 4Gb ACX 2.0
Track IR, CH Fighterstick, CH Pro Throttle, CH Pro Pedals