Author Topic: Mic Volume  (Read 1120 times)

Offline badace

• Zinc Member
Mic Volume
« on: June 05, 2011, 11:55:40 AM »
   The mic volume settings in game  resets after i close the box. I move both volume and booste sliders up hit apply and ok and when i reopen it its back to its default setting. My squadies say Im louder while the box is kept open and as soon as i close it it goes back to normal. This happens with the volume as well as the booste. I have a creative soundblaster sound card.....maybe thats the issue?
UGH.....

Offline TequilaChaser

• AH Training Corps - Retired
  • Plutonium Member
      • The Damned - founded by Ptero in 1988
Re: Mic Volume
« Reply #1 on: June 05, 2011, 12:22:39 PM »
  The mic volume settings in game  resets after i close the box. I move both volume and booste sliders up hit apply and ok and when i reopen it its back to its default setting. My squadies say Im louder while the box is kept open and as soon as i close it it goes back to normal. This happens with the volume as well as the booste. I have a creative soundblaster sound card.....maybe thats the issue?

I been having the exact same problem, I myself, currently have/am using the integrated onboard soundchip Realtek 7.1 HD Audio

I checked under windows and unchecked/turned off the Realtek's built in boost..... also tried muting the mic and unmuting in windows

nothing I do can I get the ingame mic volume settings to stay set once I put the slider where I want it

ingame, my mic boost is checked but greyed out,and I can not adjust the mic boost slider at all.......

not sure if it is a glitch with the mic volume/mic boost sliders in game......... or if it has something to do with how my Realtek HD Audio onboard chip is setup in Windows 7

everyone says they can barely hear me when in game........

I also noticed that these new mic volume/mic boost settings have not been updated on the main help page....... the AH main help page/settings /setup is still showing the old mic set up help guide

EDIT: anyone else who posts this same problem, please post what type of sound card & what type of OS you are using ( ie.... Windows 7 Ultimate 64 bit OS  & onboard Realtek soundchip 7.1 HD Audio )

badace posted he is using a "creative soundblaster sound card"......   ....... this might help HTC in checking on this situation

hope this helps

TC
« Last Edit: June 05, 2011, 01:16:43 PM by TequilaChaser »
"When one considers just what they should say to a new pilot who is logging in Aces High, the mind becomes confused in the complex maze of info it is necessary for the new player to know. All of it is important; most of it vital; and all of it just too much for one brain to absorb in 1-2 lessons" TC

Offline 100Coogn

• Gold Member
« Reply #2 on: June 05, 2011, 12:28:34 PM »
All mic sliders reset after I close the clipboard as well.

Coogan
From Wiley: If you're hitting them after they drop, that's not defense, that is revenge.
Game Id's:
AHIII: Coogan
RDR2: Coogan_Bear
MSFS-2020: Coogan Bear

Offline flatiron1

• Silver Member
« Reply #3 on: June 05, 2011, 01:05:00 PM »
same here

Offline Blagard

• Nickel Member
« Reply #4 on: June 05, 2011, 02:05:05 PM »
Another thread same thing - no solution there either
http://bbs.hitechcreations.com/smf/index.php/topic,314250.0.html

Offline -sudz-

• Nickel Member
« Reply #5 on: June 06, 2011, 09:33:35 AM »
Can you check the sndgrp.cfg file in your settings folder and make sure you have permission to write to this file?

- sudz

Offline gyrene81

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #6 on: June 06, 2011, 09:45:57 AM »
on my system...authenticated users has all but "full control"...
system has all permissions...
my user id has all but "special permissions"...
administrators has all but "special permissions"...
users has "read", "read and execute" only...

windows 7 enterprise 64bit
jarhed  
Build a man a fire and he'll be warm for a day...
Set a man on fire and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. - Terry Pratchett

Offline TequilaChaser

• AH Training Corps - Retired
  • Plutonium Member
      • The Damned - founded by Ptero in 1988
« Reply #7 on: June 06, 2011, 10:56:21 AM »
I am using Windows 7 Ultimate 64 bit

edited: note that just right clicking on the sndgrp.cfg file and clicking properties both the boxes were "unchecked" in the general properties tab  read only  & hidden  .... both unchecked )

my  sndgrp.cfg file has the following Security settings:

Authenticated Users:  Checked - Allowed: Modify, Read & execute, Read, Write                          Not Checked - Aollowed: Full Control, Special Permissions

System:  Checked - Allowed: Full Control, Modify, Read & execute, Read, Write          Not Checked - Aollowed: Special Permissions

Administrators:  Checked - Allowed: Full Control, Modify, Read & execute, Read, Write          Not Checked - Aollowed: Special Permissions

current existing Users:  Checked - Allowed: Read & execute, Read                                               Not Checked - Aollowed: Full Control, Modify, Write, Special Permissions

after editing the Users Group -

New EDITED Users:  Checked - Allowed: Full Control, Modify, Read & execute, Read, Write          Not Checked - Aollowed: Special Permissions

NOTE: After I went and changed my user to allow the ability of the sndgrp.cfg file to have full control to modify, read & execute, read, write

I went into Aces High and tryed to set my mic vloume slider , still no saving the setting, it reverts back to the middle of the slider bar...... and still have the Db Boost X'ed and faded out. so it is checked but I can not uncheck it, and the db mic boost slider bar is setting all the way to the left and I am unable to move it

I also went into the game sounds preferences, I went trough each sound driver choice ( Windows configured driver, Realtek HD Audio, Realtek HD Digital Audio, etc... ), I picked different speaker configurations,: Mono, Stereo, 5.1, 7.1, DirectX D3d etc etc......

nothing I have done will give me access to checking/unchecking the Db Mic Boost check box, or let me set and save either slider  for the Mic ( Mic Volume slider / Boost Slider )

is there any more info I can gather for you, Sudz, about my system that might help ya'll ( HTC ) figure this out?

hope this helps

TC

« Last Edit: June 06, 2011, 11:01:26 AM by TequilaChaser »
"When one considers just what they should say to a new pilot who is logging in Aces High, the mind becomes confused in the complex maze of info it is necessary for the new player to know. All of it is important; most of it vital; and all of it just too much for one brain to absorb in 1-2 lessons" TC

Offline 100Coogn

• Gold Member
« Reply #8 on: June 06, 2011, 10:57:13 AM »
on my system...authenticated users has all but "full control"...
system has all permissions...
my user id has all but "special permissions"...
administrators has all but "special permissions"...
users has "read", "read and execute" only...

windows 7 enterprise 64bit

Same here.  I allowed User to Write, but it had no effect.  The mic-boost slider goes right back down, after closing the clipboard.

Coogan
From Wiley: If you're hitting them after they drop, that's not defense, that is revenge.
Game Id's:
AHIII: Coogan
RDR2: Coogan_Bear
MSFS-2020: Coogan Bear

Offline Estes

• Gold Member
« Reply #9 on: June 07, 2011, 03:23:20 PM »
I have the same problem, only thing that has changed is I got a new headset. It's a logitech G35, will be anxious  to see if a fix gets posted.

Offline badace

• Zinc Member
« Reply #10 on: July 01, 2011, 12:52:52 AM »
   Gave the sndgrp.cfg file permission on all users, didn't fix it for me either.
UGH.....

Offline UnkleTed

• Zinc Member
« Reply #11 on: January 25, 2013, 04:27:45 PM »
i see the same thing.  If I enable mic boost, and move the slider to 100%, it gradually moves back down... eventually to 0.  If I disable mic boost, the slider stays.  But, with mic boost disabled, my PC mic input 100% and the game mic settings at 100%, I am hard to hear on VOX.  I've tried this with different headsets, soundcards, different pc's, same problem (I use both a laptop and a PC).

If I look at the sndgrp.cfg file under the settings folder, my user is a local admin.  If I check that by looking at effective permissions in advanced security, I have full control of the file.

I might add, I have a SoundBlaster X-FI, most recent drivers.  All "effects" are set to off, game mode is on.  In windows, the sound test for the microphone is loud.  It's only when I'm in AH that I have the problem with the mic volume.
« Last Edit: January 25, 2013, 04:30:38 PM by UnkleTed »

Offline ToeTag

• Silver Member
« Reply #12 on: January 25, 2013, 05:15:32 PM »
do you guys have a keyboard with a volume slider on it?  and do you hit it inadvertently during game play?  Make sure your keyboard hot keys do not interfere with AH key commands as well.
They call it "common sense", then why is it so uncommon?

Offline UnkleTed

• Zinc Member
« Reply #13 on: January 26, 2013, 01:32:31 AM »
do you guys have a keyboard with a volume slider on it?  and do you hit it inadvertently during game play?  Make sure your keyboard hot keys do not interfere with AH key commands as well.

Nope, standard keyboard.  Again, the mic is fine in windows.  Set as high and as loud as it can be.

Offline earl1937

• Gold Member
« Reply #14 on: January 26, 2013, 10:07:02 AM »
   The mic volume settings in game  resets after i close the box. I move both volume and booste sliders up hit apply and ok and when i reopen it its back to its default setting. My squadies say Im louder while the box is kept open and as soon as i close it it goes back to normal. This happens with the volume as well as the booste. I have a creative soundblaster sound card.....maybe thats the issue?
:airplane: I used to have that problem, but I have started doing this and it seems to work for me:

#1- As I am signing into the game, I "right click" on the small speaker in the lower right hand corneer of my computer screen.
#2- After opening your volume mixer, excute #3!
#3- I adjust all sliders to a balanced formation(I know that this supposed to be for speakers only, Buuuuuuuuut! it seemed to have fixed my problem that you are having.
Blue Skies and wind at my back and wish that for all!!!