Author Topic: How did Skuzzy get his name?  (Read 2121 times)

Online Shuffler

• Radioactive Member
Re: How did Skuzzy get his name?
« Reply #30 on: June 02, 2011, 04:33:37 PM »
The abbreviated version.

In high school I was a beach bum.  I went to work one day, after falling asleep at the beach.  One of the coworkers said I looked really skuzzy.  It stuck.

Later in life, I was part of the design team at Adaptec which did all of thier SCSI host adapters and I also wrote all the UNIX drivers for all the adapters as well.  They called me "Mr. SCSI", and here we are.

Well I'll be...... I was right on both counts.  :rofl
80th FS "Headhunters"

S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning In A Bottle)

Offline ink

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #31 on: June 02, 2011, 05:21:38 PM »
Well I'll be...... I was right on both counts.  :rofl
thats cuz your so smucking farts :P

Offline TwinBoom

• Gold Member
      • 39th FS "Cobra In The Clouds"
« Reply #32 on: June 02, 2011, 05:59:35 PM »
i remember when certain banned members added that to urban dictionary........coughstorch cough
TBs Sounds 
39th FS "Cobra In The Clouds"NOSEART

Offline E25280

• Gold Member
      • http://125thspartanforums.com
« Reply #33 on: June 03, 2011, 06:46:43 PM »
i remember when certain banned members added that to urban dictionary........coughstorch cough
Umm . . . it clearly says added by beet1e.

Brauno in a past life, followed by LTARget
SWtarget in current incarnation
Captain and Communications Officer~125th Spartans

"Proudly drawing fire so that my brothers may pass unharmed."

Offline TwinBoom

• Gold Member
      • 39th FS "Cobra In The Clouds"
« Reply #34 on: June 03, 2011, 06:58:43 PM »
more than one entry :)
TBs Sounds 
39th FS "Cobra In The Clouds"NOSEART

Offline curry1

• Gold Member
« Reply #35 on: June 05, 2011, 12:22:07 PM »

(Image removed from quote.)

haha
Curry1-Since Tour 101

Offline DREDIOCK

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #36 on: June 05, 2011, 04:51:21 PM »

(Image removed from quote.)

Lemme put forth my experiences with Skuzzy. If for nothing else. for the benefits of the newer members.

Those of you familiar with me know I dont say flowery things laced with all bluebirds,butterflies and rainbows just to say what I think people want to hear. I dont Bury my nose up anyones butt to gain favor.
If somethings good I'll say so. And if somethings not so good IMO, I'll voice that as well. I can only speak for better or worse for what I see is true.

I've had my share of differences here just like many others. But the way I see it is Skuzzy has a job he's been instructed to do by his boss. and he's going ot do it just like anyone here would do whatever the job is their boss told them to do. Now. we may not like the way it goes sometimes and for all we know,even he may not like the way it goes sometimes But bottom line its his job to do. And sometimes its like being a Proctologist "its a cr@ppy job but someone has to do it."

Lets just say on a sheer hypothetical he is given a set of parameters to work with even he doesnt like or agree with. Whats he supposed to do. say "sorry boss. wont do that"?  What kind of reaction would your boss have to that? Safe to say you wouldnt have a job long.

Whether you agree with what the boss wants or what the company policies are is irrelevant. Your job is to do your bosses bidding. Period. bottom line, end of story. Because the moment you dont. You loose any value you have to whomever you are working for. You youngsters might want to make note of that for when you enter the real world yourselves.

Now we dont know where Skuzzy stands. And its not our place to ask. All we can assume is he is no matter if we like or agree with how its done or not. Or een if he does. He's doing his job. And must be doing it relatively well and up to his bosses standards because he's still here.

My own interactions. Not all of which have been public. Have been that if you talk to Skuzzy like an adult. He will treat you in kind. That doesnt mean you will always get the answer or conclusion to the issue you want. But you will at least be shown the same respect you show. And you cant ask for more then that from anyone. And while I cant say every interaction has ended to the favor I wanted. In the end its always been amicable or at the very least respectful and we knew where each other stood.

This place is their lively hood. They have the right to moderate it as they see fit. And if any of us do not like it. Well thats just a damn shame. Im sure they do not loose too much sleep over who stays or goes on the BBS. I know I wouldnt.
Death is no easy answer
For those who wish to know
Ask those who have been before you
What fate the future holds
It ain't pretty